In addition to VRBO.com, are there any great sites you would recommend for finding reasonable apartments to rent in Liguria (Italian Riviera) for this September?
1) 6 adults (3 couples) visiting Cinque Terre, Santa Margherita, Camogli, Noli, Alassio, Finale Ligure, etc. this September who want to stay for one week by the sea (seaview and easy access to the water is essential);
2) We plan to hike, swim, eat tons of seafood (including cooking in our own kitchen) and do random daytrips by car to Piedmont, Tuscany, etc., but still want to be based in Liguria;
3) Towns we are considering to make our "home base": Levanto, Santa Margherita, Monterosso (but, of course, WE WOULD CERTAINLY CONSIDER "lesser-known" TOWNS as long as the requirement of being near the beautiful water is fulfilled; and
4) It would also be wonderful if a number of shops, restaurants and markets, etc. were WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE to where we are staying.
ANY IDEAS? This would be sometime in mid-to-late September. And half our group speaks fluent Italian, so it is not essential that we stay in some very-touristy center.
Some people recommend that we get to the town and just look for signs for rentals when we arrive, but since I have some older people in our group... I'm not sure I want to take a chance like that.
THANK YOU FOR ANY TIPS OR ADVICE YOU MAY HAVE regarding rentals. Cheers!
HELP! Need to rent an apartment in ITALY (Liguria) this September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 2 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 3 Paris November 2014
- 4 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 5 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 6 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 7 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 8 Greek ferries
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 11 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 12 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 13 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 14 Madrid and London
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Amsterdam to Brussels train connection question
- 17 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 18 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 19 SIM card for eastern europe
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 22 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 23 Lofoten ferry
- 24 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 25 Connecting with forum locals in Paris