In about 5 weeks time, I will be heading out from California, US, to the great Europe!
I am going to be spending 3 months in the EU continent and 1 month in the UK region (Ireland & England mostly).
My plan is to eat and learn all I can about pastries and bring back what I've learned for my catering business.
I know there are certain regions in Europe that a woman just shouldn't go alone.
Also parts of the continent that are just not good after a certain time of year. I think Spain is best to be avoided after September ? Right now there really is no limitations as to which countries I will go, but I do have a few countries on the list that I will HAVE to go.
France, Italy, Ireland, England, Spain (If the timing permits), Germany, Amsterdam and if possible, Switzerland and Greece. All these places within 4 months, seems like a bit stretch.
I am very much welcome to any suggestions you may have and also places to avoid for a fellow female traveler, traveling alone. I already also have some places marked down on my list to go but won't bore you with the specific details. Taking this month to really buckle down and prepare for the trip, this project. Any and all responses are welcomed! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charles de Gaulle airport: Speediest arrival and departure ever!
- 2 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 3 Car rental leaving Rome
- 4 Help needed for itinerary planning: Iceland
- 5 Safe to Travel?
- 6 Ideas for Month in Germany
- 7 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 8 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 9 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 10 Boots for Christmastime in Germany?
- 11 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 12 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 13 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 14 Airfare from Boston to Rome
- 15 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 16 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 17 Hotel in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- 18 Why Not Helsinki?
- 19 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 20 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 21 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 23 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 24 8 days in Vienna in December
- 25 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
Heading to Europe for a great food adventure and learning experience!