We are making our way from Dijon, France to Venice, Italy in 4-5 days in late June 2013. We need help working out the best itinerary. The various options and transport issues are confounding us!
We're thinking about:
Day 1 - Dijon to Chur by public train - overnight in Chur
Day 2 Bernina Express (Chur to Tirano) and onward to Lake Como
Day 3 (and 4) Lake Como - thinking possilby Lezzeno?
Day 4 or 5 - Lake Como to Venice
We have many questions....
1. Does this itinerary work - perhaps Lake Como before Bernina Express would be easier? (We have no choice about starting in Dijon and finishing in Venice.)
2. Is Lezzeno a good choice for Lake Como, given our overall itienerary? (We happen to think it looks gorgeous, but can be swayed by practical matters!)
3. Are we best to rent a car to travel to Lake Como? If so, from which city/town?
4. Would it be better to make Lake Como a base and travel for a day trip into the Alps? Would we see the same spectacular scenery as seems to be advertised on the Bernina?
Any and all suggestions, words of wisdom, links, etc welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ROUTER@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 3 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 6 Renting a car in Greece
- 7 Iceland france spain
- 8 Ex-pats with young kids
- 9 Maximizing Norway time
- 10 Greece
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 southeast sicily town as home base
- 13 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 14 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 15 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 London with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 19 Top Tapas Tascas
- 20 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 23 Iceland car rental agencies
- 24 Ludwig Castles
- 25 Best Viking Sites