Thank you all so very much in advance for your help in planning the most ideal itinerary for a scenic 7-8 days in Switzerland by train. I will be traveling to Switzerland for Baselworld in early May 2013, arriving in Zurich from Los Angeles. I am planning a 7-8 day vacation through Switzerland by train that must end in Geneva, as I will then be flying into Italy from GVA for a 10-11 day trip through Italy (Venice-Florence-Rome).
On this trip, I am NOT as interested in visiting the mountains, snow activities or hiking. This time I am most interested in exploring cities & old towns, scenic views, Swiss watchmaking (hence Baselworld), and Swiss chocolate/cheese production. Based on my online research thus far, it seems for my interests the best places to see between Zurich and Geneva are: Lucerne, Interlaken, Bern, Broc and Gruyere, but I am open to advice. I have also heard to minimize bases in favor of day trips, however, I am not in favor of back-tracking and hope to maximize my time by train. I am a solo American traveler on a somewhat economical budget for Swiss standards and unfortunately I do not speak much German or French. I am open to all suggestions, and here is my tentative itinerary so far:
Day 1: Evening arrival in Zurich (overnight stay in Zurich).
Day 2: Early morning train to Basel for Baselworld (return for overnight stay in Zurich).
Day 3: Explore Zurich.
Day 4: Early morning train to Lucerne, explore Lucerne for a few hours. Afternoon train to Bern with a stop in Interlaken, explore Interlaken for a few hours. Evening arrival in Bern; stay overnight in Bern.
Day 5: Explore Bern (overnight stay in Bern).
Day 6: Early morning train to Broc & Gruyere for tour of Chocolate/Cheese factories for a few hours. Afternoon train to Geneva (overnight stay in Geneva).
Day 7: Explore Geneva (second night in Geneva).
Day 8: Afternoon flight to Italy from GVA.
Thank you again!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 생중계바카라사이트■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라사이트せ바카라사이트
- 2 라스베가스바카라【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 3 바카라크리스탈■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인카지노フ온라인카지노
- 4 외국인전용카지노【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 5 정선카지노리조트【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 6 투게더바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인바카라주소ぴ온라인바카라주소
- 7 라이브식보【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 8 바카라카지노게임■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■아시안카지노ぁ아시안카지노
- 9 연예인카지노【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 10 에이플러스카지노【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 11 온라인바카라주소■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■카지노사이트ギ카지노사이트
- 12 라이브강원랜드【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 13 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 14 강원랜드안마【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 15 리얼바카라게임■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라に바카라
- 16 몬테바카라【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 17 원정카지노주소 ■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라ぺ바카라
- 18 정선카지노밤문화【 HOT424。COM 】세븐스타카지노
- 19 바카라도박【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 20 카지노앵벌이【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 21 폰타나바카라【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 22 정선카지노밤문화【 HOT424。COM 】바카라사이트
- 23 사이버카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인바카라주소ッ온라인바카라주소
- 24 호텔카지노딜러■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인바카라ヨ온라인바카라
- 25 카지노머니■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생방송카지노ぐ생방송카지노
Help! Itinerary for 7-8 days in Switzerland by train (Zurich to Geneva)