We are a family of 5 travelling to Iceland to meet my parents who stay in Reyjkavic.
We plan to stay there for a week.
I'm trying to plan the week such that we stay in Reykjavic for 3-4 days and spend some time out of the city also!
Would like some guidance on the 2- or 3-day plan for Jokursarlon etc.
1 day we plan to go around the Golden Circle
I want to plan a night-stay somewhere along the way to Jokursarlon so that we can take our time during the journey and cover all the waterfalls along the way. I also want to plan this in such a way that we can take the ferry to Westman Islands for an afternoon to check out the Puffins.
I would like to cover as much of South Iceland as possible during this trip and would prefer if the above Vik-Jokursarlon trip can take place overnight itself.
Have heard that Iceland has few hotels and most get reserved by March itself. So I want to plan this part of my Europe trip as soon as possible.
Looking forward to planning this further!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 5 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 6 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 7 Planning A trip
- 8 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 11 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 12 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 Castle Stays in Wales
- 15 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 19 Can parking
- 20 italy Cinque Terre
- 21 San Sebastián
- 22 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 23 Zurich to Milan trip
- 24 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald