We will be arriving in September in Munich (before Oktoberfest!), staying 2 nights to recover from jetlag and such, and then off for 3 days of mountain relaxation before moving on to Vienna and Prague and Berlin.
Here are our 3 options:
MURNAU : http://www.alpenhof-murnau.com/fr/
In that case, we would probably rent a car in Munich, and return it there as well before taking a train to Vienna.
BAD GADSTEIN : http://www.haus-hirt.com/en/Location/anreise_en.php
Since renting a car in Germany and leaving it in Austria costs a lot more, we were also thinking of taking a train from Munich to Salzburg, and then renting a car there, returning it in Vienna. Good idea?
HINTERGLEMM : http://www.hotel-theresia.com/
Thanks for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 3 Hotel Booking Discount!
- 4 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 5 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 6 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 7 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 8 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 9 Scotland itinerary advice
- 10 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 11 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 12 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 13 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 14 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 15 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 16 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 17 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 18 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 19 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 20 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 21 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 22 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 23 Valencia Spain
- 24 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 25 Visiting Zurich