We are going to Italy for 10 days in the middle of September. We are flying in and out of Rome, and upon arrival will fly right away to Genoa (arriving around 3 p.m.)
We will be traveling by train.
We wanted to see:
Portofino / Camogli / Santa Margherita
Cinque Terre (hikes)
Should we be based in Santa Margherita and take side trips to Genoa and CT?
Or stay first night in Genoa, then 2 nights in Santa Margherita or Camogli, 4 nights in CT area,
and then 2 nights in Lucca?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Baby Milk
- 2 Tour groups
- 3 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 6 French restaurants
- 7 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 8 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 9 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 10 Driving in Italy?
- 11 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 12 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 13 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 14 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 15 Super Cover For Hertz
- 16 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 17 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 18 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 19 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 20 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Hotel in Vienna
- 23 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon