I'm hoping you guys will be able to help us with our conundrum. We are supposed to stay in Florence 9/25-9/27 (currently in Tuscany with rental car) however it sounds like the bike race will be a huge damper on our plans.
Our hotel said many streets will be closed to pedestrians and all to cars. We would have to drop our rental off at the airport and either take a taxi to outside of the city center and walk in or take a train to SMN station and walk from there, about 2 miles to our hotel (both options would require lugging two huge bags, one with a handle that broke yesterday UGH!).
That being said, do you think we should cancel our trip to Florence? We have a train booked from Florence to Venice 9/27 and can probably change with a fee. We could add two extra days to our rental car or take a train somewhere. We have been to Amalfi, Rome, Cinque Terre, Lucca, and Tuscany. Thought maybe stay in Tuscany two more days or perhaps Como? Any thought would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 3 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 4 One in Paris ... help
- 5 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 6 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 7 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 8 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 9 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 10 Dolomites October 14-18
- 11 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 12 http://www.healthcare24by7.org/gavali-advance-review/
- 13 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 14 Seville Itinerary
- 15 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 16 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 17 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 18 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 19 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 20 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 21 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 22 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 23 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 24 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 25 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?