We are flying in to London and out of Paris in December 2013-January 2014. We chose London since we wanted to see some relatives there for a couple of days. It turns out that they will be out of the country for the the holidays. So instead of London, we decided to go back to Amsterdam to see the snow covered canals (3-4 days) then to Venice, Florence (could be omitted) and Rome (ideally, we want to spend Christmas here) before heading to Paris( this will be our fourth time here, but will be our first winter experience) to spend the New Year's Day. What is the best way to get to/from each of the cities? Is it best to fly to Amsterdam from London? Then Amsterdam to Venice or Rome ? By plane or by train? Back to Paris by plane? This is a 21 day trip.
Help in planning a 21 day trip itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 3 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 4 history museums or locations
- 5 Italy dolomites
- 6 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 7 22 year olds in Europe
- 8 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 9 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 10 Good times in Munich, the city
- 11 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 12 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 15 Cylades Island Hopping
- 16 One week in Spain, late May
- 17 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 18 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 19 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 20 Day roadtrips from Munich base
- 21 Berlin Prague Vienna Munich
- 22 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 23 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 24 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 25 5 Observations About Paris