My husband and I decided when we got married that we would go to Europe for our 10th wedding anniversary. Instead we are going for our 9th anniversary this July (just works better for us). We need your HELP. First we may opt to do a tour with a company (I know cheesy but to see as much as we want it may be nicer to have all our hotels and transportation planned out for us) or we may get a rail pass and just go for it. We have 16 days including flight time- so 14 travel days. The tour company itinerary: London (2 nights), Amsterdam (3 nights), Paris (2 nights), Lucerne Switzerland (2 nights), French Rivera (2 nights), Barcelona (2 nights) Depart from Barcelona. I know the general creed is: stay longer in each city. But it's our first trip to Europe (who knows if there'll be another one?) so I would really like to see all the places I dreamed about in one shot. Putting all our eggs in one trip basket. If we do our own it will be London (3 nights), Belgium ( 1 night) , Amsterdam (2 nights), German Rhine River Valley ( 1 night) , Austria ( 1 night), Venice (1 night), Switzerland ( 2 night) to Paris ( 3 nights). If we go for it on our own we are debating the rail pass...its about $625 per person for 15 days and from what I researched a car rental including gas might be a bit cheaper but I'm not a huge road trip person. I like the idea that my hubby won't have to stress about driving in unfamiliar areas if we travel by rail and we can sleep/nap if we want. The one draw back is that we are limited in that we will have to stay in city centers, lug our luggage and won't be able to get to outlying sights and drive a short distance where hotels are cheaper. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 로얄카지노•• 艺━┫＼【 WLD333.cℴm 】＼┣━••艺 로얄카지노
- 2 Best location for hotel in Milan for 2 nights
- 3 Italy Itinerary for 8 days
- 4 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 5 Alsace Accommodations
- 6 tipping
- 7 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 8 Man U Scrimmage Games Late July/EarlyAugust?
- 9 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 10 Iternary Help - London + ? without car
- 11 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 12 Advice about Naples?
- 13 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 14 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 15 itinerary Help? 2 weeks in Scandinavia
- 16 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 17 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 18 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 19 Tips question
- 20 Still another Provence Provence advice request
- 21 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 22 Can I drive in Europe with a US license?
- 23 Itinerary help - Sweden and Norway (June-July)
- 24 When neurotic people plan vacations
- 25 CDG airport, 2 tickets
Help: Car or train to tour multiple countries? Organized tour or DIY