I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin Trip Report
- 2 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 3 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 4 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 5 2 month backpacking though europe
- 6 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 7 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 8 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 9 Traveling to Bordeaux
- 10 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 11 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 12 Looking for add on city
- 13 Peugeot 107--will my luggage be visible?
- 14 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 15 Conference trip to Netherlands; help me plan free time afterward
- 16 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 17 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 18 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 19 Has anyone traveled on Thalys without a "ticketless" barcode confirmation?
- 20 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 21 FAMILY VACATION, BERLIN.
- 22 Pre-paid Visa?
- 23 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 24 Traveling to Italy--Rome, Venice with teens
- 25 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!