The Other Half and I are heading to Scotland end of April to mid-May and I am planning to travel to, what I understand as, the central region of the Highlands (Perth, Pitlochry, Aberfeldy, etc) and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how much time we should spend in that area.
We are in Scotland for 12 days and, ideally, I'd like to have a few days to see Glasgow and Edinburgh (not entirely sure how much time we need to either of those cities) in addition. Our interests are seeing historical places, getting outdoors for some awesome scenery and just experiencing the local culture.
Wish we had more time to spend there; but then again, don't we all wish we had more time for traveling?
Thanks a bunch!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 2 2 weeks from southern italy
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 Another Question re Scotland
- 5 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 6 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 7 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 8 travel around Spain
- 9 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 10 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 13 credit and debit cards
- 14 Where to stay in Umbria
- 15 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 16 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 17 First Trip to Ireland
- 18 Dalmation coast in October?
- 19 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 20 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 21 Confused on which train pass
- 22 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 23 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 24 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 25 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing