Im planning my first taste of western europe type tour with my partner. Our goal is to try a few places, figure out what we like, then do a more in depth trip at a later date at the favourite one or two countries, with some smaller towns included.
The trip will likely be Feb-march for about 3 weeks. We have 6 cities but i'd like to cut it down to 5.
Fly to Rome
Jetlag day in Rome
Rome (Pompeii Vesuvius Day Trip)
Rome (Night train 7pm-8am)
Munich from 8am (rest/explore)
Munich (neuschwenstein day trip)
Munich (rest legs, beer hall dinner)
Munich to Interlaken
Interlaken (jungfraujoch if clear)
Interlaken to Paris
Paris (walk & see pretty buildings)
Paris (maybe Disneyland)
Paris (rest/explore as needed)
Paris to London
London (super touristy things)
London (unsure -possible day trip)
London (rest/explore as needed)
London to Edinburgh
Edinburgh (arthurs seat & explore)
Edinburgh (look at pretty buildings)
Edinburgh (sleep in a castle)
Jetlag day before work
Based on February (weather, events, holidays etc) which would you exclude as a first impression of europe? Would you split those days equally or does one spot require more attention than the others?
I'm open to suggestions but I have absolutely no interest in is Venice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 car insurance italy
- 2 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 3 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 4 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 5 Venice/Mestre
- 6 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 7 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 Transylvania - June 2018
- 10 Italy Car Scam
- 11 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 12 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 13 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 14 Krakow
- 15 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 16 Quizz !
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 Pay attention to your watches !
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 22 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 23 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 24 9 Days in Spain
- 25 Iceland early december visit
Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.