I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 2 Help with 2 for 1 offers in London
- 3 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 4 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 5 Help with Madrid Location
- 6 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 7 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 8 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 9 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 10 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 11 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 12 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 13 Nice cafe near or in Milano Centrale Station
- 14 Italy and Greece
- 15 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 16 Please help with itinerary...
- 17 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 18 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 19 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 20 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 21 ITALY
- 22 2 Days in Rome
- 23 Globus Tours
- 24 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 25 Royal Opera House question?