The winter blues have set in and I need to book a holiday! We tend to go to Greece every second year, so it's time for a Greek holiday. We were initially looking at Rhodes, but with apologies to Rubicund and Stevelyon who already chimed in with suggestions on Rhodes, we couldn't quite get Rhodes to work and are considering a different Greek island now.
We want to visit an island we haven't been to already, and which can be reached by plane from Athens, and have compiled this shortlist:
- Tinos (I am a bit dubious about Tinos but leaving it on the list in case I am missing something)
We are a couple with a 9-year old daughter. We'll want to stay somewhere with a swimming pool, and beyond that we are not fussy on the accommodation side.
In terms of timing, we will have 2 weeks. We will want to split that among 2 destinations, either on the same island or on 2 different islands (e.g. if Skiathos is too small for a 2-centre holiday, we could pair Skiathos with Alonissos).
This is our summer break and our focus will be on relaxing. What we want is a town or village by the sea, with plenty of restaurants/tavernas and a nice atmosphere. Some places we have loved in Greece (to give you an idea of the kind of place we like) are:
- Naoussa in Paros
- Naxos town
- Kalymnos town
If you have any views on your favourite island from the list above (Syros/Skiathos/Chios/Tinos), and why, I would love to hear from you.
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 2For1 question
- 2 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 3 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 4 Fastest travel from Malpensa to Port of Genoa
- 5 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 6 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 7 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 8 7 days in Greece
- 9 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Venice
- 12 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 13 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 14 Another Book List for Italy
- 15 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 16 Last night in Sweden
- 17 Best Itinerary for 15 Days?
- 18 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 19 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 20 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 21 charming cities in Spain
- 22 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 24 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Itinerary Help for Portugal