Thinking Flanner will be the expert here, but welcome any suggestions.
I’m flying to England in September and want to do a few days walking in the Cotswold, before heading to London for the Open House weekend.
By public transporation/walking, I want to visit Sezincote House, the Batsford Arboretum, and repeat my Chipping Campden-Broadway walk.
QUESTION: With the attractions above, is M-i-M a good base for me?
Assuming Moreton-in-Marsh is fine…
Arrive a.m., take 76 Bus to Slough, then train to Moreton-in-Marsh. (2 hrs 10 min journey)
Question: There’s a Heathrow Connect train to Hayes & Harlington, transfer to Slough train, transfer to M-i-M train (2 hrs 6 min). They both seem fine…has anyone done one or the other to offer any advice?
Question: On my first, bleary-eyed day, any one have advice on what I might do within M-i-M? I imagine I’ll wander the high street and savor English tea and cakes and hit the Tesco (yay!)—but any particular suggestions?
Question: Any advice specific to Sezincote or the Batsford Arboretum?
Thank you for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 슈퍼카지노№【RAM300.COM】№ 카지노 바카라
- 2 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 3 Connection time in Athens?
- 4 Short Trip in July
- 5 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 6 Ludwig Castles
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 9 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 10 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 11 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 12 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 13 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 14 Escorted Tours
- 15 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 16 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 17 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 18 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 21 2 Months in Sicily
- 22 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 23 What tips can you give about packing?
- 24 Le Marche, Italy
- 25 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017