My husband and I (late 20s) are planning to visit Iceland during summers 2016 because my parents are posted there for a few years.Since they are there for the next 3 years, we plan to visit them once during summers next year and maybe winters in 2017. They've recently moved there and are new to the place. That is why I'm turning towards Fodor's for advice!
1) I would specifically like to know if we can divide the places to cover in Iceland as per summers / winters. I know the place is magical and is worth visiting during both seasons. That is why I'd like to know which places are not to be missed during summers and winters respectively.
2) Since we are heading towards Europe, we plan to stay in Iceland for a week or 10 days maximum and spend another week in Switzerland/ France/ Amsterdam/ Italy etc. Would like to know what countries (Maybe 2?) we can visit before or after Iceland. We like to spend minimally during travel and would prefer taking trains etc during our Europe mainland travel.
3) What month should we make this trip? Keeping in mind the weather, expenses etc.
Looking forward to your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 2 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 5 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Help on ancient history route
- 8 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 9 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 10 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 11 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 12 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 13 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 14 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 15 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 16 Switzerland in October
- 17 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 20 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 21 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 22 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 23 Tuscany First Time
- 24 Iceland car rental agencies
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.