Thinking Flanner will be the expert here, but welcome any suggestions.
I’m flying to England in September and want to do a few days walking in the Cotswold, before heading to London for the Open House weekend.
By public transporation/walking, I want to visit Sezincote House, the Batsford Arboretum, and repeat my Chipping Campden-Broadway walk.
QUESTION: With the attractions above, is M-i-M a good base for me?
Assuming Moreton-in-Marsh is fine…
Arrive a.m., take 76 Bus to Slough, then train to Moreton-in-Marsh. (2 hrs 10 min journey)
Question: There’s a Heathrow Connect train to Hayes & Harlington, transfer to Slough train, transfer to M-i-M train (2 hrs 6 min). They both seem fine…has anyone done one or the other to offer any advice?
Question: On my first, bleary-eyed day, any one have advice on what I might do within M-i-M? I imagine I’ll wander the high street and savor English tea and cakes and hit the Tesco (yay!)—but any particular suggestions?
Question: Any advice specific to Sezincote or the Batsford Arboretum?
Thank you for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 waeva awebawe aweawe
- 2 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 3 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 4 Charming areas to explore in London
- 5 Stu Tower
- 6 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 7 YIKES!
- 8 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 9 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 10 travel around Spain
- 11 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 12 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 13 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 14 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 15 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 16 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 17 Labor Day in Paris
- 18 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 19 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 20 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 21 Train up the Jungfrau
- 22 credit and debit cards
- 23 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 24 Almalfi
- 25 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona