In about 5 weeks time, I will be heading out from California, US, to the great Europe!
I am going to be spending 3 months in the EU continent and 1 month in the UK region (Ireland & England mostly).
My plan is to eat and learn all I can about pastries and bring back what I've learned for my catering business.
I know there are certain regions in Europe that a woman just shouldn't go alone.
Also parts of the continent that are just not good after a certain time of year. I think Spain is best to be avoided after September ? Right now there really is no limitations as to which countries I will go, but I do have a few countries on the list that I will HAVE to go.
France, Italy, Ireland, England, Spain (If the timing permits), Germany, Amsterdam and if possible, Switzerland and Greece. All these places within 4 months, seems like a bit stretch.
I am very much welcome to any suggestions you may have and also places to avoid for a fellow female traveler, traveling alone. I already also have some places marked down on my list to go but won't bore you with the specific details. Taking this month to really buckle down and prepare for the trip, this project. Any and all responses are welcomed! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 2 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 3 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 4 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 5 Pousadas in Portugal
- 6 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 7 Antiques shopping Rome
- 8 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 9 Scotland Trip Planning
- 10 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 11 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 12 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 13 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 14 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 15 Paris food tours?
- 16 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 17 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location
- 18 Lake Maggiore
- 19 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 20 Classical Music in Milan
- 21 Must sees in Malaga
- 22 Another Book List for Italy
- 23 Italy train question
- 24 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 25 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
Heading to Europe for a great food adventure and learning experience!