My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Switzerland April 27-May 4, 2011. We both love being in the countryside (not big city people), hiking, castles, adventure sports, etc. We would like to see as much as possible in this limited time, but have read that it is best to have two bases. We are definitely planning three days in the Berner Oberland area. I've read in other posts that some cogwheel trains are going to be closed from the 25th-30th. Due to this reason I'm thinking we should do the Berner Oberland area last. Which leads me to the question of where our second base should be. My first thought is Vevey (interested in Château de Chillon), but not sure what else would be best for us to see in that area. Our other thought based on reading other posts, and Rick Steves is Lucerne. Any thoughts you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated!
Help choosing our two base areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best london location to stay?
- 2 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 3 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 4 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 5 Passport stamp in the UK
- 6 Ireland itinerary and accommodations advice?
- 7 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 8 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 9 What's your suggestion ????
- 10 Germany and Switzerland
- 11 SFO - CDG RT$769 ! Jump on it
- 12 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 13 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 14 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 15 Three 3 Day weekends in Ireland!
- 16 Sleeper Coaches Tickets from Krakow to Budapest -- Cheap Sparnight fares
- 17 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 18 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 19 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 20 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 21 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 22 Rauma Train and the Atlantic Ocean Rd worth visiting?
- 23 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 24 Scotland and northern England
- 25 I Have 7 Days for a Portugal DIY