Please help me design a perfect European vacation. I am totally open to any suggestions!
The good news is I was able to book for 4 free openjaw tickets using my accumulated skymiles for 3 weeks in Europe arriving in Paris and leaving from Rome. The bad news is I will be travelling in August with lots of Europeans due to work contraints.
Please help me design a memorable and relaxing trip. Here is my information:
First trip to Europe, have travelled extensively in western hemisphere, esp US
We are 2 adults in their late 40's travelling with 2 mid-teen teenagers
Travelling for 3 weeks in August, Openjaw into Paris, Out of Rome
Not particularly fond of urban vacations at least in the US cities so far
Like lakes, mountains(Alps?), ocean sunsets with a glass of wine
Got to have air conditioning for August night sleeping
Would like to keep hotel budget to less than $250 US per night
Would like to keep the vacation non-hectic and not change locations too frequently
Enjoy mix of touristy sights by day, but like to stay at scenic areas
Don't particularly like large crowds of people (who does?)
I am not sure if driving or complex train stations are less hectic
Thanks for any and all help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Korean Messages
- 3 Swiss Travel Pass
- 4 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 5 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 6 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 7 6-7 Days in France
- 8 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 9 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 10 5 Days in Switzerland
- 11 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 12 Petrol in Greece
- 13 Another tipping question: concierges
- 14 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 15 Budapest in December 2017
- 16 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 17 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 18 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 19 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 20 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 21 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 22 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 23 Acropolis Athens
- 24 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 25 We're here!
Help me plan a perfect, non-hectic France, Italy 3 week trip