I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget for 3 Month's
- 2 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 3 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 4 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 5 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 6 Small group for Colosseum
- 7 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 8 Madrid and London
- 9 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 10 London visit
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 13 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 14 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 21 Days in Central Europe
- 17 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 18 Lofoten ferry
- 19 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 20 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 21 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 22 Italian cooking classes
- 23 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 24 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 25 Fjords, How To?