I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Under Seige...
- 2 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 3 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 4 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 5 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 6 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 7 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 8 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 9 Global Travel Warning...
- 10 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 11 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 12 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 14 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 15 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 16 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 17 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 18 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 19 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 20 Liberty print dresses in London?
- 21 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 22 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 23 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 24 Private transportation
- 25 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome