I would need someone who has been already in Iceland and/or has done a similar tour to tell me if the below is possible and if I would have enough time to spend "outside" the car...
Comments, suggestions and corrections are more than welcome.
We'll be 2 and we'll be arriving in Iceland on the 3rd of June and flying out on the 12.
This would be the itinerary:
Day 1 - Arrival late evening and night in Keflavik
Day 2 - Half a day in the Blue Lagoon and afternoon to spend around (suggestions?). Night in Keflavik
Day 3 - Golden Circle. Night in Skogar
Day 4 - Full day to spend hiking in the Skaftafell Park, night at the Hvoll Hostel (should be closed to the park...)
Day 5 - "Free" day exploring the East fjords (suggestions?) Night at Seydisfjordur
Day 6 - Drive to Myvatn. Hiking/spending time there. Night somewhere around the lake.
Day 7- Day exploring/Hiking the Jökulsárgljúfur Park. Night around there or in Husavik
Day 8 - Big drive back. Night in Borgernes
Day 9 - Reykjavik. Night flight back.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 2 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 3 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 4 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 7 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 8 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 9 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 10 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 11 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 14 London vacation rental agency
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 17 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 18 Christmas markets
- 19 Airline to Rome
- 20 SE ITALY
- 21 monograms vacation tours
- 22 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 23 Towns around Lucca
- 24 Thinking about the Fjords
- 25 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip