I'm hoping you guys will be able to help us with our conundrum. We are supposed to stay in Florence 9/25-9/27 (currently in Tuscany with rental car) however it sounds like the bike race will be a huge damper on our plans.
Our hotel said many streets will be closed to pedestrians and all to cars. We would have to drop our rental off at the airport and either take a taxi to outside of the city center and walk in or take a train to SMN station and walk from there, about 2 miles to our hotel (both options would require lugging two huge bags, one with a handle that broke yesterday UGH!).
That being said, do you think we should cancel our trip to Florence? We have a train booked from Florence to Venice 9/27 and can probably change with a fee. We could add two extra days to our rental car or take a train somewhere. We have been to Amalfi, Rome, Cinque Terre, Lucca, and Tuscany. Thought maybe stay in Tuscany two more days or perhaps Como? Any thought would be greatly appreciated!!
HELP! Florence During Bike Race
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip on the Rhine
- 2 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 3 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 4 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 7 Paris in April?
- 8 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 9 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 10 Flam, Norway railway
- 11 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 12 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 13 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 14 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 15 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 16 Sicily Suggetions
- 17 He said , she said
- 18 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 19 car rental companies Italy
- 20 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 21 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 22 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 23 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 24 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 25 quiet hotel