We are wishing to travel by train from Paris to Toulouse on Wed 8th May 2013, which is a bank holiday in France. We have been experiencing difficulties with booking train tickets on this particular day...after playing around with the dates, we found out that tickets are available prior to the date we intend to travel, and also available after 11th May. But tickets are unavailable for sale between 8th May and 11th May. We have tried other websites such as tgv-europe.com with the same results.
Is there a reason as to why train tickets are unavailable for the dates above? I would presume that trains DO indeed run on public holidays. Or is the train company withholding the sale of tickets until a later date?
Unfortunately, we are not flexible with our dates as we have accommodation and car rental booked already.
Any insight would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 2 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 3 Advice about Naples?
- 4 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 5 Florence-Uffizi and Accademia guided tour
- 6 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 7 Need advice on Mt. Rigi hike from Lucerne
- 8 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 9 Can I drive in Europe with a US license?
- 10 Switzerland/Italian Lakes Itinerary Help
- 11 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 12 Relaxing destinations?
- 13 Tips question
- 14 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 15 tipping
- 16 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 17 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 18 Sorrento or Positano
- 19 How many nights in Lucerne, how many in Lauterbrunnen?
- 20 US to Toulouse, connecting through Gatwick - how much connection time?
- 21 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 22 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 23 An afternoon in Geiranger
- 24 What clothes?
- 25 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
help needed for booking tickets on voyages-sncf.com on a bank holiday