Our original plan was to drive from Bologna to Parma to PORTOVENERE in late September, and stay 2 nights in Portovenere because we love Liguria so much. Unfortunately, we're finding both parking and accommodations in Portovenere during this time to be very limited. The only options that are currently available are very pricey... unless we want to stay in a hostel with bunk beds!
So now I'm thinking that maybe I should change our strategy... and consider another Ligurian town (maybe one that is not as quite as Portovenere is in September).
Both FINALE LIGURE and NOLI look awesome. They would add another hour to our drive... but maybe it's worth it? We just love atmospheric towns by the sea... hopefully ones not inundated with cruise ships. (We've already been to Camogli, Cinque Terre and Levanto... loved them, but would prefer somewhere else.)
Also we love hiking nature trails and exploring castles.
People say that LERICI is a possibility...but not as charming as Portovenere.
Many thanks / grazie for any advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Trip suggestion
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Spain in July
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Summer Travel order
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 9 LIsbon
- 10 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 11 Corfu
- 12 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 13 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 14 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 15 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 16 International Flight Question
- 17 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 18 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 19 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 20 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 21 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 22 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 23 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 24 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 25 Dijon in December!