I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Marais, Montmartre and fairies wheel
- 2 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 3 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 4 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 6 How much luggage?????
- 7 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 8 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 9 Advice for returning rental car to Florence airport
- 10 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 11 Terrorism in Europe
- 12 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 13 London GTG late September?
- 14 From Seville to Faro, Portugal and back to Seville on a rental car
- 15 eateries in Puglia
- 16 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 17 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 18 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 19 100 years of French gratitude
- 20 Need help with itinerary
- 21 Bringing Wine Home From France
- 22 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 23 Help with France itinerary
- 24 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 25 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?