I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 2 London is it worth it?
- 3 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 4 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 5 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 6 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 7 Montserrat Express
- 8 London in Winter Report
- 9 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 10 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 11 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 12 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 13 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 14 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 15 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 16 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 17 International drivers permit
- 18 Places to stop/stay?
- 19 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 20 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 21 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 22 ATM help
- 23 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 24 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 25 Visit to Sardinia