We are making our way from Dijon, France to Venice, Italy in 4-5 days in late June 2013. We need help working out the best itinerary. The various options and transport issues are confounding us!
We're thinking about:
Day 1 - Dijon to Chur by public train - overnight in Chur
Day 2 Bernina Express (Chur to Tirano) and onward to Lake Como
Day 3 (and 4) Lake Como - thinking possilby Lezzeno?
Day 4 or 5 - Lake Como to Venice
We have many questions....
1. Does this itinerary work - perhaps Lake Como before Bernina Express would be easier? (We have no choice about starting in Dijon and finishing in Venice.)
2. Is Lezzeno a good choice for Lake Como, given our overall itienerary? (We happen to think it looks gorgeous, but can be swayed by practical matters!)
3. Are we best to rent a car to travel to Lake Como? If so, from which city/town?
4. Would it be better to make Lake Como a base and travel for a day trip into the Alps? Would we see the same spectacular scenery as seems to be advertised on the Bernina?
Any and all suggestions, words of wisdom, links, etc welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 baklol: Tec*h SUPP0RT comcast mail CONTACT 1:8OO:540:6830 comcast
- 2 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 3 Tuscany Itinerary
- 4 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 5 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 6 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 7 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 8 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 9 Multi Country car Rental
- 10 London in Winter Report
- 11 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 12 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 13 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 14 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 15 Couscous
- 16 alcazar question and seville advice
- 17 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 18 London is it worth it?
- 19 Lisbon
- 20 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 21 driving from London to Lourdes
- 22 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 23 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 24 Places to stop/stay?
- 25 Visit to Sardinia