Please help me design a perfect European vacation. I am totally open to any suggestions!
The good news is I was able to book for 4 free openjaw tickets using my accumulated skymiles for 3 weeks in Europe arriving in Paris and leaving from Rome. The bad news is I will be travelling in August with lots of Europeans due to work contraints.
Please help me design a memorable and relaxing trip. Here is my information:
First trip to Europe, have travelled extensively in western hemisphere, esp US
We are 2 adults in their late 40's travelling with 2 mid-teen teenagers
Travelling for 3 weeks in August, Openjaw into Paris, Out of Rome
Not particularly fond of urban vacations at least in the US cities so far
Like lakes, mountains(Alps?), ocean sunsets with a glass of wine
Got to have air conditioning for August night sleeping
Would like to keep hotel budget to less than $250 US per night
Would like to keep the vacation non-hectic and not change locations too frequently
Enjoy mix of touristy sights by day, but like to stay at scenic areas
Don't particularly like large crowds of people (who does?)
I am not sure if driving or complex train stations are less hectic
Thanks for any and all help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TELNET: YAHOO mail Tec*s SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 Remove GPEDIT.MSC
- 2 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 3 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 4 rent muscle car in Norway
- 5 Paris and Normandy
- 6 How do I private message a person?
- 7 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 8 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 9 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 10 Burgundy and Lyon
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #173
- 12 Hotel or aparthotel recommendations in Lyon?
- 13 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 14 best boucherons in Lyon?
- 15 Switzerland 7 days from Zurich
- 16 Visiting Lyon
- 17 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 19 sommerrodelbahn (luge, bobsled, toboggan, alpine coaster) near Salzburg?
- 20 Athens International Airport customs and baggage reclaim
- 21 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 22 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 23 Need help with 3 days in Salzburg area
- 24 weekend trip lodging
- 25 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
Help me plan a perfect, non-hectic France, Italy 3 week trip