I'm hoping you guys will be able to help us with our conundrum. We are supposed to stay in Florence 9/25-9/27 (currently in Tuscany with rental car) however it sounds like the bike race will be a huge damper on our plans.
Our hotel said many streets will be closed to pedestrians and all to cars. We would have to drop our rental off at the airport and either take a taxi to outside of the city center and walk in or take a train to SMN station and walk from there, about 2 miles to our hotel (both options would require lugging two huge bags, one with a handle that broke yesterday UGH!).
That being said, do you think we should cancel our trip to Florence? We have a train booked from Florence to Venice 9/27 and can probably change with a fee. We could add two extra days to our rental car or take a train somewhere. We have been to Amalfi, Rome, Cinque Terre, Lucca, and Tuscany. Thought maybe stay in Tuscany two more days or perhaps Como? Any thought would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 2 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 3 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 4 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 5 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 6 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 7 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 8 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 9 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 10 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 11 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 12 Croatia in 16 days
- 13 Day trips to Florence, Venice - Any Recommended Tour Companies
- 14 Stay away from EF Tours
- 15 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 16 Yummy Swiss bites
- 17 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 18 3 Wake-up calls
- 19 Lazing it in Lisbon; Notes and Rambling Thoughts from and Extended Stay
- 20 Switzerland in 8 days
- 21 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 22 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 23 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 24 EU Roaming charges / SIM card
- 25 Scotland Itinerary