The Other Half and I are heading to Scotland end of April to mid-May and I am planning to travel to, what I understand as, the central region of the Highlands (Perth, Pitlochry, Aberfeldy, etc) and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how much time we should spend in that area.
We are in Scotland for 12 days and, ideally, I'd like to have a few days to see Glasgow and Edinburgh (not entirely sure how much time we need to either of those cities) in addition. Our interests are seeing historical places, getting outdoors for some awesome scenery and just experiencing the local culture.
Wish we had more time to spend there; but then again, don't we all wish we had more time for traveling?
Thanks a bunch!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 2 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 3 Rome or Venice first
- 4 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 5 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 6 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 9 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 10 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 11 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 16 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 17 Europe First Timers
- 18 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 19 Apartment Montreux area
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 21 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 22 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 23 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 24 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 25 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich