We are flying in to London and out of Paris in December 2013-January 2014. We chose London since we wanted to see some relatives there for a couple of days. It turns out that they will be out of the country for the the holidays. So instead of London, we decided to go back to Amsterdam to see the snow covered canals (3-4 days) then to Venice, Florence (could be omitted) and Rome (ideally, we want to spend Christmas here) before heading to Paris( this will be our fourth time here, but will be our first winter experience) to spend the New Year's Day. What is the best way to get to/from each of the cities? Is it best to fly to Amsterdam from London? Then Amsterdam to Venice or Rome ? By plane or by train? Back to Paris by plane? This is a 21 day trip.
Help in planning a 21 day trip itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Too many Trip Reports
- 2 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 3 Heathrow to Paddington Trains
- 4 Is this the right way<>?
- 5 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 6 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 7 Art in Paris
- 8 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 9 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 10 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 13 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 14 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 15 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 16 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 17 Hotels that we found special
- 18 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 19 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 20 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 21 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 22 Great London Bars with a view
- 23 Rome Food Tour
- 24 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 25 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.