Im planning my first taste of western europe type tour with my partner. Our goal is to try a few places, figure out what we like, then do a more in depth trip at a later date at the favourite one or two countries, with some smaller towns included.
The trip will likely be Feb-march for about 3 weeks. We have 6 cities but i'd like to cut it down to 5.
Fly to Rome
Jetlag day in Rome
Rome (Pompeii Vesuvius Day Trip)
Rome (Night train 7pm-8am)
Munich from 8am (rest/explore)
Munich (neuschwenstein day trip)
Munich (rest legs, beer hall dinner)
Munich to Interlaken
Interlaken (jungfraujoch if clear)
Interlaken to Paris
Paris (walk & see pretty buildings)
Paris (maybe Disneyland)
Paris (rest/explore as needed)
Paris to London
London (super touristy things)
London (unsure -possible day trip)
London (rest/explore as needed)
London to Edinburgh
Edinburgh (arthurs seat & explore)
Edinburgh (look at pretty buildings)
Edinburgh (sleep in a castle)
Jetlag day before work
Based on February (weather, events, holidays etc) which would you exclude as a first impression of europe? Would you split those days equally or does one spot require more attention than the others?
I'm open to suggestions but I have absolutely no interest in is Venice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 2 Pay attention to your watches !
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 5 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 6 Schengen Rule
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Christmas Day in Granada
- 11 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 12 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 13 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 14 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 15 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 16 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 17 Zurich to Milan trip
- 18 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 19 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 24 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 25 Venice/Mestre
Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.