I'm hoping you guys will be able to help us with our conundrum. We are supposed to stay in Florence 9/25-9/27 (currently in Tuscany with rental car) however it sounds like the bike race will be a huge damper on our plans.
Our hotel said many streets will be closed to pedestrians and all to cars. We would have to drop our rental off at the airport and either take a taxi to outside of the city center and walk in or take a train to SMN station and walk from there, about 2 miles to our hotel (both options would require lugging two huge bags, one with a handle that broke yesterday UGH!).
That being said, do you think we should cancel our trip to Florence? We have a train booked from Florence to Venice 9/27 and can probably change with a fee. We could add two extra days to our rental car or take a train somewhere. We have been to Amalfi, Rome, Cinque Terre, Lucca, and Tuscany. Thought maybe stay in Tuscany two more days or perhaps Como? Any thought would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO PASSWORD RECOVERY CONTACT SUPPORT ☎ 1-888-482-3831 Technical CAre
- 2 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 3 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 4 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)
- 5 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 8 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 9 Edinbrugh
- 10 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 11 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 12 Maximizing Norway time
- 13 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 14 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 15 Hiking in Switzerland
- 16 Best layover option
- 17 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 18 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 19 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 20 Berlin
- 21 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 22 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 23 3 days solo in London
- 24 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 25 Summer Mountain Retreats