I'm currently about 3 months out from my first long (30 days) backpacking trip in Europe. Actually, it's my first time backpacking period. I should probably specify that by backpacking, I mean that I'll only be taking a single, carry-on sized backpack. So far, I've narrowed it down to about 4 packs, but reviews on a couple of the bags are few and far between, while the reviews on some of the other bags seem somewhat biased. I'm just wondering if anybody has any experience with the bags, or has a better understanding of what to look for in the reviews on them, and give a more concise, relevant opinion about them.
The bags I'm currently considering are:
1) Pacsafe Venturesafe 45l GII (love the clean, minimalist aesthetics, size, and security features)
2) Arc'teryx Covert Case C/O (similar to the one above, but lacks the security features and waist belt)
3) Tortuga V2(heard really good things about this one, but it seems bulky(wide) and looks to have too many extra pockets)
4) Minaal Travel Backpack(a little on the smaller side, but seems to have a smart design and again, love the minimalist look)
Also, I'd like some general advice on travel within Europe. I spent about 2 weeks in Italy about 2 years ago, but that was in a completely different situation, in terms of the type of trip that it was. I'm finding it hard to research and plan for this trip, just because the scope of it is so large, and I'm not really sure where to start. The intent of the trip is to basically see as many different places within Europe, so that I end up with a better idea of the places that I'd like to explore on future trips. I'll list my itinerary as it stands below.
Flying into Amsterdam, Netherlands(2-3 days)
Brussels, Belgium(2-3 days)
Paris, France(2-3 days)
Interlaken, Switzerland(2-3 days)
Venice, Italy(2-3 days)
Vienna, Austria(2-3 days)
Budapest, Hungary(2-3 days)
Prague, Czech Republic(2-3 days)
Berlin, Germany(2-3 days)
Coppenhagen, Denmark(2-3 days)
Stockholm, Sweden(2-3 days)
Flying out of Oslo, Norway(2-3 days)
The plan is to stay 2 days in each of these main locations , which would leave me about 5 flexible days for possible day trips/ the addition of another location or two. I'm also planning on taking as many night trains as possible to cut down on wasted travel time, as well as save some money on accommodations.
Anyway, any advice and/or suggestions are much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 릴게임 바다이야기 ▣ 홈피:≫vtk15.com≪
- 2 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 5 릴게임총판 ≪접속주소 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 6 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 7 10 days in Paris and......
- 8 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 9 LIsbon
- 10 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 11 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 12 London Hotels
- 13 Iceland in 7 days.
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 16 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 17 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 18 Luggage Storage
- 19 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Paris hotels
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 24 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 25 Intercity Notte training boarding time