We are a family of 5 travelling to Iceland to meet my parents who stay in Reyjkavic.
We plan to stay there for a week.
I'm trying to plan the week such that we stay in Reykjavic for 3-4 days and spend some time out of the city also!
Would like some guidance on the 2- or 3-day plan for Jokursarlon etc.
1 day we plan to go around the Golden Circle
I want to plan a night-stay somewhere along the way to Jokursarlon so that we can take our time during the journey and cover all the waterfalls along the way. I also want to plan this in such a way that we can take the ferry to Westman Islands for an afternoon to check out the Puffins.
I would like to cover as much of South Iceland as possible during this trip and would prefer if the above Vik-Jokursarlon trip can take place overnight itself.
Have heard that Iceland has few hotels and most get reserved by March itself. So I want to plan this part of my Europe trip as soon as possible.
Looking forward to planning this further!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Regarding Residence Permit
- 2 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 3 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 4 Homesaty
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 7 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 8 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 11 Route des Vins
- 12 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 13 2 days in Florence
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 16 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 17 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 18 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 19 base for Andalucia
- 20 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 21 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 22 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 23 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 24 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 25 Windsor Castle