I have heard that Spain is a wonderful place to visit and enjoy their wines. I know that the recommended areas for a wine route vacation is Andalusia, Ribera del Duero and Rioja. What I would like to know is if these areas are similar to Tuscany, Alsace or Provence as far as scenic small villages, beautiful landscape and good restaurants. If someone could recommend an area that is enjoyable to meander through, I'd appreciate it. Also, where would be a good place to make our home base?
We would also like to fly to Portugal, so if you have any advice about where to stay in that country I'd love to hear it.
Just as an aside, I've already been to Madrid, San Sebastian and the Costa del Sol so I'd rather not repeat those areas. We would have 2 weeks to spend.
Thank you--this will help me jump-start my research.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 2 Switzerland itinerary help
- 3 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 4 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 5 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 6 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 7 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 8 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 9 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 10 Ballet Bolshoi
- 11 munich - day trips
- 12 I'm back.....
- 13 FAQs
- 14 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 15 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 16 Charles Degaulle question
- 17 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 18 Naples to Pompeii
- 19 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 20 Ireland in November
- 21 To europe this Aug
- 22 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 23 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 24 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 25 Layover Madrid Info Help