Our original plan was to drive from Bologna to Parma to PORTOVENERE in late September, and stay 2 nights in Portovenere because we love Liguria so much. Unfortunately, we're finding both parking and accommodations in Portovenere during this time to be very limited. The only options that are currently available are very pricey... unless we want to stay in a hostel with bunk beds!
So now I'm thinking that maybe I should change our strategy... and consider another Ligurian town (maybe one that is not as quite as Portovenere is in September).
Both FINALE LIGURE and NOLI look awesome. They would add another hour to our drive... but maybe it's worth it? We just love atmospheric towns by the sea... hopefully ones not inundated with cruise ships. (We've already been to Camogli, Cinque Terre and Levanto... loved them, but would prefer somewhere else.)
Also we love hiking nature trails and exploring castles.
People say that LERICI is a possibility...but not as charming as Portovenere.
Many thanks / grazie for any advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 2 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 7 Milan or Turin
- 8 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Barcelona alternative
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 17 Iceland early december visit
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 20 God Save the Queen?
- 21 Road trip with our dog
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Spanish Medical Providers