We are wishing to travel by train from Paris to Toulouse on Wed 8th May 2013, which is a bank holiday in France. We have been experiencing difficulties with booking train tickets on this particular day...after playing around with the dates, we found out that tickets are available prior to the date we intend to travel, and also available after 11th May. But tickets are unavailable for sale between 8th May and 11th May. We have tried other websites such as tgv-europe.com with the same results.
Is there a reason as to why train tickets are unavailable for the dates above? I would presume that trains DO indeed run on public holidays. Or is the train company withholding the sale of tickets until a later date?
Unfortunately, we are not flexible with our dates as we have accommodation and car rental booked already.
Any insight would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 2 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 3 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 4 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 5 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 6 English Countryside
- 7 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 8 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 9 Flights from Croatia
- 10 Europe in late January
- 11 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 12 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 13 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 14 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 15 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 16 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 17 Paris---baguette question???
- 18 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 19 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 20 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 21 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 22 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 23 Scenic Driving Routes
- 24 Vienna to Bratislava
- 25 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
help needed for booking tickets on voyages-sncf.com on a bank holiday