Hello Fodors Friends,
I am in the process of researching hotels in Paris for this summer. My 12 year old daughter and I are spending a week in Paris together before meeting my husband in Provence for a family wedding. I am looking for a hotel with the following criteria:
around 200 Euros (or less) per night
I prefer the boutique type hotel
safe area with lots of restaurant/cafe choices nearby
lots of charm
fairly close to a Metro station
As for area, I have been concentrating my search in the Marais and St. Germain de Pres areas. I am open to other areas, but want to be in an excellent location with lots to see, do and eat within walking distance.
The hotels I am considering so far are:
Hotel le Petit Paris
Hotel les Fontaines du Luxembourg
Hotel Odeon St. Germain
Hotel Saint - Louis en L'Isle
Hotel des Deux-Iles
Hotel du Petit Moulin
Have any of you stayed at these hotels, and if so, what do you think? Do you think I should look at other areas or stick with Marais and/or St. Germain de Pres?
Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 2 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 3 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 4 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 5 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Whistle stop family road trip
- 8 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 9 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 10 Scotland itinerary advice
- 11 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 12 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 13 Night Bus?
- 14 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 15 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 16 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 17 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 18 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 19 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 21 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 22 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 23 Help with tips in UK
- 24 Positano Hotel in September
- 25 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
Hello Fodors Friends,