I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 2 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 3 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 4 3 weeks in Europe
- 5 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 6 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 7 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 8 Ireland Southwest
- 9 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 10 Monet in Normandy
- 11 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 12 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 13 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 14 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 15 Matisse at Tate
- 16 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 17 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 18 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 19 Madrid and London
- 20 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 21 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 22 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 23 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 24 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?