As the capital city of Turkey, Ankara somehow falls out of the travel radar as it is clearly overshadowed by other wonders in the country – the Göreme Open Air Museum in Cappadocia, the “Cotton Castle” in Pamukkale, Ephesus, or the enormous Istanbul.
Welcome to visit my blog for the photos and Ankara! - http://wp.me/p5Lw9a-EK
We visited Ankara on the route of our way back to Istanbul from Cappadocia, and surprising enough, we went pass an amazing salt flat in Turkey where the sky and ground merge into one to create wonderful images.
Talking about the “Mirror of the sky”, a lot of travelers immediately thinks about Bolivia’s Salar de Uyuni, the world’s largest salt flat located over 3,600 meters above sea level. While in fact, this is not the only mirror of the sky In the planet J. Lake Tuz, located in the central Anatolia Region of Turkey, is the second largest lake in Turkey and it’s about 1/6 the size of the Salar de Uyuni. The lake is very shallow, though, with 0.5 to 1.5 feet in depth, the water dries up in summer with only a thin layer of water, or even no water left in the Lake, people could walk on the lake and the reflection creates dreamy and magnificent images.
More than 60% of salt in Turkey were mined from this lake, and crystallized salt can be seen. As we were jumping and wandering in the lake my pants got wet and salt stuck on my pants when it was dry as well.
Visit my blog for the photos and you are welcome to leave comments and share your experience! - http://wp.me/p5Lw9a-EK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice/Mestre
- 2 Quizz !
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 9 Days in Spain
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 8 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 9 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 10 8 Days in Spain
- 11 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 12 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 13 car insurance italy
- 14 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Italy Car Scam
- 17 auto europa or auto europe?
- 18 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Barcelona alternative
- 21 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 22 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris