Hello Fodors Friends,
I am in the process of researching hotels in Paris for this summer. My 12 year old daughter and I are spending a week in Paris together before meeting my husband in Provence for a family wedding. I am looking for a hotel with the following criteria:
around 200 Euros (or less) per night
I prefer the boutique type hotel
safe area with lots of restaurant/cafe choices nearby
lots of charm
fairly close to a Metro station
As for area, I have been concentrating my search in the Marais and St. Germain de Pres areas. I am open to other areas, but want to be in an excellent location with lots to see, do and eat within walking distance.
The hotels I am considering so far are:
Hotel le Petit Paris
Hotel les Fontaines du Luxembourg
Hotel Odeon St. Germain
Hotel Saint - Louis en L'Isle
Hotel des Deux-Iles
Hotel du Petit Moulin
Have any of you stayed at these hotels, and if so, what do you think? Do you think I should look at other areas or stick with Marais and/or St. Germain de Pres?
Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.
Help choosing Paris Hotel
Hello Fodors Friends,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 2 Reims for a day
- 3 Munich with a car?
- 4 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 5 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 6 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 7 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 8 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 9 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 10 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 11 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 12 poland to switzerland
- 13 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 14 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 15 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 16 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 17 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 18 Day trip on the Rhine
- 19 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 One week in Venice - trips
- 22 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 23 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 24 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 25 UK for 12 days !