My husband, 2 sons (15 and 10) are planning a trip to Europe with 4 days in Amsterdam in the end of July/beginning of August.
I have now done some research and probably found 20-25 apartments/houseboats that would work for us. I really would appreciate some help knowing about locations/neighborhoods.
We like to shop (quirky or unique, not chains, not expensive designers), eat, and do the typical tourist things. We don't want to stay in the red light district (I don't exactly know where that is because I am in the preliminary planning stages) or any place where there would be wild parties all night log/a NYC Times Square type area. Obviously, safety would be our number one priority. Access to public transportation would help as well.
Once I have more ideas of neighborhoods, I will post some specific apartments and seek input.
Read more: http://forum.virtualtourist.com/forum-463377-1-Travel-Amsterdam-1-forum.html#ixzz1y9kzQBle
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 2 Capri in July
- 3 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 4 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 5 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 6 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 7 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 8 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 10 help with Italy itinerary
- 11 Scotland and London 21 days
- 12 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 14 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 15 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 16 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 17 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Venice
- 20 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 21 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 22 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 23 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum