Our original plan was to drive from Bologna to Parma to PORTOVENERE in late September, and stay 2 nights in Portovenere because we love Liguria so much. Unfortunately, we're finding both parking and accommodations in Portovenere during this time to be very limited. The only options that are currently available are very pricey... unless we want to stay in a hostel with bunk beds!
So now I'm thinking that maybe I should change our strategy... and consider another Ligurian town (maybe one that is not as quite as Portovenere is in September).
Both FINALE LIGURE and NOLI look awesome. They would add another hour to our drive... but maybe it's worth it? We just love atmospheric towns by the sea... hopefully ones not inundated with cruise ships. (We've already been to Camogli, Cinque Terre and Levanto... loved them, but would prefer somewhere else.)
Also we love hiking nature trails and exploring castles.
People say that LERICI is a possibility...but not as charming as Portovenere.
Many thanks / grazie for any advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:888:279:0246 Tec*h HelP 24*7
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Car rental in Santorini port
- 4 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 5 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 6 Renting a car in Greece
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 renting a car in greece
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 12 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 13 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 14 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 15 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 16 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 17 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 18 retruning to US with souveniers
- 19 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 20 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 21 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 22 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 23 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 24 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 25 Ireland and Scotland September 2017