My husband, 2 sons (15 and 10) are planning a trip to Europe with 4 days in Amsterdam in the end of July/beginning of August.
I have now done some research and probably found 20-25 apartments/houseboats that would work for us. I really would appreciate some help knowing about locations/neighborhoods.
We like to shop (quirky or unique, not chains, not expensive designers), eat, and do the typical tourist things. We don't want to stay in the red light district (I don't exactly know where that is because I am in the preliminary planning stages) or any place where there would be wild parties all night log/a NYC Times Square type area. Obviously, safety would be our number one priority. Access to public transportation would help as well.
Once I have more ideas of neighborhoods, I will post some specific apartments and seek input.
Read more: http://forum.virtualtourist.com/forum-463377-1-Travel-Amsterdam-1-forum.html#ixzz1y9kzQBle
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 IN ALASKA SPELL FOR BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IN Alaska Juneau
- 2 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 3 credit and debit cards
- 4 Labor Day in Paris
- 5 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 6 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 7 Short Trip to Paris
- 8 Driver"s License & Language
- 9 Road trip to Spanish Pyrenees - Suggestions?
- 10 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 11 Train up the Jungfrau
- 12 3 months in Switzerland this summer, need suggestions on weekend trips
- 13 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 14 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 15 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 16 I may be wrong....
- 17 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 18 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 19 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 20 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 21 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 22 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 23 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 24 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 25 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)