Please help me design a perfect European vacation. I am totally open to any suggestions!
The good news is I was able to book for 4 free openjaw tickets using my accumulated skymiles for 3 weeks in Europe arriving in Paris and leaving from Rome. The bad news is I will be travelling in August with lots of Europeans due to work contraints.
Please help me design a memorable and relaxing trip. Here is my information:
First trip to Europe, have travelled extensively in western hemisphere, esp US
We are 2 adults in their late 40's travelling with 2 mid-teen teenagers
Travelling for 3 weeks in August, Openjaw into Paris, Out of Rome
Not particularly fond of urban vacations at least in the US cities so far
Like lakes, mountains(Alps?), ocean sunsets with a glass of wine
Got to have air conditioning for August night sleeping
Would like to keep hotel budget to less than $250 US per night
Would like to keep the vacation non-hectic and not change locations too frequently
Enjoy mix of touristy sights by day, but like to stay at scenic areas
Don't particularly like large crowds of people (who does?)
I am not sure if driving or complex train stations are less hectic
Thanks for any and all help!!!
Help me plan a perfect, non-hectic France, Italy 3 week trip
- 1 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 2 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 3 RHK's heading to Europe
- 4 Backpacking through Europe
- 5 Planning my trip to Italy
- 6 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 7 Serbia photo gallery - Belgrade - Novi Sad
- 8 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 9 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 10 Driving in Genoa
- 11 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 12 Italian languaje course in Rome, acomodation advice
- 13 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 14 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 15 Istanbul Hotels
- 16 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 17 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 18 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 19 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 20 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 21 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 22 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 23 Paris Hotel for Young Couple
- 24 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 25 East coast trains