As the capital city of Turkey, Ankara somehow falls out of the travel radar as it is clearly overshadowed by other wonders in the country – the Göreme Open Air Museum in Cappadocia, the “Cotton Castle” in Pamukkale, Ephesus, or the enormous Istanbul.
Welcome to visit my blog for the photos and Ankara! - http://wp.me/p5Lw9a-EK
We visited Ankara on the route of our way back to Istanbul from Cappadocia, and surprising enough, we went pass an amazing salt flat in Turkey where the sky and ground merge into one to create wonderful images.
Talking about the “Mirror of the sky”, a lot of travelers immediately thinks about Bolivia’s Salar de Uyuni, the world’s largest salt flat located over 3,600 meters above sea level. While in fact, this is not the only mirror of the sky In the planet J. Lake Tuz, located in the central Anatolia Region of Turkey, is the second largest lake in Turkey and it’s about 1/6 the size of the Salar de Uyuni. The lake is very shallow, though, with 0.5 to 1.5 feet in depth, the water dries up in summer with only a thin layer of water, or even no water left in the Lake, people could walk on the lake and the reflection creates dreamy and magnificent images.
More than 60% of salt in Turkey were mined from this lake, and crystallized salt can be seen. As we were jumping and wandering in the lake my pants got wet and salt stuck on my pants when it was dry as well.
Visit my blog for the photos and you are welcome to leave comments and share your experience! - http://wp.me/p5Lw9a-EK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 5 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 6 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 13 Questions about Polish sights
- 14 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 15 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 23 Italy
- 24 Revised itinerary for italy
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?