In addition to VRBO.com, are there any great sites you would recommend for finding reasonable apartments to rent in Liguria (Italian Riviera) for this September?
1) 6 adults (3 couples) visiting Cinque Terre, Santa Margherita, Camogli, Noli, Alassio, Finale Ligure, etc. this September who want to stay for one week by the sea (seaview and easy access to the water is essential);
2) We plan to hike, swim, eat tons of seafood (including cooking in our own kitchen) and do random daytrips by car to Piedmont, Tuscany, etc., but still want to be based in Liguria;
3) Towns we are considering to make our "home base": Levanto, Santa Margherita, Monterosso (but, of course, WE WOULD CERTAINLY CONSIDER "lesser-known" TOWNS as long as the requirement of being near the beautiful water is fulfilled; and
4) It would also be wonderful if a number of shops, restaurants and markets, etc. were WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE to where we are staying.
ANY IDEAS? This would be sometime in mid-to-late September. And half our group speaks fluent Italian, so it is not essential that we stay in some very-touristy center.
Some people recommend that we get to the town and just look for signs for rentals when we arrive, but since I have some older people in our group... I'm not sure I want to take a chance like that.
THANK YOU FOR ANY TIPS OR ADVICE YOU MAY HAVE regarding rentals. Cheers!
HELP! Need to rent an apartment in ITALY (Liguria) this September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 2 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 3 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 4 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 5 Transports in Santorini
- 6 Scotland Votes "No"
- 7 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 8 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 9 Oslo in early Oct
- 10 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 11 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 12 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 15 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 16 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 17 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 18 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 19 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 21 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 22 Best day trips from Paris
- 23 Santorini transportation
- 24 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 25 Gift for French business associate