We are wishing to travel by train from Paris to Toulouse on Wed 8th May 2013, which is a bank holiday in France. We have been experiencing difficulties with booking train tickets on this particular day...after playing around with the dates, we found out that tickets are available prior to the date we intend to travel, and also available after 11th May. But tickets are unavailable for sale between 8th May and 11th May. We have tried other websites such as tgv-europe.com with the same results.
Is there a reason as to why train tickets are unavailable for the dates above? I would presume that trains DO indeed run on public holidays. Or is the train company withholding the sale of tickets until a later date?
Unfortunately, we are not flexible with our dates as we have accommodation and car rental booked already.
Any insight would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 House Hunting in France
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 5 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 6 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 7 Itinerary Tweaking
- 8 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 11 Ireland in April
- 12 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 13 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 16 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 17 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 18 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 19 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 20 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 21 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 22 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 23 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 24 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 25 3-4 days Netherland trip
help needed for booking tickets on voyages-sncf.com on a bank holiday