I am in a dilemma and would appreciate any advice possible.
You see, I am planning a business trip to Antwerp in Belgium in mid-Jan this year, with a stop-over in Paris. So essentially I will fly into to Paris CDG, and then take a Thalys train from Gare du Nord to Antwerp.
My itinerary however, includes some shopping that I need to do in Champs Elysees. My main concern is the security in Paris as I was pickpocketed on the train, after a red eye flight, distracted and luggage in hand, from CDG to Gare du Nord on a train (the one that stops at every suburban station) 2 years back.
Anyway, I will fly in on a Sunday and I see myself presented with 2 choices of itinerary:
Itinerary A (Leave luggage at CDG airport)
1. Check in luggage at left luggage counter at CDG
2. Go from CDG to Champ Elysees using public transport
3. Finish some shopping, from Champ Elysees take public transport back to CDG
4. Retrieve luggage from left luggage counter at CDG airport
5. From CDG, take Thalys train to Antwerp (transiting at Brussels)
Pros for Itinerary A :
(a) No taking of the train from CDG to Gare du Nord burdened with luggage; (b) was told that it took shorter time to check in and retrieve luggage at luggage facilities at CDG compared to check in and retrieve luggage from lockers at Gare du Nord
Cons for Itinerary A :
(a) Less trains departing for Antwep from CDG airport (b) Have to spend more time to change to another train at Brussels in order to get to Antwerp (c) troublesome to have to go all the way back to CDG just to take the train (instead of taking the train at Gare du Nord)
Itinerary B (Leave luggage at Gare du Nord)
1. Go from CDG to Gare du Nord via RER non-stop train, with luggage in hand
2. Check in luggage at luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
3. From Gare du Nord take public transport to Champ Elysees
4. Finish some shopping, from Champ Elysees take public transport back to Gare du Nord
5. Retrieve luggage from luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
6. Take Thalys express train to Antwerp
Pros for Itinerary B :
More trains departing for Antwep from Gare du Nord (b) Direct train to Antwerp without any change of trains (c) taking the train at Gare du Nord, no need to go all the way back to CDG airport
Cons for Itinerary B :
(a) Have to take the train from CDG to Gare du Nord burdened with luggage and have to be extra careful; (b) long queues at the luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
What is your advice in my case ? Which way should I choose ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.N) GMAIL Password Reset CONTACT ☎1: 800:982:8520 GMAIL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 3 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 4 Scotland in December
- 5 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 6 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 9 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 10 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 11 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 12 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 15 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 18 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 19 10 days in London in early December
- 20 Iceland
- 21 Greece
- 22 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 23 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 24 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice