My husband, 2 sons (15 and 10) are planning a trip to Europe with 4 days in Amsterdam in the end of July/beginning of August.
I have now done some research and probably found 20-25 apartments/houseboats that would work for us. I really would appreciate some help knowing about locations/neighborhoods.
We like to shop (quirky or unique, not chains, not expensive designers), eat, and do the typical tourist things. We don't want to stay in the red light district (I don't exactly know where that is because I am in the preliminary planning stages) or any place where there would be wild parties all night log/a NYC Times Square type area. Obviously, safety would be our number one priority. Access to public transportation would help as well.
Once I have more ideas of neighborhoods, I will post some specific apartments and seek input.
Read more: http://forum.virtualtourist.com/forum-463377-1-Travel-Amsterdam-1-forum.html#ixzz1y9kzQBle
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lille Braderie 2017
- 3 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 4 Thinking about the Fjords
- 5 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 6 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 7 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Uber vs. TfL
- 10 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 19 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 20 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Athens Help
- 23 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 24 Berlin -clubs
- 25 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL