We are flying in to London and out of Paris in December 2013-January 2014. We chose London since we wanted to see some relatives there for a couple of days. It turns out that they will be out of the country for the the holidays. So instead of London, we decided to go back to Amsterdam to see the snow covered canals (3-4 days) then to Venice, Florence (could be omitted) and Rome (ideally, we want to spend Christmas here) before heading to Paris( this will be our fourth time here, but will be our first winter experience) to spend the New Year's Day. What is the best way to get to/from each of the cities? Is it best to fly to Amsterdam from London? Then Amsterdam to Venice or Rome ? By plane or by train? Back to Paris by plane? This is a 21 day trip.
Help in planning a 21 day trip itinerary
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt Macarons
- 2 Trieste as a day trip?
- 3 Any stay at first hotel reisen?
- 4 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 5 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 6 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 7 Venice in Jan
- 8 Trieste as a day trip?
- 9 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 10 Lucerne & Zurich
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 13 Trip around Spain
- 14 Lake como
- 15 Getting around in Tuscany
- 16 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 19 Public transport from Ostuni
- 20 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 21 British drivers
- 22 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 23 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 24 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins