My wife and I will be flying into Palermo, Sicily on Saturday, May 7th and departing out of Palermo on Saturday, May 21st.
We will also be traveling with our 1.5 year old daughter (Stella).
We are looking for a relaxing vacation, that involves beaches, old scenic villages, and moderate sightseeing given our daughters age.
Because we are flying into Palermo, I thought it may be best to rent a car from the airport and begin our trip in Cefalu.
I was thinking of doing 2 nights in Cefalu (is this too much or too little time spent in Cefalu?) ---- would Palermo be a better beginning base?
and then taking a trip to the Aeolian Islands (will it be too cold for the Aeolians??)
We were thinking of doing 2 nights in Salina and 2 nights on Panerea or Stromboli (or would three nights in each place be better? or should we be choosing one island for 3 nights ).
After that, we would then plan on going to Taormina for 3 nights (as base camp to vist Etna etc.)
From there we would then move on to Ortygia, Siracusa for 3 nights.
Then we could either finish our trip in Erice for 2 nights, or depending on whether we started in Palermo (instead of Cefalu), we could end in Palermo for the two nights?
I am just beginning the planning phase of the trip. Only the plane tickets have been purchased....the rest is a clean slate.
Again, we are looking for a relaxing vacation, with moderate sightseeing!
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 2 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 3 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 4 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 5 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 6 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 7 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 10 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 13 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 14 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 15 House Hunting in France
- 16 English Countryside
- 17 Tour of Northern Italy
- 18 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 19 Cognac transportation?
- 20 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 21 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 22 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 23 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 24 Granada to Madrid
- 25 San Sebastian