My husband and I have taken the train from Heathrow or Gatwick to Bath several times over the years. This time I am wondering about using a car service. Of course more expensive (but we treat ourselves to first class rail travel in England). And of course a driver and car would be door to door ; wouldn't have to drag luggage here and there in train stations; no worries about trying to catch a particular train if the flight is delayed or customs is, faster, etc. etc. Has anyone done that? Who did you use and what was your experience?
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 vienna
- 2 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 3 4 days itinerary for France
- 4 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 5 Questions about Polish sights
- 6 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 7 Bernina Express mid-March
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 10 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 11 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 12 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 13 where to stay in London?
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Juangfrau / mt
- 16 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 17 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
Heathrow: Hiring a driver/car versus taking the train. Recommendations?