I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 2 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 3 "Doors of Italy", a free screensaver
- 4 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 5 From London to Paris to US
- 6 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 7 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 8 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 9 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 10 Manchester on derby weekend
- 11 Naples or Genoa
- 12 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 13 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 14 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 15 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 16 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 17 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 Itinerary help please!
- 20 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 21 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 22 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 23 France to stop making foie grois
- 24 Holiday Itinerary
- 25 Car hire