We are wishing to travel by train from Paris to Toulouse on Wed 8th May 2013, which is a bank holiday in France. We have been experiencing difficulties with booking train tickets on this particular day...after playing around with the dates, we found out that tickets are available prior to the date we intend to travel, and also available after 11th May. But tickets are unavailable for sale between 8th May and 11th May. We have tried other websites such as tgv-europe.com with the same results.
Is there a reason as to why train tickets are unavailable for the dates above? I would presume that trains DO indeed run on public holidays. Or is the train company withholding the sale of tickets until a later date?
Unfortunately, we are not flexible with our dates as we have accommodation and car rental booked already.
Any insight would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 2 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 3 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 4 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 5 6 Days in Italy
- 6 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 7 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 8 Low Deposit Holidays| Low Cost Getaway| Secure From Book It Now
- 9 Have Toddler, Will Travel
- 10 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 11 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 12 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 13 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 14 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 15 Stu Tower
- 16 Single Female Traveler in Italy
- 17 Maybe your worst nightmare...
- 18 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 19 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 20 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 21 Crete Holiday
- 22 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 23 What to do in San Marino + Internet connection
- 24 skopsko beer and shopsko salad. my week in macedonia
- 25 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
help needed for booking tickets on voyages-sncf.com on a bank holiday