I am hoping for some much needed help regarding mine and my boyfriends trip, we are both in our late twenties and this will be our first trip to Italy.I have flights booked flying in and out of Rome, arriving on this Saturday at 11am and departing the following Sunday at 12 noon.
Yes....I know I have left it very late to sort this out, I've had the flights booked since last August but am very indecisive! I keep booking hotels on booking.com then cancelling them.
My plan up to now was to go straight to Sorrento and spend 5 nights there, see Capri, Mount Vesuvious, Naples etc then head over to Rome for the last 3 nights. I'm now having doubts about this as I've had a few people saying to me that Sorrento doesn't have that much going on and not really that much to do and see. I'm now considering Venice/Florence then Rome. I don't know!!!!
We want to enjoy great food and have lots to do in terms of sightseeing but are not too fussed about museums. We are not bothered at all for a beach aspect of the holiday as my boyfriend gets bored easily with this. It's also my boyfriends 30th birthday while we are there so I would like to do something special on that day. We are looking for a 3/4 star hotel, as long as it has breakfast, wifi and is clean that will suit us.
We are happy to get trains and use public transport and our budget is £2500 maximum.
I would appreciate any help you could give me as I am starting to get a little stressed!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 2 CDG much improved
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 5 St Denis Cathedral
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 10 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 13 Rouen Tour Companies
- 14 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 15 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 16 Ronda Wine/biking
- 17 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 18 Italy bus or train
- 19 Ireland itinerary help please
- 20 May get together in Paris
- 21 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 22 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 23 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 24 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 25 Canal du Midi
Help needed! Travelling on Saturday flying in and out of Rome 8 nights