I am planning a Slovenia & Croatia trip for September and am trying to figure out car rental logistics to avoid those hefty across the border charges. I will be near Postojna and want to get to Istria. I was thinking I could catch a train from Postojna to Opatija and rent another car to tour Istria and the hill towns. Does this seem reasonable? If I read the train schedules correctly, it appears there are 2 trains daily that go from Postojna to Opatija. If I caught the early one, I could be on my way with a rental before lunch. The goal would be to make it to Rovinj to stay the night. I'd like to travel on a Sunday. Will this make a difference? Please give me advice if this idea seems reasonable. Are there car rental companies available at the Opatija train station or will I have to go into town? How difficult is it to get from the train station to the city centre. Is there another option that would be more practical to travel from Slovenia to Istria?
Help me avoid the Slovenia/Croatia rental car problem!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 2 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 3 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 4 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 5 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 6 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 7 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 8 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 9 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 10 biking in France
- 11 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 12 South of France - recommendations please!
- 13 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 14 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 15 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 16 Sienna at night
- 17 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 18 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 19 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 20 Siena Favorites?
- 21 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 22 Help with France itinerary
- 23 Terrorism in Europe
- 24 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 25 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal