Thinking Flanner will be the expert here, but welcome any suggestions.
I’m flying to England in September and want to do a few days walking in the Cotswold, before heading to London for the Open House weekend.
By public transporation/walking, I want to visit Sezincote House, the Batsford Arboretum, and repeat my Chipping Campden-Broadway walk.
QUESTION: With the attractions above, is M-i-M a good base for me?
Assuming Moreton-in-Marsh is fine…
Arrive a.m., take 76 Bus to Slough, then train to Moreton-in-Marsh. (2 hrs 10 min journey)
Question: There’s a Heathrow Connect train to Hayes & Harlington, transfer to Slough train, transfer to M-i-M train (2 hrs 6 min). They both seem fine…has anyone done one or the other to offer any advice?
Question: On my first, bleary-eyed day, any one have advice on what I might do within M-i-M? I imagine I’ll wander the high street and savor English tea and cakes and hit the Tesco (yay!)—but any particular suggestions?
Question: Any advice specific to Sezincote or the Batsford Arboretum?
Thank you for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 4 Tracking the Weather
- 5 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 6 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 7 Where to eat in Rome?
- 8 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 9 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 10 Italy travel plan help
- 11 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 12 Thinking about the Fjords
- 13 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 14 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 15 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 16 Alsace to Austria?
- 17 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 18 Budapest language lessons
- 19 Tours in Wales
- 20 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 21 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 22 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 23 barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 25 Base in Rhine or Mosel?