I'm hoping you guys will be able to help us with our conundrum. We are supposed to stay in Florence 9/25-9/27 (currently in Tuscany with rental car) however it sounds like the bike race will be a huge damper on our plans.
Our hotel said many streets will be closed to pedestrians and all to cars. We would have to drop our rental off at the airport and either take a taxi to outside of the city center and walk in or take a train to SMN station and walk from there, about 2 miles to our hotel (both options would require lugging two huge bags, one with a handle that broke yesterday UGH!).
That being said, do you think we should cancel our trip to Florence? We have a train booked from Florence to Venice 9/27 and can probably change with a fee. We could add two extra days to our rental car or take a train somewhere. We have been to Amalfi, Rome, Cinque Terre, Lucca, and Tuscany. Thought maybe stay in Tuscany two more days or perhaps Como? Any thought would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 2 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 3 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 4 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 5 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 6 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 7 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 8 Sentimental Journey
- 9 A few last minute questions
- 10 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 11 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 12 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 13 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 14 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 15 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 16 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 17 Stay away from EF Tours
- 18 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 19 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 20 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 21 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 22 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 23 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 24 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 25 Antwerp Tram