My husband, 2 sons (15 and 10) are planning a trip to Europe with 4 days in Amsterdam in the end of July/beginning of August.
I have now done some research and probably found 20-25 apartments/houseboats that would work for us. I really would appreciate some help knowing about locations/neighborhoods.
We like to shop (quirky or unique, not chains, not expensive designers), eat, and do the typical tourist things. We don't want to stay in the red light district (I don't exactly know where that is because I am in the preliminary planning stages) or any place where there would be wild parties all night log/a NYC Times Square type area. Obviously, safety would be our number one priority. Access to public transportation would help as well.
Once I have more ideas of neighborhoods, I will post some specific apartments and seek input.
Read more: http://forum.virtualtourist.com/forum-463377-1-Travel-Amsterdam-1-forum.html#ixzz1y9kzQBle
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 2 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 4 dinner jackets
- 5 Hotel St. Petersburg
- 6 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 7 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 8 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 9 Dublin Leap Card
- 10 Vatican City questions
- 11 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 12 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 13 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 14 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 15 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 16 Piedmont as a destination
- 17 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 18 Garda Land
- 19 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 20 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 21 2 weeks Europe trip
- 22 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 23 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 24 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings