We are wishing to travel by train from Paris to Toulouse on Wed 8th May 2013, which is a bank holiday in France. We have been experiencing difficulties with booking train tickets on this particular day...after playing around with the dates, we found out that tickets are available prior to the date we intend to travel, and also available after 11th May. But tickets are unavailable for sale between 8th May and 11th May. We have tried other websites such as tgv-europe.com with the same results.
Is there a reason as to why train tickets are unavailable for the dates above? I would presume that trains DO indeed run on public holidays. Or is the train company withholding the sale of tickets until a later date?
Unfortunately, we are not flexible with our dates as we have accommodation and car rental booked already.
Any insight would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 2 What one thing in Paris?
- 3 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 4 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 5 Scotland Trip
- 6 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 7 Holiday in Austria
- 8 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 9 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 10 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 11 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 12 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 13 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 14 Paris Under Seige...
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 16 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 17 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 18 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 19 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 20 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 21 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 22 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 23 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 24 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 25 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
help needed for booking tickets on voyages-sncf.com on a bank holiday