I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 2 Theater in London
- 3 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 4 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 5 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 6 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 7 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 8 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 9 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 10 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 11 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 12 Trip Report: What can you say about Greece?
- 13 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 14 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 15 Advise for travelling to Eastern Europe(including Balkans)
- 16 Trip Report & Tips for Greece (Nafplio, Santorini, Naxos, & Athens)
- 17 Balkan Tour Operators?
- 18 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 19 Visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges
- 20 tuscany wine tours and transfers
- 21 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 22 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 23 December honeymoon in Europe
- 24 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 25 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls