My fiance and I are planning our first trip to Europe from Michigan. We will have about 10 days for travel. We are interested in outdoor adventure, great views, hiking, and yummy food! We don't have a large interest to do a lot of the 'must see' churches and museums more just looking for a unique, romantic Italian adventure! We are looking for a romantic trip since this is going to be a pre-wedding trip in place of a honeymoon. Right now I am thinking Fly into Venice-2 nights, travel to Ferarra-1 night (where my sister will be living), then I would like to spend the rest of the time in Tuscany visiting hill towns, vineyards, hot springs, and potentially Cinque Terre for a day trip-however I keep reading this might not be a possibility with our limited time. Thinking about flying out of Florence?
Please help with Itinerary- I welcome all tips and advice!!
What would be the best place to base ourselves out of to explore the Tuscan region of Italy?
What would be the recommended mode of transportation?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had to choose one......
- 2 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 5 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 6 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 7 Sicily
- 8 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 9 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 10 car for four adults and four bikes
- 11 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 12 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 13 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 16 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 17 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 18 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 19 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 20 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 23 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Super Cover For Hertz