I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 Apartments in Rome
- 5 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 6 Prague - must see
- 7 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 8 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 11 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 12 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 13 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 14 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 15 London for Christmas
- 16 " Egyptian German friendship Home"FREE for all German people in Germany
- 17 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 20 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 21 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 22 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 23 rent car / Munich
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 Anniversary Weekend in Paris