We will be arriving in September in Munich (before Oktoberfest!), staying 2 nights to recover from jetlag and such, and then off for 3 days of mountain relaxation before moving on to Vienna and Prague and Berlin.
Here are our 3 options:
MURNAU : http://www.alpenhof-murnau.com/fr/
In that case, we would probably rent a car in Munich, and return it there as well before taking a train to Vienna.
BAD GADSTEIN : http://www.haus-hirt.com/en/Location/anreise_en.php
Since renting a car in Germany and leaving it in Austria costs a lot more, we were also thinking of taking a train from Munich to Salzburg, and then renting a car there, returning it in Vienna. Good idea?
HINTERGLEMM : http://www.hotel-theresia.com/
Thanks for your input!
Help me choose between hotel spas in Austria/Bavaria!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Slow travel Lisbon and ??? in Portugal in early Nov.--2 weeks
- 2 December trip to Germany & Switzerland - Ingo are you out there?
- 3 Switzerland travel in December
- 4 In the movie "Roman Holiday..."
- 5 Never To Return
- 6 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 7 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 8 Decision time...
- 9 Europe in December for 10 days
- 10 Lucerne Switzerland
- 11 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 12 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 13 Italy - unusually so
- 14 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 15 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport
- 16 Authentic czech food
- 17 Advice for Seville in September, especially for the Bienale de flamenco?
- 18 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 19 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 20 Ireland Itinerary - feedback requested
- 21 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 22 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 23 Be careful in Vienna
- 24 Spain in November
- 25 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?