Our original plan was to drive from Bologna to Parma to PORTOVENERE in late September, and stay 2 nights in Portovenere because we love Liguria so much. Unfortunately, we're finding both parking and accommodations in Portovenere during this time to be very limited. The only options that are currently available are very pricey... unless we want to stay in a hostel with bunk beds!
So now I'm thinking that maybe I should change our strategy... and consider another Ligurian town (maybe one that is not as quite as Portovenere is in September).
Both FINALE LIGURE and NOLI look awesome. They would add another hour to our drive... but maybe it's worth it? We just love atmospheric towns by the sea... hopefully ones not inundated with cruise ships. (We've already been to Camogli, Cinque Terre and Levanto... loved them, but would prefer somewhere else.)
Also we love hiking nature trails and exploring castles.
People say that LERICI is a possibility...but not as charming as Portovenere.
Many thanks / grazie for any advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wales
- 2 Paris in early august
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 5 Italy travel plan help
- 6 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 7 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 8 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 9 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 10 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 Tracking the Weather
- 14 Globus Iberian Tour
- 15 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Budapest to Kosice
- 18 Poland to Austria In December
- 19 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 20 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 21 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 22 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 23 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 24 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 25 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track