I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 2 Southwestern England
- 3 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 4 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 5 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 6 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 7 Look for Itinerary Advice- Athens, Spetses, Hydra, Naxos, Santorini
- 8 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 9 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 10 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 11 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 12 Drone video of the north of the Netherlands
- 13 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 14 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 15 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 16 Berlin: evening dining
- 17 bicycling garmisch oberammergau fussen
- 18 10-day Europe Trip (5-15June)
- 19 Immigration Procedures
- 20 In Paris on my own
- 21 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 22 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 23 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 24 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 25 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs