We are making our way from Dijon, France to Venice, Italy in 4-5 days in late June 2013. We need help working out the best itinerary. The various options and transport issues are confounding us!
We're thinking about:
Day 1 - Dijon to Chur by public train - overnight in Chur
Day 2 Bernina Express (Chur to Tirano) and onward to Lake Como
Day 3 (and 4) Lake Como - thinking possilby Lezzeno?
Day 4 or 5 - Lake Como to Venice
We have many questions....
1. Does this itinerary work - perhaps Lake Como before Bernina Express would be easier? (We have no choice about starting in Dijon and finishing in Venice.)
2. Is Lezzeno a good choice for Lake Como, given our overall itienerary? (We happen to think it looks gorgeous, but can be swayed by practical matters!)
3. Are we best to rent a car to travel to Lake Como? If so, from which city/town?
4. Would it be better to make Lake Como a base and travel for a day trip into the Alps? Would we see the same spectacular scenery as seems to be advertised on the Bernina?
Any and all suggestions, words of wisdom, links, etc welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 multi city flights to europe
- 2 One week in Europe
- 3 Switzerland in September
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 London Theater
- 6 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 7 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 8 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 9 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 10 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 11 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 12 Positano or Sorrento?
- 13 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 14 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 15 My final Prague itinerary
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 weekend from cologne germany
- 19 Globus Iberian Tour
- 20 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 21 13 nights in switzerland
- 22 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 23 Earthquake near Naples
- 24 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017