My husband and I (late 20s) are planning to visit Iceland during summers 2016 because my parents are posted there for a few years.Since they are there for the next 3 years, we plan to visit them once during summers next year and maybe winters in 2017. They've recently moved there and are new to the place. That is why I'm turning towards Fodor's for advice!
1) I would specifically like to know if we can divide the places to cover in Iceland as per summers / winters. I know the place is magical and is worth visiting during both seasons. That is why I'd like to know which places are not to be missed during summers and winters respectively.
2) Since we are heading towards Europe, we plan to stay in Iceland for a week or 10 days maximum and spend another week in Switzerland/ France/ Amsterdam/ Italy etc. Would like to know what countries (Maybe 2?) we can visit before or after Iceland. We like to spend minimally during travel and would prefer taking trains etc during our Europe mainland travel.
3) What month should we make this trip? Keeping in mind the weather, expenses etc.
Looking forward to your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 2 Andalucia itinerary help
- 3 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 6 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 7 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 8 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 9 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 10 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 11 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 12 Barcelona
- 13 Planning a European Trip
- 14 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 15 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 16 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 17 Santorini lodging
- 18 Spain and South of France
- 19 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 20 Algarve location Help
- 21 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 22 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 23 Ischia
- 24 Killarney
- 25 Romania - Good destination for 2017