We are wishing to travel by train from Paris to Toulouse on Wed 8th May 2013, which is a bank holiday in France. We have been experiencing difficulties with booking train tickets on this particular day...after playing around with the dates, we found out that tickets are available prior to the date we intend to travel, and also available after 11th May. But tickets are unavailable for sale between 8th May and 11th May. We have tried other websites such as tgv-europe.com with the same results.
Is there a reason as to why train tickets are unavailable for the dates above? I would presume that trains DO indeed run on public holidays. Or is the train company withholding the sale of tickets until a later date?
Unfortunately, we are not flexible with our dates as we have accommodation and car rental booked already.
Any insight would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Passenger van Rental in Milan
- 2 Help with basic itinerary
- 3 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 4 iPhone/Skype/ATM questions
- 5 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 6 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 7 Clean up spam
- 8 Ron Hoffberg, Prague Guide
- 9 Valencia, Spain
- 10 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 11 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 12 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 13 Small towns not too near Paris
- 14 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 15 credit and debit cards
- 16 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 17 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 18 Positano Surprise
- 19 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 20 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 21 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 22 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 23 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 24 Greece and Italy Combo
- 25 Cinqueterre
help needed for booking tickets on voyages-sncf.com on a bank holiday