We are wishing to travel by train from Paris to Toulouse on Wed 8th May 2013, which is a bank holiday in France. We have been experiencing difficulties with booking train tickets on this particular day...after playing around with the dates, we found out that tickets are available prior to the date we intend to travel, and also available after 11th May. But tickets are unavailable for sale between 8th May and 11th May. We have tried other websites such as tgv-europe.com with the same results.
Is there a reason as to why train tickets are unavailable for the dates above? I would presume that trains DO indeed run on public holidays. Or is the train company withholding the sale of tickets until a later date?
Unfortunately, we are not flexible with our dates as we have accommodation and car rental booked already.
Any insight would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 2 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 3 Summer Travel order
- 4 Trip suggestion
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 7 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 8 Spain in July
- 9 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 Dijon in December!
- 14 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 15 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 16 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 19 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 20 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 21 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 22 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 23 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
help needed for booking tickets on voyages-sncf.com on a bank holiday