My fiance and I are planning our first trip to Europe from Michigan. We will have about 10 days for travel. We are interested in outdoor adventure, great views, hiking, and yummy food! We don't have a large interest to do a lot of the 'must see' churches and museums more just looking for a unique, romantic Italian adventure! We are looking for a romantic trip since this is going to be a pre-wedding trip in place of a honeymoon. Right now I am thinking Fly into Venice-2 nights, travel to Ferarra-1 night (where my sister will be living), then I would like to spend the rest of the time in Tuscany visiting hill towns, vineyards, hot springs, and potentially Cinque Terre for a day trip-however I keep reading this might not be a possibility with our limited time. Thinking about flying out of Florence?
Please help with Itinerary- I welcome all tips and advice!!
What would be the best place to base ourselves out of to explore the Tuscan region of Italy?
What would be the recommended mode of transportation?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 2 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 3 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 4 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 5 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 6 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 7 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 8 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Sim Card Options
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 38 Days in Paris
- 13 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 14 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 Day trip ideas
- 17 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 18 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 19 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 20 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 21 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 22 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 23 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 24 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 25 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?