I'm hoping you guys will be able to help us with our conundrum. We are supposed to stay in Florence 9/25-9/27 (currently in Tuscany with rental car) however it sounds like the bike race will be a huge damper on our plans.
Our hotel said many streets will be closed to pedestrians and all to cars. We would have to drop our rental off at the airport and either take a taxi to outside of the city center and walk in or take a train to SMN station and walk from there, about 2 miles to our hotel (both options would require lugging two huge bags, one with a handle that broke yesterday UGH!).
That being said, do you think we should cancel our trip to Florence? We have a train booked from Florence to Venice 9/27 and can probably change with a fee. We could add two extra days to our rental car or take a train somewhere. We have been to Amalfi, Rome, Cinque Terre, Lucca, and Tuscany. Thought maybe stay in Tuscany two more days or perhaps Como? Any thought would be greatly appreciated!!
HELP! Florence During Bike Race
- 1 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 2 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 3 London at Easter
- 4 7 days in Andalucia
- 5 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 6 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 7 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 10 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 11 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 12 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Advises for trip to Russia
- 15 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 16 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 17 Planning a holiday
- 18 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 19 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 20 Traveling within Italy
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 23 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 24 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 25 Madrid to Sevilla