My husband and I have taken the train from Heathrow or Gatwick to Bath several times over the years. This time I am wondering about using a car service. Of course more expensive (but we treat ourselves to first class rail travel in England). And of course a driver and car would be door to door ; wouldn't have to drag luggage here and there in train stations; no worries about trying to catch a particular train if the flight is delayed or customs is, faster, etc. etc. Has anyone done that? Who did you use and what was your experience?
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 3 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 4 Night Bus?
- 5 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 6 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 8 Spain in November
- 9 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 10 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 11 Shall we Gdansk?
- 12 What Car Rental Agency in Italy?
- 13 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 14 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 15 3 days outside Venice
- 16 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 17 Jewish Vienna
- 18 Short time in Vienna
- 19 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 20 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 21 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 22 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 23 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 24 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 25 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
Heathrow: Hiring a driver/car versus taking the train. Recommendations?