I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 2 Porto area, sights, day trips, areas to stay?
- 3 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 4 Raining in rome
- 5 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 6 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 7 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 8 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 9 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 10 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 11 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 12 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 13 İstanbul Travel guide
- 14 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 15 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 16 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 17 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 18 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 19 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 20 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 21 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 22 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 23 Italian Lakes
- 24 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 25 Amsterdam and An Amputee