I am in the beginning stages of planning my trip to Sicily for next May. We have 2 weeks to spend and I’d like to know how to best plan my time. Also, I’d like to hear any opinions and advice with regard to my hotel choices, towns to visit, towns not to miss, etc.
Fly into Catania and drive to Taormina
Taormina for 5 nights at San Domenico Palace Hotel
**visit Mt. Etna, Castelmola, Aeolian Islands
Drive to Syracusa
2 nights at the Des Etrangers Hotel
Drive to Agrigento
2 nights at the Villa Athena Agrigento
**are there any other places to visit within a reasonable drive from Agrigento? How about the thermal baths at Sciacca?
Drive to Caccamo
3 nights at a bed and breakfast in the village
**this is the village my family is from and I thought I could use it as a home base to see Cefalu, Castelbuono, Enna, Piazza Armerina, Parco Regionale Delle Madonie
Fly home from Palermo
Thank you for any advice you can give me. The hardest part of planning a trip is deciding how much time to spend in any given place.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Assits: PANDA Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 PANDA 24*7
- 2 Assits: PANDA Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 PANDA 24*7
- 3 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 4 Need hotel in Athens
- 5 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 6 Avoid Europcar!
- 7 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 8 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 9 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 10 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 11 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 12 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 14 Train / Calabria
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Scotland - We're Here!
- 17 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 18 Naples + Walking Tour
- 19 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 20 Paris for children
- 21 Madrid food advice needed
- 22 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 23 Couscous
- 24 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 25 IWM