Hello Fodors Friends,
I am in the process of researching hotels in Paris for this summer. My 12 year old daughter and I are spending a week in Paris together before meeting my husband in Provence for a family wedding. I am looking for a hotel with the following criteria:
around 200 Euros (or less) per night
I prefer the boutique type hotel
safe area with lots of restaurant/cafe choices nearby
lots of charm
fairly close to a Metro station
As for area, I have been concentrating my search in the Marais and St. Germain de Pres areas. I am open to other areas, but want to be in an excellent location with lots to see, do and eat within walking distance.
The hotels I am considering so far are:
Hotel le Petit Paris
Hotel les Fontaines du Luxembourg
Hotel Odeon St. Germain
Hotel Saint - Louis en L'Isle
Hotel des Deux-Iles
Hotel du Petit Moulin
Have any of you stayed at these hotels, and if so, what do you think? Do you think I should look at other areas or stick with Marais and/or St. Germain de Pres?
Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 Things to do in Brussels
- 7 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 8 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 11 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 12 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 13 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 14 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 15 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 16 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 17 38 Days in Paris
- 18 Naxos car rental
- 19 Greek Islands (small)
- 20 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 21 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 22 Short Trip in July
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 25 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
Hello Fodors Friends,