Hi, I need your help/advice:
We recently got back from honeymoon in Corsica (South of France). Lovely country but first time driving abroad and I was grossly unprepared for the changing and unsigned speed limits... Managed to irritate quite a lot of other motorists during our stay by driving slower than they would like but still managed to get 'flashed' on our last day at 6am on way to airport
Naturally quite embarrassed but I now have a dilemma - I received a letter from the rental company stating I was caught speeding and that they have imposed a 25 euro fine for admin which has come off my credit card, with it they also included what I assumed was a copy of the speeding ticket ("avis de contravention") but as my French is worse than basic I'm not 100% sure. Ive tried free translation sites without much sucess.
I tried visiting the site (www.antai.fr) on the ticket (?) and stumbled through (only in French) until I found online payment which was a relief as it was in English (www.amendes.gouv.fr). My problem is that it asks for an epayment number which is not on my paperwork. The site says it may be on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd page but I only have 1 page (and it looks like a photocopy).
I want to pay but dont know how.
Also the ticket was issued on the 2/10/12 (d/m/y for american viewers) but rental company didnt post this to me until 23/10/12 so does this mean I can no longer pay the reduced fine of 45 Euros? (25 Euros to take 3 weeks to forward half a letter? what a rip off...)
Should the French Police send me a 'request to pay' separately?
What if it comes after the 45 days? (which is now far too close for comfort)
Please help me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 2 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 3 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 4 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 5 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 6 4 days in switzerland
- 7 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 8 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 9 European Cooking Secrets
- 10 Basque country ideas
- 11 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 12 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 13 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 14 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 15 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 16 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 17 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 18 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 19 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 20 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 21 First trip to Italy
- 22 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 23 Travel vs. Babies
- 24 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 25 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
Hi, I need your help/advice: