I have heard that Spain is a wonderful place to visit and enjoy their wines. I know that the recommended areas for a wine route vacation is Andalusia, Ribera del Duero and Rioja. What I would like to know is if these areas are similar to Tuscany, Alsace or Provence as far as scenic small villages, beautiful landscape and good restaurants. If someone could recommend an area that is enjoyable to meander through, I'd appreciate it. Also, where would be a good place to make our home base?
We would also like to fly to Portugal, so if you have any advice about where to stay in that country I'd love to hear it.
Just as an aside, I've already been to Madrid, San Sebastian and the Costa del Sol so I'd rather not repeat those areas. We would have 2 weeks to spend.
Thank you--this will help me jump-start my research.
Help Finding the Best Spanish Wine Route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence Hotel Location advice pls
- 2 Florence experts: need help with hotel, location and a 1 1/2 day visit
- 3 SHOULD I BRING A TRANSLATION PHRASE/DICTIONARY TO HUNGARY
- 4 Zip line near Fussen/Garmish Partenkirchen ?
- 5 Venice hotel: Select from the shortlist pls
- 6 Good base location around Florence
- 7 Visiting the Azores Islands (Portugal) LOVELY LOVELY Experiences
- 8 Best Paris hotels for three days
- 9 Around Europe in 40 days
- 10 Suggestions on greek islands!
- 11 Greece/Turkey - What would you do?
- 12 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 13 Taking the Scenic Route from Florence to Montepulciano
- 14 The new Paris zoo
- 15 Cinque Terre in early August: Nightmare or still worthwhile?
- 16 Zurich to Rhein Falls (and then boat on river)
- 17 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 18 Last minute restaurant suggestions in Portugal
- 19 Traffic ticket in Normandy
- 20 Euros to pay for a villa
- 21 Paris to Avignon by Train
- 22 Photographer and Family on a Driving Trip in Swiss Alps
- 23 Extended European travel
- 24 1 night on the Côte d'Azur
- 25 WHAT TO WEAR/BRING TO BUDAPEST IN EARLY OCTOBER