I am hoping for some much needed help regarding mine and my boyfriends trip, we are both in our late twenties and this will be our first trip to Italy.I have flights booked flying in and out of Rome, arriving on this Saturday at 11am and departing the following Sunday at 12 noon.
Yes....I know I have left it very late to sort this out, I've had the flights booked since last August but am very indecisive! I keep booking hotels on booking.com then cancelling them.
My plan up to now was to go straight to Sorrento and spend 5 nights there, see Capri, Mount Vesuvious, Naples etc then head over to Rome for the last 3 nights. I'm now having doubts about this as I've had a few people saying to me that Sorrento doesn't have that much going on and not really that much to do and see. I'm now considering Venice/Florence then Rome. I don't know!!!!
We want to enjoy great food and have lots to do in terms of sightseeing but are not too fussed about museums. We are not bothered at all for a beach aspect of the holiday as my boyfriend gets bored easily with this. It's also my boyfriends 30th birthday while we are there so I would like to do something special on that day. We are looking for a 3/4 star hotel, as long as it has breakfast, wifi and is clean that will suit us.
We are happy to get trains and use public transport and our budget is £2500 maximum.
I would appreciate any help you could give me as I am starting to get a little stressed!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 2 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 3 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 4 Spain in July
- 5 Train help for Prague
- 6 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 7 Athens
- 8 We're here!
- 9 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 10 Petrol in Greece
- 11 Germany train help!
- 12 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Meteora for older folk
- 15 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 16 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Budapest & Prague
- 19 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 20 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 21 Paris day trips August
- 22 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 23 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 24 Acorn TV
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
Help needed! Travelling on Saturday flying in and out of Rome 8 nights