My husband and I (late 20s) are planning to visit Iceland during summers 2016 because my parents are posted there for a few years.Since they are there for the next 3 years, we plan to visit them once during summers next year and maybe winters in 2017. They've recently moved there and are new to the place. That is why I'm turning towards Fodor's for advice!
1) I would specifically like to know if we can divide the places to cover in Iceland as per summers / winters. I know the place is magical and is worth visiting during both seasons. That is why I'd like to know which places are not to be missed during summers and winters respectively.
2) Since we are heading towards Europe, we plan to stay in Iceland for a week or 10 days maximum and spend another week in Switzerland/ France/ Amsterdam/ Italy etc. Would like to know what countries (Maybe 2?) we can visit before or after Iceland. We like to spend minimally during travel and would prefer taking trains etc during our Europe mainland travel.
3) What month should we make this trip? Keeping in mind the weather, expenses etc.
Looking forward to your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our future trip to Greece
- 2 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 3 Russia in two weeks in December
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 8 Christmas Day in Granada
- 9 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 10 car insurance italy
- 11 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 12 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 13 Venice/Mestre
- 14 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Spanish Medical Providers
- 17 Transylvania - June 2018
- 18 Italy Car Scam
- 19 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 20 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 21 Krakow
- 22 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 23 Quizz !
- 24 Pay attention to your watches !
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP