I would need someone who has been already in Iceland and/or has done a similar tour to tell me if the below is possible and if I would have enough time to spend "outside" the car...
Comments, suggestions and corrections are more than welcome.
We'll be 2 and we'll be arriving in Iceland on the 3rd of June and flying out on the 12.
This would be the itinerary:
Day 1 - Arrival late evening and night in Keflavik
Day 2 - Half a day in the Blue Lagoon and afternoon to spend around (suggestions?). Night in Keflavik
Day 3 - Golden Circle. Night in Skogar
Day 4 - Full day to spend hiking in the Skaftafell Park, night at the Hvoll Hostel (should be closed to the park...)
Day 5 - "Free" day exploring the East fjords (suggestions?) Night at Seydisfjordur
Day 6 - Drive to Myvatn. Hiking/spending time there. Night somewhere around the lake.
Day 7- Day exploring/Hiking the Jökulsárgljúfur Park. Night around there or in Husavik
Day 8 - Big drive back. Night in Borgernes
Day 9 - Reykjavik. Night flight back.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 2 3 days to spend in europe
- 3 Travel WiFi - France
- 4 Spain Itinerary Help
- 5 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 6 Ireland one week
- 7 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 8 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 9 Seville in late January
- 10 Berlin restaurant recs
- 11 Guides - Matera
- 12 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 13 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 14 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 15 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 16 RFID Protection
- 17 Spain Trip Report
- 18 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 19 20 free days of Europe
- 20 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 21 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 22 Limo from Heathrow
- 23 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 24 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 25 Iceland Trip report