I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 2 Split to Venice. Help!
- 3 Switzerland - Trip for 8 days with 2 kids (5&3)
- 4 Dublin Hotel Choice
- 5 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 6 Best way to get to Italy from Greece of vice versa
- 7 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 8 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 9 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 10 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 11 best way to get to Italy from Greece
- 12 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 13 Tasting Cellars in Beaune
- 14 SIM cards in Italy,Germany, Austria, & Czech Republic
- 15 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 16 Top 5 choices from London
- 17 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 18 Day on the Rhine
- 19 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 20 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 21 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 22 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 23 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 24 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 25 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)