My husband and I decided when we got married that we would go to Europe for our 10th wedding anniversary. Instead we are going for our 9th anniversary this July (just works better for us). We need your HELP. First we may opt to do a tour with a company (I know cheesy but to see as much as we want it may be nicer to have all our hotels and transportation planned out for us) or we may get a rail pass and just go for it. We have 16 days including flight time- so 14 travel days. The tour company itinerary: London (2 nights), Amsterdam (3 nights), Paris (2 nights), Lucerne Switzerland (2 nights), French Rivera (2 nights), Barcelona (2 nights) Depart from Barcelona. I know the general creed is: stay longer in each city. But it's our first trip to Europe (who knows if there'll be another one?) so I would really like to see all the places I dreamed about in one shot. Putting all our eggs in one trip basket. If we do our own it will be London (3 nights), Belgium ( 1 night) , Amsterdam (2 nights), German Rhine River Valley ( 1 night) , Austria ( 1 night), Venice (1 night), Switzerland ( 2 night) to Paris ( 3 nights). If we go for it on our own we are debating the rail pass...its about $625 per person for 15 days and from what I researched a car rental including gas might be a bit cheaper but I'm not a huge road trip person. I like the idea that my hubby won't have to stress about driving in unfamiliar areas if we travel by rail and we can sleep/nap if we want. The one draw back is that we are limited in that we will have to stay in city centers, lug our luggage and won't be able to get to outlying sights and drive a short distance where hotels are cheaper. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 2 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 3 Global Travel Warning...
- 4 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 5 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 Morning in paris
- 8 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 9 Advices about our itiniary
- 10 Balkans Itinerary
- 11 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 12 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 13 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 14 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 15 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 16 Why Not Helsinki?
- 17 Inverness Northern Lights?
- 18 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 19 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 20 Places to visit staying in Como
- 21 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 22 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 23 Mona Lisait Returns
- 24 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 25 Paris Under Seige...
Help: Car or train to tour multiple countries? Organized tour or DIY