In addition to VRBO.com, are there any great sites you would recommend for finding reasonable apartments to rent in Liguria (Italian Riviera) for this September?
1) 6 adults (3 couples) visiting Cinque Terre, Santa Margherita, Camogli, Noli, Alassio, Finale Ligure, etc. this September who want to stay for one week by the sea (seaview and easy access to the water is essential);
2) We plan to hike, swim, eat tons of seafood (including cooking in our own kitchen) and do random daytrips by car to Piedmont, Tuscany, etc., but still want to be based in Liguria;
3) Towns we are considering to make our "home base": Levanto, Santa Margherita, Monterosso (but, of course, WE WOULD CERTAINLY CONSIDER "lesser-known" TOWNS as long as the requirement of being near the beautiful water is fulfilled; and
4) It would also be wonderful if a number of shops, restaurants and markets, etc. were WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE to where we are staying.
ANY IDEAS? This would be sometime in mid-to-late September. And half our group speaks fluent Italian, so it is not essential that we stay in some very-touristy center.
Some people recommend that we get to the town and just look for signs for rentals when we arrive, but since I have some older people in our group... I'm not sure I want to take a chance like that.
THANK YOU FOR ANY TIPS OR ADVICE YOU MAY HAVE regarding rentals. Cheers!
HELP! Need to rent an apartment in ITALY (Liguria) this September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 3 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 4 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 5 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 6 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 7 Avignon to London?
- 8 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 11 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 12 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 13 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 14 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 15 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 16 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 19 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 22 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 23 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 24 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 25 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish