Im planning my first taste of western europe type tour with my partner. Our goal is to try a few places, figure out what we like, then do a more in depth trip at a later date at the favourite one or two countries, with some smaller towns included.
The trip will likely be Feb-march for about 3 weeks. We have 6 cities but i'd like to cut it down to 5.
Fly to Rome
Jetlag day in Rome
Rome (Pompeii Vesuvius Day Trip)
Rome (Night train 7pm-8am)
Munich from 8am (rest/explore)
Munich (neuschwenstein day trip)
Munich (rest legs, beer hall dinner)
Munich to Interlaken
Interlaken (jungfraujoch if clear)
Interlaken to Paris
Paris (walk & see pretty buildings)
Paris (maybe Disneyland)
Paris (rest/explore as needed)
Paris to London
London (super touristy things)
London (unsure -possible day trip)
London (rest/explore as needed)
London to Edinburgh
Edinburgh (arthurs seat & explore)
Edinburgh (look at pretty buildings)
Edinburgh (sleep in a castle)
Jetlag day before work
Based on February (weather, events, holidays etc) which would you exclude as a first impression of europe? Would you split those days equally or does one spot require more attention than the others?
I'm open to suggestions but I have absolutely no interest in is Venice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800:681:7208 password reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 3 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 6 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 7 Italy June 6-16
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 10 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 13 Long weekend in Albania
- 14 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 15 car rental
- 16 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 17 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 18 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 19 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 20 Munich and....???
- 21 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 22 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.