I have heard that Spain is a wonderful place to visit and enjoy their wines. I know that the recommended areas for a wine route vacation is Andalusia, Ribera del Duero and Rioja. What I would like to know is if these areas are similar to Tuscany, Alsace or Provence as far as scenic small villages, beautiful landscape and good restaurants. If someone could recommend an area that is enjoyable to meander through, I'd appreciate it. Also, where would be a good place to make our home base?
We would also like to fly to Portugal, so if you have any advice about where to stay in that country I'd love to hear it.
Just as an aside, I've already been to Madrid, San Sebastian and the Costa del Sol so I'd rather not repeat those areas. We would have 2 weeks to spend.
Thank you--this will help me jump-start my research.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 4 London Hotels
- 5 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 6 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 7 Brugge hotel help
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 Denmark or Sweden?
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Old European currency
- 13 Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 17 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 20 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 21 1 month in Europe
- 22 Paris hotels
- 23 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 24 10 days in Paris and......
- 25 Last minute (next week) London GTG?