I would need someone who has been already in Iceland and/or has done a similar tour to tell me if the below is possible and if I would have enough time to spend "outside" the car...
Comments, suggestions and corrections are more than welcome.
We'll be 2 and we'll be arriving in Iceland on the 3rd of June and flying out on the 12.
This would be the itinerary:
Day 1 - Arrival late evening and night in Keflavik
Day 2 - Half a day in the Blue Lagoon and afternoon to spend around (suggestions?). Night in Keflavik
Day 3 - Golden Circle. Night in Skogar
Day 4 - Full day to spend hiking in the Skaftafell Park, night at the Hvoll Hostel (should be closed to the park...)
Day 5 - "Free" day exploring the East fjords (suggestions?) Night at Seydisfjordur
Day 6 - Drive to Myvatn. Hiking/spending time there. Night somewhere around the lake.
Day 7- Day exploring/Hiking the Jökulsárgljúfur Park. Night around there or in Husavik
Day 8 - Big drive back. Night in Borgernes
Day 9 - Reykjavik. Night flight back.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 LIsbon
- 5 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 6 Corfu
- 7 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 8 Back from Paris
- 9 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 International Flight Question
- 13 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 14 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 15 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 16 Trip suggestion
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 19 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 20 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 21 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 22 Dijon in December!
- 23 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 24 Summer Travel order
- 25 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain