Ladies and Gents:
Thank you for your kindness in helping me with some romantic dining tips from last Fodors post. Being in Europe, I will not be on my turf and therefore know nothing about the places we're visiting aside from my dream girl making me sit through Rick Steves DVDs twice a week for the past god knows how long while I try to stay awake on the couch after 16 hour work days. But I will persevere because she is worth it. I just wish I was better at this and had more free time to plan. Thankfully, I have your support. I hope. I now ask for your continued assistance with my lackluster, almost invincible, itinerary on how to romance my girl. This is it for me so I can't mess it up, please. She's so excited she can't sleep at night. So now I'm really worried because I have not planned anything yet. She will appreciate everything I plan which makes me want to do more for her so please help me make it special since I am not experienced with the cities she picked. We will be in London, Paris, Venice Florence, Rome and possibly Barcelona for 5-6 days, each, wining and dining the love of my life. Please throw in some must-see museums and churches in the mix to show I have some untapped culture and not just into sports. This is really all about romancing, BUT, if you are inclined to give my thinning wallet a break, some cheap eats with good local beer would be appreciated. It doesn't help she's a foodie. How did I get myself into this. But this is a good thing. I learn so much from her sense of adventure and her zest for life is inspiring. The trip begins in mid September and the non-stop beating to my credit cards will end after a month. I sound bitter but I am not. I just want to make this long overdue trip perfect for my beloved and my lack of planning skills is frustrating. If you had 5-6 days in each city, how would you divide your time, what would you see, where would you go, how would you get there? A mock daily itinerary would be best if it's not too much to ask. I know it is but I am asking it anyway in case someone is nice enough to draft it for me. I am not familiar with the logistics so a breakdown of where to go on each day would be very helpful so I can go from there. I also want to reserve and book whatever I need to in advance, especially restaurants. Lines are not romantic. Any transportation, tourist spots passes I need? Would it be wise to rent a car from the airports & train stations rather than take the train, bus, boat? I know I will be dropping Gs so what's a few hundred more for cabs, shuttle, car service if that's the most efficient and convenient way to romance from point A to B (more like A-Z with this length of a trip). What is the best way to get from Heathrow to Kensington Gardens at 5:30pm where we will be staying? This is a loaded question and I hope your answers here and there will complete the big itinerary. Thank you for not throwing stuff at your screen as you read this and I anticipate your itinerary suggestions. Shout out to all helpful Fodorites!
Help a guy out, will ya?
Ladies and Gents:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 2 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 3 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 6 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 7 Best beach town in Italy?
- 8 Italy and Croatia
- 9 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 10 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 11 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 12 Five nights in Extremadura
- 13 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 14 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 15 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 16 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 17 trip to norway
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 Where to go in France mid July?
- 20 Help with England/Wales tour
- 21 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 22 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 23 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 24 Cotswold Churches
- 25 A Greek sojourn