I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reims for a day
- 2 Munich with a car?
- 3 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 4 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 5 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 6 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 7 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 8 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 9 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 10 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 11 poland to switzerland
- 12 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 13 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 14 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 15 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 16 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 17 Day trip on the Rhine
- 18 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 19 Toulouse and beyond -
- 20 One week in Venice - trips
- 21 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 22 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 23 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 24 UK for 12 days !
- 25 Estonia Amber