We will be arriving in September in Munich (before Oktoberfest!), staying 2 nights to recover from jetlag and such, and then off for 3 days of mountain relaxation before moving on to Vienna and Prague and Berlin.
Here are our 3 options:
MURNAU : http://www.alpenhof-murnau.com/fr/
In that case, we would probably rent a car in Munich, and return it there as well before taking a train to Vienna.
BAD GADSTEIN : http://www.haus-hirt.com/en/Location/anreise_en.php
Since renting a car in Germany and leaving it in Austria costs a lot more, we were also thinking of taking a train from Munich to Salzburg, and then renting a car there, returning it in Vienna. Good idea?
HINTERGLEMM : http://www.hotel-theresia.com/
Thanks for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia or La Langhe
- 2 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 3 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 4 Rome
- 5 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 6 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 7 Vienna or Budapest?
- 8 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 9 Booking hotels before trains
- 10 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 11 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 12 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 13 Visiting Spain in January
- 14 Italy/Greece with kids
- 15 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 16 Do Not Rent from SIXT car rentals
- 17 Paris---baguette question???
- 18 Munich
- 19 English Countryside
- 20 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 21 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 22 Need help in travel planning
- 23 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 24 French immersion courses in France
- 25 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr