We are going to Italy for 10 days in the middle of September. We are flying in and out of Rome, and upon arrival will fly right away to Genoa (arriving around 3 p.m.)
We will be traveling by train.
We wanted to see:
Portofino / Camogli / Santa Margherita
Cinque Terre (hikes)
Should we be based in Santa Margherita and take side trips to Genoa and CT?
Or stay first night in Genoa, then 2 nights in Santa Margherita or Camogli, 4 nights in CT area,
and then 2 nights in Lucca?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 2 Tieks for travel
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 Tracking the Weather
- 7 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 8 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 9 Where to eat in Rome?
- 10 Thinking about the Fjords
- 11 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 12 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 13 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 14 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Italy travel plan help
- 17 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 18 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 19 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 20 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 21 Alsace to Austria?
- 22 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 23 Budapest language lessons
- 24 Tours in Wales
- 25 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?