My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Switzerland April 27-May 4, 2011. We both love being in the countryside (not big city people), hiking, castles, adventure sports, etc. We would like to see as much as possible in this limited time, but have read that it is best to have two bases. We are definitely planning three days in the Berner Oberland area. I've read in other posts that some cogwheel trains are going to be closed from the 25th-30th. Due to this reason I'm thinking we should do the Berner Oberland area last. Which leads me to the question of where our second base should be. My first thought is Vevey (interested in Château de Chillon), but not sure what else would be best for us to see in that area. Our other thought based on reading other posts, and Rick Steves is Lucerne. Any thoughts you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated!
Help choosing our two base areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 2 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 3 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 4 travel to western Europe from India
- 5 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 6 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 7 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 8 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 9 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 10 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 11 Moroccan food in Paris
- 12 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 13 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 14 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 15 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 16 Bike touring in France
- 17 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 18 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 19 Does this sound feasible?
- 20 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 21 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 22 Mama Mia Italy!
- 23 Ireland driving vacation
- 24 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 25 Late night train from Prague