I am planning a short, two day visit to the Neckar Valley area around Heidelberg this July. Traveling with me will be my husband and two children ages 15 and 11. I plan to show the kids the hospital where I once worked as an army nurse 20 years ago as well as Philosopher's Way and the Old Bridge. Other than that, I have no other definite plans.
I recall that there was an old castle named the Burg Guttenberg that once held a bird sanctuary and aviary demonstrations. My 11 year old son is visually impaired and loves to hear birds and view them if we are able to get up close enough. I am considering taking a journey there, but have not been able to find out much about the castle's current offerings.
Our time there is unfortunately short. I would love to take my son to the castle if indeed the birds are still there, yet, do not want to invest time in this pursuit if something like a boat trip down the Neckar would be more enjoyable..
Thank you for any recommendations you are able to give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Chania
- 3 Now to Madrid
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Hotels in Turin
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Studying art in English in venice
- 11 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 12 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 13 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 14 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 3 days solo in London
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 21 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 22 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 23 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 24 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?