Hi, I need your help/advice:
We recently got back from honeymoon in Corsica (South of France). Lovely country but first time driving abroad and I was grossly unprepared for the changing and unsigned speed limits... Managed to irritate quite a lot of other motorists during our stay by driving slower than they would like but still managed to get 'flashed' on our last day at 6am on way to airport
Naturally quite embarrassed but I now have a dilemma - I received a letter from the rental company stating I was caught speeding and that they have imposed a 25 euro fine for admin which has come off my credit card, with it they also included what I assumed was a copy of the speeding ticket ("avis de contravention") but as my French is worse than basic I'm not 100% sure. Ive tried free translation sites without much sucess.
I tried visiting the site (www.antai.fr) on the ticket (?) and stumbled through (only in French) until I found online payment which was a relief as it was in English (www.amendes.gouv.fr). My problem is that it asks for an epayment number which is not on my paperwork. The site says it may be on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd page but I only have 1 page (and it looks like a photocopy).
I want to pay but dont know how.
Also the ticket was issued on the 2/10/12 (d/m/y for american viewers) but rental company didnt post this to me until 23/10/12 so does this mean I can no longer pay the reduced fine of 45 Euros? (25 Euros to take 3 weeks to forward half a letter? what a rip off...)
Should the French Police send me a 'request to pay' separately?
What if it comes after the 45 days? (which is now far too close for comfort)
Please help me!
Help - caught speeding & unable to pay (not unwilling)
Hi, I need your help/advice:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 3 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 4 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 5 7 days in Greece
- 6 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 7 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 London hotel
- 10 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 11 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 12 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 15 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 16 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 17 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 18 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 19 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 20 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 21 Paris in April?
- 22 Prague - Tram #22
- 23 car rental companies Italy
- 24 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 25 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions