Im planning my first taste of western europe type tour with my partner. Our goal is to try a few places, figure out what we like, then do a more in depth trip at a later date at the favourite one or two countries, with some smaller towns included.
The trip will likely be Feb-march for about 3 weeks. We have 6 cities but i'd like to cut it down to 5.
Fly to Rome
Jetlag day in Rome
Rome (Pompeii Vesuvius Day Trip)
Rome (Night train 7pm-8am)
Munich from 8am (rest/explore)
Munich (neuschwenstein day trip)
Munich (rest legs, beer hall dinner)
Munich to Interlaken
Interlaken (jungfraujoch if clear)
Interlaken to Paris
Paris (walk & see pretty buildings)
Paris (maybe Disneyland)
Paris (rest/explore as needed)
Paris to London
London (super touristy things)
London (unsure -possible day trip)
London (rest/explore as needed)
London to Edinburgh
Edinburgh (arthurs seat & explore)
Edinburgh (look at pretty buildings)
Edinburgh (sleep in a castle)
Jetlag day before work
Based on February (weather, events, holidays etc) which would you exclude as a first impression of europe? Would you split those days equally or does one spot require more attention than the others?
I'm open to suggestions but I have absolutely no interest in is Venice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 2 Iceland early december visit
- 3 Paris to Italy
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 God Save the Queen?
- 6 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 9 8 Days in Spain
- 10 9 Days in Spain
- 11 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 17 Milan or Turin
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 21 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 24 Frankfurt to UK
- 25 Christmas Markets France/Germany
Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.