We are wishing to travel by train from Paris to Toulouse on Wed 8th May 2013, which is a bank holiday in France. We have been experiencing difficulties with booking train tickets on this particular day...after playing around with the dates, we found out that tickets are available prior to the date we intend to travel, and also available after 11th May. But tickets are unavailable for sale between 8th May and 11th May. We have tried other websites such as tgv-europe.com with the same results.
Is there a reason as to why train tickets are unavailable for the dates above? I would presume that trains DO indeed run on public holidays. Or is the train company withholding the sale of tickets until a later date?
Unfortunately, we are not flexible with our dates as we have accommodation and car rental booked already.
Any insight would be much appreciated!
help needed for booking tickets on voyages-sncf.com on a bank holiday
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 4 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 7 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 8 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 9 first european holiday itinery
- 10 7 days in Andalucia
- 11 London for Christmas
- 12 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 13 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 14 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 15 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 18 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 19 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 20 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 21 A full week in The Netherlands
- 22 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 23 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 24 Apartments in Rome
- 25 Prague - must see