I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
- 1 Odessa--7 km bazaar
- 2 Phone in europe
- 3 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 4 Ghent Alterpiece Moved?
- 5 HELP stuck in Italy
- 6 What the heck- purchased italian train tickets for wrong date!
- 7 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 8 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 9 I Need To Vent!
- 10 Help with itenerary
- 11 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 12 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 13 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 14 jungfraujoch mid june
- 15 Turkey to Greece: Rental Car ?s
- 16 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 17 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 18 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 19 Balloon rides in Swiss
- 20 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 21 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 22 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 23 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 24 Munich Hotels near train station downtown
- 25 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?