I'm hoping you guys will be able to help us with our conundrum. We are supposed to stay in Florence 9/25-9/27 (currently in Tuscany with rental car) however it sounds like the bike race will be a huge damper on our plans.
Our hotel said many streets will be closed to pedestrians and all to cars. We would have to drop our rental off at the airport and either take a taxi to outside of the city center and walk in or take a train to SMN station and walk from there, about 2 miles to our hotel (both options would require lugging two huge bags, one with a handle that broke yesterday UGH!).
That being said, do you think we should cancel our trip to Florence? We have a train booked from Florence to Venice 9/27 and can probably change with a fee. We could add two extra days to our rental car or take a train somewhere. We have been to Amalfi, Rome, Cinque Terre, Lucca, and Tuscany. Thought maybe stay in Tuscany two more days or perhaps Como? Any thought would be greatly appreciated!!
HELP! Florence During Bike Race
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time to UK since 2001
- 2 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 3 Hotels that we found special
- 4 Art in Paris
- 5 Rental car while in Ireland
- 6 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 7 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 8 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 9 Too many Trip Reports
- 10 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 11 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 12 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 13 Great London Bars with a view
- 14 I dream of Europe
- 15 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 16 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 17 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 18 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 19 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 20 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 21 Reykjavik hotels
- 22 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 23 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 24 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 25 Sweden, Denmark, Norway