My husband and I (late 20s) are planning to visit Iceland during summers 2016 because my parents are posted there for a few years.Since they are there for the next 3 years, we plan to visit them once during summers next year and maybe winters in 2017. They've recently moved there and are new to the place. That is why I'm turning towards Fodor's for advice!
1) I would specifically like to know if we can divide the places to cover in Iceland as per summers / winters. I know the place is magical and is worth visiting during both seasons. That is why I'd like to know which places are not to be missed during summers and winters respectively.
2) Since we are heading towards Europe, we plan to stay in Iceland for a week or 10 days maximum and spend another week in Switzerland/ France/ Amsterdam/ Italy etc. Would like to know what countries (Maybe 2?) we can visit before or after Iceland. We like to spend minimally during travel and would prefer taking trains etc during our Europe mainland travel.
3) What month should we make this trip? Keeping in mind the weather, expenses etc.
Looking forward to your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 6 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 7 Which Day?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 11 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 Europe itinerary help!
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Les Invalides Night Show
- 19 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 20 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 24 Corsica and Sardinia
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary