I am travelling with my husband and 2 children (8 & 3 years old) to Italy in October 2014.
Need help with:
1) itinerary - currently it is:
Day 1 arrive Rome (early, 09:20)
Days 2 & 3 Rome (hope to see Sistine chapel, colleseum, Spanish steps, Trevino fountain, piazza navona, etc)
Day 4 Catch train from Rome to Florence (10am)
Day 5 Florence
Day 6 7 & 8 - explore Tuscany,:Chianti region with trips to Pisa & Siena (will pick up car in Florence & return day 9 when catching train from Florence to Venice)
Day 9 catch train from Florence to Venice (10am)
Day 10 Venice (day trip to Verona)
Day 11 depart Venice late (after 6pm) so should be able squeeze in few sights?
Thinking of adding an extra day to Venice?
2) how many euros do I need to budget for daily: food, sights, shopping, etc
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 3 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 4 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 5 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 7 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 10 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 11 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 12 Exchange: pros & cons?
- 13 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 14 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 15 Skye to Edinburgh
- 16 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 17 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Flat in London
- 20 Trip to Rome
- 21 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 22 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 23 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 24 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 25 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik