The Other Half and I are heading to Scotland end of April to mid-May and I am planning to travel to, what I understand as, the central region of the Highlands (Perth, Pitlochry, Aberfeldy, etc) and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how much time we should spend in that area.
We are in Scotland for 12 days and, ideally, I'd like to have a few days to see Glasgow and Edinburgh (not entirely sure how much time we need to either of those cities) in addition. Our interests are seeing historical places, getting outdoors for some awesome scenery and just experiencing the local culture.
Wish we had more time to spend there; but then again, don't we all wish we had more time for traveling?
Thanks a bunch!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 2 Train travel
- 3 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 4 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 5 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 6 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 7 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 8 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 9 Christmas Markets 2017
- 10 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 11 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 12 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 13 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 14 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 15 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 16 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 17 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 18 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 19 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 20 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 21 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 22 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 23 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 24 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 25 Appenzell in December?