I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 2 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 3 Paris to Annecy by Train
- 4 Hey Fodor's
- 5 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 6 France in December 2014
- 7 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 8 Europe Itinerary
- 9 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 10 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 11 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 12 Jewelry
- 13 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 14 Olive Oil
- 15 We have no idea where to go!
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 18 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 19 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 20 Fantastic 3Days adventure trip in Kenya for only Usd 280 (for the 3days)
- 21 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 22 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 23 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 24 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 25 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival