My husband, 2 sons (15 and 10) are planning a trip to Europe with 4 days in Amsterdam in the end of July/beginning of August.
I have now done some research and probably found 20-25 apartments/houseboats that would work for us. I really would appreciate some help knowing about locations/neighborhoods.
We like to shop (quirky or unique, not chains, not expensive designers), eat, and do the typical tourist things. We don't want to stay in the red light district (I don't exactly know where that is because I am in the preliminary planning stages) or any place where there would be wild parties all night log/a NYC Times Square type area. Obviously, safety would be our number one priority. Access to public transportation would help as well.
Once I have more ideas of neighborhoods, I will post some specific apartments and seek input.
Read more: http://forum.virtualtourist.com/forum-463377-1-Travel-Amsterdam-1-forum.html#ixzz1y9kzQBle
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 3 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 4 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 5 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 6 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 7 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 8 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 9 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 12 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 13 Super Cover For Hertz
- 14 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 15 When to Visit Scotland
- 16 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 17 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 18 Amalfi Coast help
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 Sicily
- 21 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 Where to buy Saffron?
- 25 English Countryside