I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 2 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 3 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 4 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 5 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 6 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 7 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 8 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 9 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 10 Easter holidays in Spain, loved it!
- 11 Norway in June with parents.
- 12 Seaplane service
- 13 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 14 Liverpool to London
- 15 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 16 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 17 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 18 Melissa5 in SWITZERLAND: A Riot of Wildflowers - Berner Oberland June 2010
- 19 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 20 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 21 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 22 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 23 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 24 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 25 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?