We are going to Italy for 10 days in the middle of September. We are flying in and out of Rome, and upon arrival will fly right away to Genoa (arriving around 3 p.m.)
We will be traveling by train.
We wanted to see:
Portofino / Camogli / Santa Margherita
Cinque Terre (hikes)
Should we be based in Santa Margherita and take side trips to Genoa and CT?
Or stay first night in Genoa, then 2 nights in Santa Margherita or Camogli, 4 nights in CT area,
and then 2 nights in Lucca?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 3 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 4 Renting a car in Greece
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 7 renting a car in greece
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 12 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 13 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 14 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 15 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 16 retruning to US with souveniers
- 17 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 18 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 19 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 20 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 21 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 22 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 23 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 Help on ancient history route