As the capital city of Turkey, Ankara somehow falls out of the travel radar as it is clearly overshadowed by other wonders in the country – the Göreme Open Air Museum in Cappadocia, the “Cotton Castle” in Pamukkale, Ephesus, or the enormous Istanbul.
Welcome to visit my blog for the photos and Ankara! - http://wp.me/p5Lw9a-EK
We visited Ankara on the route of our way back to Istanbul from Cappadocia, and surprising enough, we went pass an amazing salt flat in Turkey where the sky and ground merge into one to create wonderful images.
Talking about the “Mirror of the sky”, a lot of travelers immediately thinks about Bolivia’s Salar de Uyuni, the world’s largest salt flat located over 3,600 meters above sea level. While in fact, this is not the only mirror of the sky In the planet J. Lake Tuz, located in the central Anatolia Region of Turkey, is the second largest lake in Turkey and it’s about 1/6 the size of the Salar de Uyuni. The lake is very shallow, though, with 0.5 to 1.5 feet in depth, the water dries up in summer with only a thin layer of water, or even no water left in the Lake, people could walk on the lake and the reflection creates dreamy and magnificent images.
More than 60% of salt in Turkey were mined from this lake, and crystallized salt can be seen. As we were jumping and wandering in the lake my pants got wet and salt stuck on my pants when it was dry as well.
Visit my blog for the photos and you are welcome to leave comments and share your experience! - http://wp.me/p5Lw9a-EK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 2 Thinking about the Fjords
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 5 Where to eat in Rome?
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 10 Poland to Austria In December
- 11 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 12 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 13 Best Neck Pillow
- 14 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 15 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 18 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 19 Tracking the Weather
- 20 Italy travel plan help
- 21 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 22 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 23 Alsace to Austria?
- 24 road trip through scotland
- 25 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel