We are wishing to travel by train from Paris to Toulouse on Wed 8th May 2013, which is a bank holiday in France. We have been experiencing difficulties with booking train tickets on this particular day...after playing around with the dates, we found out that tickets are available prior to the date we intend to travel, and also available after 11th May. But tickets are unavailable for sale between 8th May and 11th May. We have tried other websites such as tgv-europe.com with the same results.
Is there a reason as to why train tickets are unavailable for the dates above? I would presume that trains DO indeed run on public holidays. Or is the train company withholding the sale of tickets until a later date?
Unfortunately, we are not flexible with our dates as we have accommodation and car rental booked already.
Any insight would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 2 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 3 Santorini
- 4 One in Paris ... help
- 5 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 6 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 7 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 8 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 9 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 10 T Mobile Does it Again
- 11 Which order should I travel
- 12 Which order should I travel
- 13 Which order should I travel
- 14 Strasbourg sights and day trips
- 15 Train questions for Switzerland
- 16 First timers to Italy
- 17 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin
- 18 SWITZERLAND IN 5 SUMMER DAYS
- 19 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 20 7 days St Moritz, Interlaken, Zermatt
- 21 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 22 Itinerary Help
- 23 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 24 Hungary itinerary Help
- 25 Dolomites October 14-18
help needed for booking tickets on voyages-sncf.com on a bank holiday