My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Switzerland April 27-May 4, 2011. We both love being in the countryside (not big city people), hiking, castles, adventure sports, etc. We would like to see as much as possible in this limited time, but have read that it is best to have two bases. We are definitely planning three days in the Berner Oberland area. I've read in other posts that some cogwheel trains are going to be closed from the 25th-30th. Due to this reason I'm thinking we should do the Berner Oberland area last. Which leads me to the question of where our second base should be. My first thought is Vevey (interested in Château de Chillon), but not sure what else would be best for us to see in that area. Our other thought based on reading other posts, and Rick Steves is Lucerne. Any thoughts you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated!
Help choosing our two base areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 2 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 3 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 6 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 7 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 8 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 9 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 10 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 11 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 12 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 13 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 14 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 15 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 16 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 17 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 18 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 19 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 20 Food tours in Rome?
- 21 Rome Food Tour
- 22 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 23 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 24 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 25 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice