We are making our way from Dijon, France to Venice, Italy in 4-5 days in late June 2013. We need help working out the best itinerary. The various options and transport issues are confounding us!
We're thinking about:
Day 1 - Dijon to Chur by public train - overnight in Chur
Day 2 Bernina Express (Chur to Tirano) and onward to Lake Como
Day 3 (and 4) Lake Como - thinking possilby Lezzeno?
Day 4 or 5 - Lake Como to Venice
We have many questions....
1. Does this itinerary work - perhaps Lake Como before Bernina Express would be easier? (We have no choice about starting in Dijon and finishing in Venice.)
2. Is Lezzeno a good choice for Lake Como, given our overall itienerary? (We happen to think it looks gorgeous, but can be swayed by practical matters!)
3. Are we best to rent a car to travel to Lake Como? If so, from which city/town?
4. Would it be better to make Lake Como a base and travel for a day trip into the Alps? Would we see the same spectacular scenery as seems to be advertised on the Bernina?
Any and all suggestions, words of wisdom, links, etc welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 15 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days