I am in the beginning stages of planning my trip to Sicily for next May. We have 2 weeks to spend and I’d like to know how to best plan my time. Also, I’d like to hear any opinions and advice with regard to my hotel choices, towns to visit, towns not to miss, etc.
Fly into Catania and drive to Taormina
Taormina for 5 nights at San Domenico Palace Hotel
**visit Mt. Etna, Castelmola, Aeolian Islands
Drive to Syracusa
2 nights at the Des Etrangers Hotel
Drive to Agrigento
2 nights at the Villa Athena Agrigento
**are there any other places to visit within a reasonable drive from Agrigento? How about the thermal baths at Sciacca?
Drive to Caccamo
3 nights at a bed and breakfast in the village
**this is the village my family is from and I thought I could use it as a home base to see Cefalu, Castelbuono, Enna, Piazza Armerina, Parco Regionale Delle Madonie
Fly home from Palermo
Thank you for any advice you can give me. The hardest part of planning a trip is deciding how much time to spend in any given place.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stu Tower
- 2 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 3 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 4 SE ITALY
- 5 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 6 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 7 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 8 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 9 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 10 6 Days in Italy
- 11 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 12 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 13 Helpful Hint
- 14 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 15 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 16 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 17 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Finland around Christmas time?
- 20 monograms vacation tours
- 21 UK - Coronation Street Goes to 6 Days a Week...
- 22 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 25 Crete Holiday