In addition to VRBO.com, are there any great sites you would recommend for finding reasonable apartments to rent in Liguria (Italian Riviera) for this September?
1) 6 adults (3 couples) visiting Cinque Terre, Santa Margherita, Camogli, Noli, Alassio, Finale Ligure, etc. this September who want to stay for one week by the sea (seaview and easy access to the water is essential);
2) We plan to hike, swim, eat tons of seafood (including cooking in our own kitchen) and do random daytrips by car to Piedmont, Tuscany, etc., but still want to be based in Liguria;
3) Towns we are considering to make our "home base": Levanto, Santa Margherita, Monterosso (but, of course, WE WOULD CERTAINLY CONSIDER "lesser-known" TOWNS as long as the requirement of being near the beautiful water is fulfilled; and
4) It would also be wonderful if a number of shops, restaurants and markets, etc. were WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE to where we are staying.
ANY IDEAS? This would be sometime in mid-to-late September. And half our group speaks fluent Italian, so it is not essential that we stay in some very-touristy center.
Some people recommend that we get to the town and just look for signs for rentals when we arrive, but since I have some older people in our group... I'm not sure I want to take a chance like that.
THANK YOU FOR ANY TIPS OR ADVICE YOU MAY HAVE regarding rentals. Cheers!
HELP! Need to rent an apartment in ITALY (Liguria) this September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Paris on my own
- 2 Train tickets within Italy
- 3 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 4 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 5 Questions for Paris residents
- 6 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 9 Overnight in London - Hotel Recs?
- 10 Venice - apartment??????
- 11 Our first trip to Europe
- 12 Southwestern England
- 13 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 14 Stay in Venice
- 15 Teen Mens Fashion/Apparel?
- 16 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 17 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 18 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 19 Itinerary help: St. Remy / Marseille / Nice then? end in Milan
- 20 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 21 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 22 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 23 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 24 Mont St. Michele?
- 25 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!