My fiance and I are planning our first trip to Europe from Michigan. We will have about 10 days for travel. We are interested in outdoor adventure, great views, hiking, and yummy food! We don't have a large interest to do a lot of the 'must see' churches and museums more just looking for a unique, romantic Italian adventure! We are looking for a romantic trip since this is going to be a pre-wedding trip in place of a honeymoon. Right now I am thinking Fly into Venice-2 nights, travel to Ferarra-1 night (where my sister will be living), then I would like to spend the rest of the time in Tuscany visiting hill towns, vineyards, hot springs, and potentially Cinque Terre for a day trip-however I keep reading this might not be a possibility with our limited time. Thinking about flying out of Florence?
Please help with Itinerary- I welcome all tips and advice!!
What would be the best place to base ourselves out of to explore the Tuscan region of Italy?
What would be the recommended mode of transportation?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 2 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 3 Happy birthday ATM
- 4 tickets for Wimbledon
- 5 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 10 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 11 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 12 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 13 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 14 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 15 BG/SLBC/MTN/DLC/LC FOR LEASE AND PURCHACE
- 16 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 17 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 20 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 21 Spain - day driver advice
- 22 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 23 London with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 25 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report