Ladies and Gents:
Thank you for your kindness in helping me with some romantic dining tips from last Fodors post. Being in Europe, I will not be on my turf and therefore know nothing about the places we're visiting aside from my dream girl making me sit through Rick Steves DVDs twice a week for the past god knows how long while I try to stay awake on the couch after 16 hour work days. But I will persevere because she is worth it. I just wish I was better at this and had more free time to plan. Thankfully, I have your support. I hope. I now ask for your continued assistance with my lackluster, almost invincible, itinerary on how to romance my girl. This is it for me so I can't mess it up, please. She's so excited she can't sleep at night. So now I'm really worried because I have not planned anything yet. She will appreciate everything I plan which makes me want to do more for her so please help me make it special since I am not experienced with the cities she picked. We will be in London, Paris, Venice Florence, Rome and possibly Barcelona for 5-6 days, each, wining and dining the love of my life. Please throw in some must-see museums and churches in the mix to show I have some untapped culture and not just into sports. This is really all about romancing, BUT, if you are inclined to give my thinning wallet a break, some cheap eats with good local beer would be appreciated. It doesn't help she's a foodie. How did I get myself into this. But this is a good thing. I learn so much from her sense of adventure and her zest for life is inspiring. The trip begins in mid September and the non-stop beating to my credit cards will end after a month. I sound bitter but I am not. I just want to make this long overdue trip perfect for my beloved and my lack of planning skills is frustrating. If you had 5-6 days in each city, how would you divide your time, what would you see, where would you go, how would you get there? A mock daily itinerary would be best if it's not too much to ask. I know it is but I am asking it anyway in case someone is nice enough to draft it for me. I am not familiar with the logistics so a breakdown of where to go on each day would be very helpful so I can go from there. I also want to reserve and book whatever I need to in advance, especially restaurants. Lines are not romantic. Any transportation, tourist spots passes I need? Would it be wise to rent a car from the airports & train stations rather than take the train, bus, boat? I know I will be dropping Gs so what's a few hundred more for cabs, shuttle, car service if that's the most efficient and convenient way to romance from point A to B (more like A-Z with this length of a trip). What is the best way to get from Heathrow to Kensington Gardens at 5:30pm where we will be staying? This is a loaded question and I hope your answers here and there will complete the big itinerary. Thank you for not throwing stuff at your screen as you read this and I anticipate your itinerary suggestions. Shout out to all helpful Fodorites!
Help a guy out, will ya?
Ladies and Gents:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 2 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 3 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 4 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 5 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 6 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 7 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 8 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 9 Eurostar London to Avignon Thru Trains Start June 28!
- 10 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 11 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 12 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 13 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 14 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 15 italy
- 16 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 17 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 18 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 19 What still confounds you about travel?
- 20 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 21 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 22 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 23 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 24 Chip but no PIN
- 25 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?