I am in a dilemma and would appreciate any advice possible.
You see, I am planning a business trip to Antwerp in Belgium in mid-Jan this year, with a stop-over in Paris. So essentially I will fly into to Paris CDG, and then take a Thalys train from Gare du Nord to Antwerp.
My itinerary however, includes some shopping that I need to do in Champs Elysees. My main concern is the security in Paris as I was pickpocketed on the train, after a red eye flight, distracted and luggage in hand, from CDG to Gare du Nord on a train (the one that stops at every suburban station) 2 years back.
Anyway, I will fly in on a Sunday and I see myself presented with 2 choices of itinerary:
Itinerary A (Leave luggage at CDG airport)
1. Check in luggage at left luggage counter at CDG
2. Go from CDG to Champ Elysees using public transport
3. Finish some shopping, from Champ Elysees take public transport back to CDG
4. Retrieve luggage from left luggage counter at CDG airport
5. From CDG, take Thalys train to Antwerp (transiting at Brussels)
Pros for Itinerary A :
(a) No taking of the train from CDG to Gare du Nord burdened with luggage; (b) was told that it took shorter time to check in and retrieve luggage at luggage facilities at CDG compared to check in and retrieve luggage from lockers at Gare du Nord
Cons for Itinerary A :
(a) Less trains departing for Antwep from CDG airport (b) Have to spend more time to change to another train at Brussels in order to get to Antwerp (c) troublesome to have to go all the way back to CDG just to take the train (instead of taking the train at Gare du Nord)
Itinerary B (Leave luggage at Gare du Nord)
1. Go from CDG to Gare du Nord via RER non-stop train, with luggage in hand
2. Check in luggage at luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
3. From Gare du Nord take public transport to Champ Elysees
4. Finish some shopping, from Champ Elysees take public transport back to Gare du Nord
5. Retrieve luggage from luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
6. Take Thalys express train to Antwerp
Pros for Itinerary B :
More trains departing for Antwep from Gare du Nord (b) Direct train to Antwerp without any change of trains (c) taking the train at Gare du Nord, no need to go all the way back to CDG airport
Cons for Itinerary B :
(a) Have to take the train from CDG to Gare du Nord burdened with luggage and have to be extra careful; (b) long queues at the luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
What is your advice in my case ? Which way should I choose ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Les Invalides Night Show
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 4 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 barcelona neighborhood
- 7 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 8 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 9 Best Greek Island
- 10 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 11 Which Day?
- 12 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 13 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 14 Shorts in South of France?
- 15 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 16 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 17 Corsica and Sardinia
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Regarding Residence Permit
- 20 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 23 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 24 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 25 limousine services - milan - rome