In about 5 weeks time, I will be heading out from California, US, to the great Europe!
I am going to be spending 3 months in the EU continent and 1 month in the UK region (Ireland & England mostly).
My plan is to eat and learn all I can about pastries and bring back what I've learned for my catering business.
I know there are certain regions in Europe that a woman just shouldn't go alone.
Also parts of the continent that are just not good after a certain time of year. I think Spain is best to be avoided after September ? Right now there really is no limitations as to which countries I will go, but I do have a few countries on the list that I will HAVE to go.
France, Italy, Ireland, England, Spain (If the timing permits), Germany, Amsterdam and if possible, Switzerland and Greece. All these places within 4 months, seems like a bit stretch.
I am very much welcome to any suggestions you may have and also places to avoid for a fellow female traveler, traveling alone. I already also have some places marked down on my list to go but won't bore you with the specific details. Taking this month to really buckle down and prepare for the trip, this project. Any and all responses are welcomed! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 2 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 3 How many days for Tallinn, Riga and Vilinus?
- 4 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 5 Como or Bellagio
- 6 Alhambra
- 7 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 8 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 9 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 10 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 11 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 12 where to stay in Malta
- 13 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 14 Netflix and Hulu
- 15 Transportation from Heathrow Airport to Central London
- 16 Germany in 7 days
- 17 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 18 Car rental return Nice
- 19 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 20 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 22 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 23 Paris to Morocco
- 24 Best routeLago maggiore to Dolcedo--where to stop
- 25 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
Heading to Europe for a great food adventure and learning experience!