We will be arriving in September in Munich (before Oktoberfest!), staying 2 nights to recover from jetlag and such, and then off for 3 days of mountain relaxation before moving on to Vienna and Prague and Berlin.
Here are our 3 options:
MURNAU : http://www.alpenhof-murnau.com/fr/
In that case, we would probably rent a car in Munich, and return it there as well before taking a train to Vienna.
BAD GADSTEIN : http://www.haus-hirt.com/en/Location/anreise_en.php
Since renting a car in Germany and leaving it in Austria costs a lot more, we were also thinking of taking a train from Munich to Salzburg, and then renting a car there, returning it in Vienna. Good idea?
HINTERGLEMM : http://www.hotel-theresia.com/
Thanks for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 2 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 3 Gluten Free in Italy
- 4 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 5 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 6 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 7 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 8 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 9 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 10 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 11 A few last minute questions
- 12 I'm KuKu for Iceland
- 13 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 14 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 15 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 16 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 17 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 18 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 19 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 20 Portugal trains
- 21 Sintra day trip from Lisbon - Independent versus Tour?
- 22 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 23 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 24 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 25 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July