Thinking Flanner will be the expert here, but welcome any suggestions.
I’m flying to England in September and want to do a few days walking in the Cotswold, before heading to London for the Open House weekend.
By public transporation/walking, I want to visit Sezincote House, the Batsford Arboretum, and repeat my Chipping Campden-Broadway walk.
QUESTION: With the attractions above, is M-i-M a good base for me?
Assuming Moreton-in-Marsh is fine…
Arrive a.m., take 76 Bus to Slough, then train to Moreton-in-Marsh. (2 hrs 10 min journey)
Question: There’s a Heathrow Connect train to Hayes & Harlington, transfer to Slough train, transfer to M-i-M train (2 hrs 6 min). They both seem fine…has anyone done one or the other to offer any advice?
Question: On my first, bleary-eyed day, any one have advice on what I might do within M-i-M? I imagine I’ll wander the high street and savor English tea and cakes and hit the Tesco (yay!)—but any particular suggestions?
Question: Any advice specific to Sezincote or the Batsford Arboretum?
Thank you for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Barcelona
- 3 Spain and South of France
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 6 Overnight at Heathrow
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Ronda Wine/biking
- 11 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 12 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Andalucia itinerary help
- 15 Santorini lodging
- 16 Germany family road trip help!
- 17 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 18 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 19 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 20 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 21 Prague
- 22 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 23 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 24 9 days in London
- 25 Where to buy things outside of Munich