My husband and I will be going to Europe for 2 months (visiting a number of countries) and we will finish our trip in San Sabastian. I have searched online for accommodation options, transport, places to eat and visit. However, I am still confused here - we are leaving for Europe in 2 weeks and maybe I missed out some information in my state of panic.
I have a couple of questions if someone can assist please:
- Which area and where to stay? We most probably will fly to SS from Barcelona, and take the bus to Santander after. Is the area near the bus station centrally located to the attractions? How do we get from the airport to the city?
- Where to eat for our 2.5 short days.What are the "must eats"?
- What are the "must visits"?
- We will arrive SS on a Tuesday morning, and we have to catch our flight in Santander on Friday evening. Should we stay all 3 nights in SS and take the bus to Santander on Friday, or should we head to Santander on Thursday night so that we will have half a day to tour Santander on Friday before catching our flight?
- We will be arriving in late Oct. What is the weather like?
We are looking to wind down from our Europe trip in SS before heading back to Australia. Therefore, we will just like to relax, enjoy the local cuisine and do a leisurely tour of SS.
I know a lot of the information can be found online - I planned the rest of the trip researching the Fodor forums. However, as I have limited time before I leave for Europe I would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 2 Fodor's Survey
- 3 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 4 Barcelona question
- 5 My 60th birthday surprises
- 6 20 Days in Europe
- 7 4 days in switzerland
- 8 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 9 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 10 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 11 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 12 European Cooking Secrets
- 13 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 14 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 15 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 16 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 17 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 18 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 19 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 20 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 21 Help with first time trip with family
- 22 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 23 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 24 Verona or Athens?
- 25 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises