I'm hoping you guys will be able to help us with our conundrum. We are supposed to stay in Florence 9/25-9/27 (currently in Tuscany with rental car) however it sounds like the bike race will be a huge damper on our plans.
Our hotel said many streets will be closed to pedestrians and all to cars. We would have to drop our rental off at the airport and either take a taxi to outside of the city center and walk in or take a train to SMN station and walk from there, about 2 miles to our hotel (both options would require lugging two huge bags, one with a handle that broke yesterday UGH!).
That being said, do you think we should cancel our trip to Florence? We have a train booked from Florence to Venice 9/27 and can probably change with a fee. We could add two extra days to our rental car or take a train somewhere. We have been to Amalfi, Rome, Cinque Terre, Lucca, and Tuscany. Thought maybe stay in Tuscany two more days or perhaps Como? Any thought would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 2 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 3 Do not use MYIPB to ship from London
- 4 French restaurants
- 5 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 6 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 7 Scotland Trip
- 8 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 9 Croatia trip Planning
- 10 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 11 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 12 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 13 Planning a European Trip
- 14 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 15 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 16 Trains in Alps and UK
- 17 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 18 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 19 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 20 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 21 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 22 Germany in December Trip Report
- 23 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 24 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 25 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands