The winter blues have set in and I need to book a holiday! We tend to go to Greece every second year, so it's time for a Greek holiday. We were initially looking at Rhodes, but with apologies to Rubicund and Stevelyon who already chimed in with suggestions on Rhodes, we couldn't quite get Rhodes to work and are considering a different Greek island now.
We want to visit an island we haven't been to already, and which can be reached by plane from Athens, and have compiled this shortlist:
- Tinos (I am a bit dubious about Tinos but leaving it on the list in case I am missing something)
We are a couple with a 9-year old daughter. We'll want to stay somewhere with a swimming pool, and beyond that we are not fussy on the accommodation side.
In terms of timing, we will have 2 weeks. We will want to split that among 2 destinations, either on the same island or on 2 different islands (e.g. if Skiathos is too small for a 2-centre holiday, we could pair Skiathos with Alonissos).
This is our summer break and our focus will be on relaxing. What we want is a town or village by the sea, with plenty of restaurants/tavernas and a nice atmosphere. Some places we have loved in Greece (to give you an idea of the kind of place we like) are:
- Naoussa in Paros
- Naxos town
- Kalymnos town
If you have any views on your favourite island from the list above (Syros/Skiathos/Chios/Tinos), and why, I would love to hear from you.
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 4 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 Uber vs. TfL
- 8 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 9 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 10 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 11 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 15 celticmoon, a quick question
- 16 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 What fresh hell is this?
- 19 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 20 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 21 Which Train Station in Venice
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 23 Greek Village
- 24 Berlin
- 25 Bordeaux to Nice