My wife and I will be flying into Palermo, Sicily on Saturday, May 7th and departing out of Palermo on Saturday, May 21st.
We will also be traveling with our 1.5 year old daughter (Stella).
We are looking for a relaxing vacation, that involves beaches, old scenic villages, and moderate sightseeing given our daughters age.
Because we are flying into Palermo, I thought it may be best to rent a car from the airport and begin our trip in Cefalu.
I was thinking of doing 2 nights in Cefalu (is this too much or too little time spent in Cefalu?) ---- would Palermo be a better beginning base?
and then taking a trip to the Aeolian Islands (will it be too cold for the Aeolians??)
We were thinking of doing 2 nights in Salina and 2 nights on Panerea or Stromboli (or would three nights in each place be better? or should we be choosing one island for 3 nights ).
After that, we would then plan on going to Taormina for 3 nights (as base camp to vist Etna etc.)
From there we would then move on to Ortygia, Siracusa for 3 nights.
Then we could either finish our trip in Erice for 2 nights, or depending on whether we started in Palermo (instead of Cefalu), we could end in Palermo for the two nights?
I am just beginning the planning phase of the trip. Only the plane tickets have been purchased....the rest is a clean slate.
Again, we are looking for a relaxing vacation, with moderate sightseeing!
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 2 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 3 3 nights in Madrid
- 4 Quite Possibly the Best Mobile Phone/SIM Deal
- 5 Help me make this possible!
- 6 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 7 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 8 London Hotel - Different Request
- 9 IWM
- 10 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 11 alcazar question and seville advice
- 12 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 13 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 14 London in Winter Report
- 15 Iceland trip report!
- 16 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 17 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 18 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 19 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 20 Anniversary trip to France
- 21 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 22 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 23 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 24 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 25 Paris and Normandy