I am hoping for some much needed help regarding mine and my boyfriends trip, we are both in our late twenties and this will be our first trip to Italy.I have flights booked flying in and out of Rome, arriving on this Saturday at 11am and departing the following Sunday at 12 noon.
Yes....I know I have left it very late to sort this out, I've had the flights booked since last August but am very indecisive! I keep booking hotels on booking.com then cancelling them.
My plan up to now was to go straight to Sorrento and spend 5 nights there, see Capri, Mount Vesuvious, Naples etc then head over to Rome for the last 3 nights. I'm now having doubts about this as I've had a few people saying to me that Sorrento doesn't have that much going on and not really that much to do and see. I'm now considering Venice/Florence then Rome. I don't know!!!!
We want to enjoy great food and have lots to do in terms of sightseeing but are not too fussed about museums. We are not bothered at all for a beach aspect of the holiday as my boyfriend gets bored easily with this. It's also my boyfriends 30th birthday while we are there so I would like to do something special on that day. We are looking for a 3/4 star hotel, as long as it has breakfast, wifi and is clean that will suit us.
We are happy to get trains and use public transport and our budget is £2500 maximum.
I would appreciate any help you could give me as I am starting to get a little stressed!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 2 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 3 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 4 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 5 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 6 Passport proplems
- 7 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 8 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 9 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 10 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 11 Itinerary help...
- 12 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 13 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 14 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 15 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 16 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 17 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 18 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 19 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 20 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 23 A week in Paris
- 24 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 25 Help needed with Europe itinerary
Help needed! Travelling on Saturday flying in and out of Rome 8 nights