In addition to VRBO.com, are there any great sites you would recommend for finding reasonable apartments to rent in Liguria (Italian Riviera) for this September?
1) 6 adults (3 couples) visiting Cinque Terre, Santa Margherita, Camogli, Noli, Alassio, Finale Ligure, etc. this September who want to stay for one week by the sea (seaview and easy access to the water is essential);
2) We plan to hike, swim, eat tons of seafood (including cooking in our own kitchen) and do random daytrips by car to Piedmont, Tuscany, etc., but still want to be based in Liguria;
3) Towns we are considering to make our "home base": Levanto, Santa Margherita, Monterosso (but, of course, WE WOULD CERTAINLY CONSIDER "lesser-known" TOWNS as long as the requirement of being near the beautiful water is fulfilled; and
4) It would also be wonderful if a number of shops, restaurants and markets, etc. were WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE to where we are staying.
ANY IDEAS? This would be sometime in mid-to-late September. And half our group speaks fluent Italian, so it is not essential that we stay in some very-touristy center.
Some people recommend that we get to the town and just look for signs for rentals when we arrive, but since I have some older people in our group... I'm not sure I want to take a chance like that.
THANK YOU FOR ANY TIPS OR ADVICE YOU MAY HAVE regarding rentals. Cheers!
HELP! Need to rent an apartment in ITALY (Liguria) this September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 2 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 3 going to italy
- 4 where to stay in Germany
- 5 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 6 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 7 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 8 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 9 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 10 Fine with a rental car in Italy
- 11 Rentals car in Italy: FAQ
- 12 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 13 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 14 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 15 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 16 10 days in England
- 17 Help! Apartment near Parc de Passy or near Rue de Commerce!?
- 18 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 19 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 20 Ayasofya Hotel
- 21 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 22 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 23 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 24 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 25 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag