I am hoping for some much needed help regarding mine and my boyfriends trip, we are both in our late twenties and this will be our first trip to Italy.I have flights booked flying in and out of Rome, arriving on this Saturday at 11am and departing the following Sunday at 12 noon.
Yes....I know I have left it very late to sort this out, I've had the flights booked since last August but am very indecisive! I keep booking hotels on booking.com then cancelling them.
My plan up to now was to go straight to Sorrento and spend 5 nights there, see Capri, Mount Vesuvious, Naples etc then head over to Rome for the last 3 nights. I'm now having doubts about this as I've had a few people saying to me that Sorrento doesn't have that much going on and not really that much to do and see. I'm now considering Venice/Florence then Rome. I don't know!!!!
We want to enjoy great food and have lots to do in terms of sightseeing but are not too fussed about museums. We are not bothered at all for a beach aspect of the holiday as my boyfriend gets bored easily with this. It's also my boyfriends 30th birthday while we are there so I would like to do something special on that day. We are looking for a 3/4 star hotel, as long as it has breakfast, wifi and is clean that will suit us.
We are happy to get trains and use public transport and our budget is £2500 maximum.
I would appreciate any help you could give me as I am starting to get a little stressed!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 2 Legal documents assistants
- 3 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 4 ATM help
- 5 ATM
- 6 Visit to Sardinia
- 7 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 8 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 9 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 10 London is it worth it?
- 11 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 12 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 13 Montserrat Express
- 14 London in Winter Report
- 15 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 16 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 17 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 18 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 19 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 20 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 21 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 22 International drivers permit
- 23 Places to stop/stay?
- 24 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 25 transportation from De Gaulle airport
Help needed! Travelling on Saturday flying in and out of Rome 8 nights