I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
- 1 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 2 Traveling within Italy
- 3 Which travel plan?
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 first european holiday itinery
- 6 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 7 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 8 Travel by train or bus
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 11 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 Florence in October
- 14 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 15 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 20 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 24 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 25 Where to stay in Copenhagen