I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Worst Experience During My Holiday In Europe
- 2 Berlin insurance questions
- 3 bbc radio 4 visits Fleetwood near Blackpool
- 4 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 5 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 6 France for Six Weeks
- 7 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 8 Where to stay in Barcelona during La Merce?
- 9 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 10 Can you please critique my ring road plan?
- 11 which basque wine TXAKOLINA wineries bodegas to visit from san sebastian?
- 12 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 13 ROME JEWISH GHETTO - directions needed
- 14 explore Italy on a budget
- 15 Vienna Favorites
- 16 3-week itinerary - Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia - too ambitious?
- 17 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 18 10 Days trip to Europe
- 19 Cochem or Beilstein
- 20 Thann, Alsace - Eye of the Witch
- 21 Finally, Norway Itin - please critique & advise
- 22 Need advice on transportation
- 23 Best of Stockholm in 3 Days
- 24 3 days Venice to Paris
- 25 Czech Republic and East Germany itinerary