We are young senior citizens torn between staying at a B&B in the Ballintoy area or Portrush on the first leg of a 15-day trip. Ballycastle/Ballintoy seems much quieter than Portush and we wonder how long it will take us to get to and from dinner and what the level of driving difficulty might be in the dark (early September trip). We are thinking of staying in the area for two or three nights before moving on to northwestern Ireland. While there we want to see Giant's Causeway, walk the bridge, perhaps picnic in a scenic area area we've read of but can't remember the name just now, do some walking, and do the Bushmill's tour. Can someone who has been there or lives there give us an overview of these two areas? Specific 4-5 star B&B or small hotel recommendations are welcome.
Help choosing lodging on Antrim coast area
View all Europe activity »
- 1 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 2 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 3 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 7 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 10 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 11 banger rally around europe?
- 12 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 13 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 20 Trip around Spain
- 21 Trieste as a day trip?
- 22 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 23 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 24 Spain - Andalucia
- 25 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich