My husband and I (late 20s) are planning to visit Iceland during summers 2016 because my parents are posted there for a few years.Since they are there for the next 3 years, we plan to visit them once during summers next year and maybe winters in 2017. They've recently moved there and are new to the place. That is why I'm turning towards Fodor's for advice!
1) I would specifically like to know if we can divide the places to cover in Iceland as per summers / winters. I know the place is magical and is worth visiting during both seasons. That is why I'd like to know which places are not to be missed during summers and winters respectively.
2) Since we are heading towards Europe, we plan to stay in Iceland for a week or 10 days maximum and spend another week in Switzerland/ France/ Amsterdam/ Italy etc. Would like to know what countries (Maybe 2?) we can visit before or after Iceland. We like to spend minimally during travel and would prefer taking trains etc during our Europe mainland travel.
3) What month should we make this trip? Keeping in mind the weather, expenses etc.
Looking forward to your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 2 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 3 Prague
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Sundays in Puglia
- 6 2 Months in Sicily
- 7 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 8 What tips can you give about packing?
- 9 Sim Card Options
- 10 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 11 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 12 Azores
- 13 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 14 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 15 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 16 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 17 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 22 Scotland in 7 Days
- 23 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 24 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 25 Climbing Ben Nevis in June