I'm hoping you guys will be able to help us with our conundrum. We are supposed to stay in Florence 9/25-9/27 (currently in Tuscany with rental car) however it sounds like the bike race will be a huge damper on our plans.
Our hotel said many streets will be closed to pedestrians and all to cars. We would have to drop our rental off at the airport and either take a taxi to outside of the city center and walk in or take a train to SMN station and walk from there, about 2 miles to our hotel (both options would require lugging two huge bags, one with a handle that broke yesterday UGH!).
That being said, do you think we should cancel our trip to Florence? We have a train booked from Florence to Venice 9/27 and can probably change with a fee. We could add two extra days to our rental car or take a train somewhere. We have been to Amalfi, Rome, Cinque Terre, Lucca, and Tuscany. Thought maybe stay in Tuscany two more days or perhaps Como? Any thought would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 2 Venice
- 3 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 4 London 2For1 question
- 5 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 8 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 9 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 10 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 11 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 12 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 13 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 14 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 15 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 16 Porto and vicinity
- 17 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 18 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 19 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 20 Norway fjord
- 21 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 22 7 days in Greece
- 23 Italy
- 24 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 25 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk