My husband and I have taken the train from Heathrow or Gatwick to Bath several times over the years. This time I am wondering about using a car service. Of course more expensive (but we treat ourselves to first class rail travel in England). And of course a driver and car would be door to door ; wouldn't have to drag luggage here and there in train stations; no worries about trying to catch a particular train if the flight is delayed or customs is, faster, etc. etc. Has anyone done that? Who did you use and what was your experience?
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 days in France and Italy
- 2 European Vacation 2017
- 3 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 4 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 5 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 6 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 7 One July night in Verona - help!
- 8 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 9 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 London in September
- 12 Avoid Europcar!
- 13 Paris for children
- 14 Couscous
- 15 Scotland - We're Here!
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 18 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 19 IWM
- 20 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 21 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 22 Guided Vatican Tours
- 23 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 24 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 25 Train / Calabria
Heathrow: Hiring a driver/car versus taking the train. Recommendations?