I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 2 Scotland
- 3 Estonia Amber
- 4 7 days in Greece
- 5 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 6 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 7 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 8 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 9 Reims for a day
- 10 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 11 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 12 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 13 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 14 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 15 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 16 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 17 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 18 Toulouse and beyond -
- 19 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 20 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 21 Vienna highlights
- 22 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 23 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 24 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 25 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside