We will be arriving in September in Munich (before Oktoberfest!), staying 2 nights to recover from jetlag and such, and then off for 3 days of mountain relaxation before moving on to Vienna and Prague and Berlin.
Here are our 3 options:
MURNAU : http://www.alpenhof-murnau.com/fr/
In that case, we would probably rent a car in Munich, and return it there as well before taking a train to Vienna.
BAD GADSTEIN : http://www.haus-hirt.com/en/Location/anreise_en.php
Since renting a car in Germany and leaving it in Austria costs a lot more, we were also thinking of taking a train from Munich to Salzburg, and then renting a car there, returning it in Vienna. Good idea?
HINTERGLEMM : http://www.hotel-theresia.com/
Thanks for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 2 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 3 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 4 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 5 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 7 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 8 16 days in France and Italy
- 9 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 10 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 11 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 12 Avoid Europcar!
- 13 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 14 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 15 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 16 quickest way to Prague
- 17 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 18 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 19 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 20 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 21 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 22 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 23 Amsterdam
- 24 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 25 Europe Winter Itinerary