We are a family of 5 travelling to Iceland to meet my parents who stay in Reyjkavic.
We plan to stay there for a week.
I'm trying to plan the week such that we stay in Reykjavic for 3-4 days and spend some time out of the city also!
Would like some guidance on the 2- or 3-day plan for Jokursarlon etc.
1 day we plan to go around the Golden Circle
I want to plan a night-stay somewhere along the way to Jokursarlon so that we can take our time during the journey and cover all the waterfalls along the way. I also want to plan this in such a way that we can take the ferry to Westman Islands for an afternoon to check out the Puffins.
I would like to cover as much of South Iceland as possible during this trip and would prefer if the above Vik-Jokursarlon trip can take place overnight itself.
Have heard that Iceland has few hotels and most get reserved by March itself. So I want to plan this part of my Europe trip as soon as possible.
Looking forward to planning this further!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 2 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 3 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 4 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 5 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 6 10 day Italy
- 7 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 8 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 9 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 10 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 11 Prague itinerary advice
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 Santorini lodging
- 14 Ireland
- 15 Killarney
- 16 Italian car factory tours
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 21 Self drive tour companies
- 22 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 23 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 24 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 25 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?