We will be arriving in September in Munich (before Oktoberfest!), staying 2 nights to recover from jetlag and such, and then off for 3 days of mountain relaxation before moving on to Vienna and Prague and Berlin.
Here are our 3 options:
MURNAU : http://www.alpenhof-murnau.com/fr/
In that case, we would probably rent a car in Munich, and return it there as well before taking a train to Vienna.
BAD GADSTEIN : http://www.haus-hirt.com/en/Location/anreise_en.php
Since renting a car in Germany and leaving it in Austria costs a lot more, we were also thinking of taking a train from Munich to Salzburg, and then renting a car there, returning it in Vienna. Good idea?
HINTERGLEMM : http://www.hotel-theresia.com/
Thanks for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 2 Paris gtg in October?
- 3 European Championship
- 4 Trains France/Switzerland
- 5 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?
- 6 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 7 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 8 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 9 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 10 Which order should I travel
- 11 Which order should I travel
- 12 Which order should I travel
- 13 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 14 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 15 Train questions for Switzerland
- 16 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 17 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 18 Normandy - driving trip
- 19 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 20 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 21 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 22 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 23 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 24 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 25 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris