I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 2 sim card
- 3 Plan Italy trip
- 4 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 5 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 6 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 7 apartments florence
- 8 Cell phones in France and England
- 9 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 10 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 11 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 12 Florence, Italy
- 13 Italy trains question
- 14 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 15 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 16 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 17 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 18 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 19 FCO connection time
- 20 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 21 Slovania & Croatia
- 22 Layover Madrid Info Help
- 23 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 24 Train rides
- 25 Departure Tax in UK