My husband and I decided when we got married that we would go to Europe for our 10th wedding anniversary. Instead we are going for our 9th anniversary this July (just works better for us). We need your HELP. First we may opt to do a tour with a company (I know cheesy but to see as much as we want it may be nicer to have all our hotels and transportation planned out for us) or we may get a rail pass and just go for it. We have 16 days including flight time- so 14 travel days. The tour company itinerary: London (2 nights), Amsterdam (3 nights), Paris (2 nights), Lucerne Switzerland (2 nights), French Rivera (2 nights), Barcelona (2 nights) Depart from Barcelona. I know the general creed is: stay longer in each city. But it's our first trip to Europe (who knows if there'll be another one?) so I would really like to see all the places I dreamed about in one shot. Putting all our eggs in one trip basket. If we do our own it will be London (3 nights), Belgium ( 1 night) , Amsterdam (2 nights), German Rhine River Valley ( 1 night) , Austria ( 1 night), Venice (1 night), Switzerland ( 2 night) to Paris ( 3 nights). If we go for it on our own we are debating the rail pass...its about $625 per person for 15 days and from what I researched a car rental including gas might be a bit cheaper but I'm not a huge road trip person. I like the idea that my hubby won't have to stress about driving in unfamiliar areas if we travel by rail and we can sleep/nap if we want. The one draw back is that we are limited in that we will have to stay in city centers, lug our luggage and won't be able to get to outlying sights and drive a short distance where hotels are cheaper. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 2 Where to enjoy Paris
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Paris day trips August
- 5 Athens
- 6 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 9 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 10 Transportation from Brno train station
- 11 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 12 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 13 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 16 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 17 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 18 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 19 We're here!
- 20 10 days in Paris and......
- 21 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 22 Moving to Italy
- 23 Sardinia-too busy early/mid July??
- 24 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 25 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
Help: Car or train to tour multiple countries? Organized tour or DIY