We are going to Italy for 10 days in the middle of September. We are flying in and out of Rome, and upon arrival will fly right away to Genoa (arriving around 3 p.m.)
We will be traveling by train.
We wanted to see:
Portofino / Camogli / Santa Margherita
Cinque Terre (hikes)
Should we be based in Santa Margherita and take side trips to Genoa and CT?
Or stay first night in Genoa, then 2 nights in Santa Margherita or Camogli, 4 nights in CT area,
and then 2 nights in Lucca?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 2 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 3 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 4 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 5 Culinary scene in Vienna, Austria
- 6 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 10 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 11 Trip to Rome
- 12 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 14 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 15 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 16 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 17 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 18 Help required with Itinerary
- 19 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 22 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 23 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 24 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 25 Exchange: pros & cons?