In addition to VRBO.com, are there any great sites you would recommend for finding reasonable apartments to rent in Liguria (Italian Riviera) for this September?
1) 6 adults (3 couples) visiting Cinque Terre, Santa Margherita, Camogli, Noli, Alassio, Finale Ligure, etc. this September who want to stay for one week by the sea (seaview and easy access to the water is essential);
2) We plan to hike, swim, eat tons of seafood (including cooking in our own kitchen) and do random daytrips by car to Piedmont, Tuscany, etc., but still want to be based in Liguria;
3) Towns we are considering to make our "home base": Levanto, Santa Margherita, Monterosso (but, of course, WE WOULD CERTAINLY CONSIDER "lesser-known" TOWNS as long as the requirement of being near the beautiful water is fulfilled; and
4) It would also be wonderful if a number of shops, restaurants and markets, etc. were WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE to where we are staying.
ANY IDEAS? This would be sometime in mid-to-late September. And half our group speaks fluent Italian, so it is not essential that we stay in some very-touristy center.
Some people recommend that we get to the town and just look for signs for rentals when we arrive, but since I have some older people in our group... I'm not sure I want to take a chance like that.
THANK YOU FOR ANY TIPS OR ADVICE YOU MAY HAVE regarding rentals. Cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 2 Ravenna Mosaics
- 3 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 4 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 5 FlamencoTickets.com reliable site?
- 6 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 7 Greece Itinerary
- 8 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 9 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 10 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 11 15 days trip to Europe
- 12 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 13 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 14 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 15 Amsterdam, Germany
- 16 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 17 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 18 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 19 European Travel in March
- 20 Scotland Highlands Help
- 21 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 22 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 23 Our time in Rome
- 24 Berlin, germany
- 25 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
HELP! Need to rent an apartment in ITALY (Liguria) this September