I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 2 5 day s in Belgrade
- 3 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 4 Travel WiFi - France
- 5 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 6 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 7 Gelato course in Rome?
- 8 Seville in late January
- 9 Italy for the first time
- 10 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 11 Drinks in Spain
- 12 RFID Protection
- 13 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 14 Berlin restaurant recs
- 15 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 16 Beaches in Southern France
- 17 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 18 Norfolk base
- 19 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 20 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 21 3 days to spend in europe
- 22 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 23 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 24 12 days europe
- 25 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!