I need some advice on the best itinerary for Spain and France. PLEASE! We are 2 adults travelling with our children 4 and 2.5 years old.
We are arriving in Madrid in mid May and planning to fly back to Australia in early August.
Our plan so far looks like this: this is the first draft and very open to all changes.
14 May to 21 May in Madrid (with side trips to Toledo, Segovia)
21 may train trip to Seville and into Puerto de Santa Maria (we have some relatives that live there)
We have a car from here
21-29 May around Jerez, Cadiz and a few nights stay in Seville
29-6 june Andalucia with overnight stays as Cordoba 2 nights, Granada 2, Malaga?, Marbella 3 or 4nights, Gilbraltar and back to Puerto.
6-8 june Puerto de santa maria
9-19 june Caceres, Trujillo, Merida and into Portugal. How many nights in each. Day trips?
Where to go in Portugal????
19-21 june back at Puerto
21 june fly Seville to Paris
21 - 26 June Paris
Hire car and drive to
27 June - 1 July Bordeux and Biarritz
2 July - 5 July San Sebastian
6 July drive to Barcelona (stay overnight somewhere on the way or drive straight)?
7- 12 July Barcelona
13 July drive to somewhere around Beziers or Montpellier
13 -20 Beziers/Montpellier area
27 July - 1 August Cap Ferrat
1 August drive into Italy to visit relatives and fly back home from Rome
What do you think?
Thanks very much in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 2 Driving through Paris
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 9 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 10 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 11 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 13 Zurich to Milan trip
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 16 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 21 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 24 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 25 Destination ideas for 88 year old