I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 at what point should one get health insurance
- 2 4 Months in Europe
- 3 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 4 Tipping in the UK
- 5 Paris: Picasso Museum reopens, Finally
- 6 floods in Andalucia
- 7 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 8 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 9 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 10 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 11 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 12 Tour Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland On Line (Video + Stills)
- 13 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 14 Spain in November
- 15 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport
- 16 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 17 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 18 Dubai to St. Juery France to Schaffhausen Switzerland
- 19 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 20 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 21 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 22 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 23 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 24 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 25 France in October