I am in the beginning stages of planning my trip to Sicily for next May. We have 2 weeks to spend and I’d like to know how to best plan my time. Also, I’d like to hear any opinions and advice with regard to my hotel choices, towns to visit, towns not to miss, etc.
Fly into Catania and drive to Taormina
Taormina for 5 nights at San Domenico Palace Hotel
**visit Mt. Etna, Castelmola, Aeolian Islands
Drive to Syracusa
2 nights at the Des Etrangers Hotel
Drive to Agrigento
2 nights at the Villa Athena Agrigento
**are there any other places to visit within a reasonable drive from Agrigento? How about the thermal baths at Sciacca?
Drive to Caccamo
3 nights at a bed and breakfast in the village
**this is the village my family is from and I thought I could use it as a home base to see Cefalu, Castelbuono, Enna, Piazza Armerina, Parco Regionale Delle Madonie
Fly home from Palermo
Thank you for any advice you can give me. The hardest part of planning a trip is deciding how much time to spend in any given place.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in July
- 2 Another tipping question: concierges
- 3 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 4 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 5 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 6 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 7 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 Acorn TV
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 12 Petrol in Greece
- 13 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 14 We're here!
- 15 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 16 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 19 6-7 Days in France
- 20 International Flight Question
- 21 5 Days in Switzerland
- 22 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 Honeymoon on a Budget