I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
- 1 Limo service from Madrid Barajas Airport
- 2 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 3 What is the best food in France?
- 4 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 5 Best area for wine and which one?
- 6 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 7 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 8 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 9 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 10 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 11 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 12 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 13 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 14 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 15 Which tour company would be best?
- 16 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 17 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 18 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 19 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 20 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 21 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 22 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 23 Has anyone attended the Landshut Wedding of 1475 celebration?
- 24 ATMs in Prague, Vienna for Bank of America?
- 25 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)