I have heard that Spain is a wonderful place to visit and enjoy their wines. I know that the recommended areas for a wine route vacation is Andalusia, Ribera del Duero and Rioja. What I would like to know is if these areas are similar to Tuscany, Alsace or Provence as far as scenic small villages, beautiful landscape and good restaurants. If someone could recommend an area that is enjoyable to meander through, I'd appreciate it. Also, where would be a good place to make our home base?
We would also like to fly to Portugal, so if you have any advice about where to stay in that country I'd love to hear it.
Just as an aside, I've already been to Madrid, San Sebastian and the Costa del Sol so I'd rather not repeat those areas. We would have 2 weeks to spend.
Thank you--this will help me jump-start my research.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 2 Swiss Flex pass and half fare pass
- 3 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 4 Reykjavik Trip Report
- 5 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 6 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 7 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 8 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 9 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 10 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 11 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 12 Juangfrau / mt
- 13 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 14 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
- 15 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 16 Europe Itinerary
- 17 Help Choosing Castle Hotel in England
- 18 Which bus from Bratislava train station
- 19 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 20 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 21 England and Wales by public transport
- 22 Loire Valley itinerary
- 23 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 24 Germany train/bus question
- 25 Puglia, and a touch of Rome