We will be arriving in September in Munich (before Oktoberfest!), staying 2 nights to recover from jetlag and such, and then off for 3 days of mountain relaxation before moving on to Vienna and Prague and Berlin.
Here are our 3 options:
MURNAU : http://www.alpenhof-murnau.com/fr/
In that case, we would probably rent a car in Munich, and return it there as well before taking a train to Vienna.
BAD GADSTEIN : http://www.haus-hirt.com/en/Location/anreise_en.php
Since renting a car in Germany and leaving it in Austria costs a lot more, we were also thinking of taking a train from Munich to Salzburg, and then renting a car there, returning it in Vienna. Good idea?
HINTERGLEMM : http://www.hotel-theresia.com/
Thanks for your input!
Help me choose between hotel spas in Austria/Bavaria!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 2 First Time to UK since 2001
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 5 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 6 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 7 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 8 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 9 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 10 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 13 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 14 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 15 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 16 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 17 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 18 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 19 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 20 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 21 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 22 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 23 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 24 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 25 Vacation Rental in Venice