We are young senior citizens torn between staying at a B&B in the Ballintoy area or Portrush on the first leg of a 15-day trip. Ballycastle/Ballintoy seems much quieter than Portush and we wonder how long it will take us to get to and from dinner and what the level of driving difficulty might be in the dark (early September trip). We are thinking of staying in the area for two or three nights before moving on to northwestern Ireland. While there we want to see Giant's Causeway, walk the bridge, perhaps picnic in a scenic area area we've read of but can't remember the name just now, do some walking, and do the Bushmill's tour. Can someone who has been there or lives there give us an overview of these two areas? Specific 4-5 star B&B or small hotel recommendations are welcome.
Help choosing lodging on Antrim coast area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 2 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 3 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 4 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 5 Budget for 3 Month's
- 6 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 7 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 8 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 9 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 10 Small group for Colosseum
- 11 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 12 Madrid and London
- 13 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 14 London visit
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 17 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 18 21 Days in Central Europe
- 19 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 20 Lofoten ferry
- 21 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 22 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 23 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 24 Italian cooking classes
- 25 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March