I am planning a short, two day visit to the Neckar Valley area around Heidelberg this July. Traveling with me will be my husband and two children ages 15 and 11. I plan to show the kids the hospital where I once worked as an army nurse 20 years ago as well as Philosopher's Way and the Old Bridge. Other than that, I have no other definite plans.
I recall that there was an old castle named the Burg Guttenberg that once held a bird sanctuary and aviary demonstrations. My 11 year old son is visually impaired and loves to hear birds and view them if we are able to get up close enough. I am considering taking a journey there, but have not been able to find out much about the castle's current offerings.
Our time there is unfortunately short. I would love to take my son to the castle if indeed the birds are still there, yet, do not want to invest time in this pursuit if something like a boat trip down the Neckar would be more enjoyable..
Thank you for any recommendations you are able to give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Legal documents assistants
- 2 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 3 ATM help
- 4 ATM
- 5 Visit to Sardinia
- 6 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 7 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 8 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 9 London is it worth it?
- 10 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 11 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 12 Montserrat Express
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 17 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 18 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 19 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 20 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 21 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 22 International drivers permit
- 23 Places to stop/stay?
- 24 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 25 transportation from De Gaulle airport