In addition to VRBO.com, are there any great sites you would recommend for finding reasonable apartments to rent in Liguria (Italian Riviera) for this September?
1) 6 adults (3 couples) visiting Cinque Terre, Santa Margherita, Camogli, Noli, Alassio, Finale Ligure, etc. this September who want to stay for one week by the sea (seaview and easy access to the water is essential);
2) We plan to hike, swim, eat tons of seafood (including cooking in our own kitchen) and do random daytrips by car to Piedmont, Tuscany, etc., but still want to be based in Liguria;
3) Towns we are considering to make our "home base": Levanto, Santa Margherita, Monterosso (but, of course, WE WOULD CERTAINLY CONSIDER "lesser-known" TOWNS as long as the requirement of being near the beautiful water is fulfilled; and
4) It would also be wonderful if a number of shops, restaurants and markets, etc. were WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE to where we are staying.
ANY IDEAS? This would be sometime in mid-to-late September. And half our group speaks fluent Italian, so it is not essential that we stay in some very-touristy center.
Some people recommend that we get to the town and just look for signs for rentals when we arrive, but since I have some older people in our group... I'm not sure I want to take a chance like that.
THANK YOU FOR ANY TIPS OR ADVICE YOU MAY HAVE regarding rentals. Cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 2 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 3 Tuscany Itinerary
- 4 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 5 Places to stop/stay?
- 6 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 7 Visit to Sardinia
- 8 driving from London to Lourdes
- 9 ATM
- 10 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 11 TIM in FCO - update
- 12 Visa Query
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 15 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 16 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 17 ATM help
- 18 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 19 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 20 London is it worth it?
- 21 Montserrat Express
- 22 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 23 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 24 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 25 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
HELP! Need to rent an apartment in ITALY (Liguria) this September