I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 모집 囍囍 [카톡 아이디: vs486 ☜텔레그램: vs486]
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 4 One free day in Barcelona
- 5 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 6 PARIS
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Spain: train/rental car help
- 9 Berlin
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 12 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 13 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 18 Sicily help
- 19 Athens Help
- 20 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 21 "Too Much Cows"
- 22 Bordeaux to Nice
- 23 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 24 Thinking about the Fjords
- 25 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)