I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Here We Come
- 2 Ferrari Factory
- 3 Best new years?
- 4 Cheshire, England Hotelsq
- 5 Amalfi Coast in June
- 6 Rental Cars and paying the electronic tolls in Portugal
- 7 Where to go after Venice Italy?
- 8 Madrid & Barcelona Questions
- 9 Trouble in Istanbul or just precautions?
- 10 How to Spot an American in Europe
- 11 Paris (relax), Amboise, Loire (bicycle)
- 12 Rome, Florence, Venice
- 13 Barcelona - Am I the only one who wasn't blown away?
- 14 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 15 Paris dining-with teens
- 16 Paris GTG - October 21
- 17 First Weekend in Switzerland
- 18 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 19 Hanover, Germany, where to eat and stay
- 20 Exploring the neighbourhoods of Berlin
- 21 Fall 2015 Balkans Trip Report - Mostly Croatia & Slovenia
- 22 Tbilisi in Georgia, let yourself be charmed!
- 23 A romantic weekend in Paris with outstanding food!
- 24 Poblenou is the place to be in Barcelona!
- 25 Almería for 3 nights in January?