Im planning my first taste of western europe type tour with my partner. Our goal is to try a few places, figure out what we like, then do a more in depth trip at a later date at the favourite one or two countries, with some smaller towns included.
The trip will likely be Feb-march for about 3 weeks. We have 6 cities but i'd like to cut it down to 5.
Fly to Rome
Jetlag day in Rome
Rome (Pompeii Vesuvius Day Trip)
Rome (Night train 7pm-8am)
Munich from 8am (rest/explore)
Munich (neuschwenstein day trip)
Munich (rest legs, beer hall dinner)
Munich to Interlaken
Interlaken (jungfraujoch if clear)
Interlaken to Paris
Paris (walk & see pretty buildings)
Paris (maybe Disneyland)
Paris (rest/explore as needed)
Paris to London
London (super touristy things)
London (unsure -possible day trip)
London (rest/explore as needed)
London to Edinburgh
Edinburgh (arthurs seat & explore)
Edinburgh (look at pretty buildings)
Edinburgh (sleep in a castle)
Jetlag day before work
Based on February (weather, events, holidays etc) which would you exclude as a first impression of europe? Would you split those days equally or does one spot require more attention than the others?
I'm open to suggestions but I have absolutely no interest in is Venice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 2 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 3 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 4 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 7 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Road trip with our dog
- 11 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 12 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 13 Douro Valley in January?
- 14 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 15 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 16 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 17 Munich and....???
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 20 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 21 italy Cinque Terre
- 22 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 23 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 24 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 25 Ireland with 2 young kids
Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.