Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) occur in the high northern lattitudes. They are quite rare but spectacular.
They are sometimes seen as far South as UK.
My friends in Sweden have set up a webcam using a fish eye lens to record the sky.
The resulting images, over 24 hours have been reduced to a couple of minutes.
See the images here : http://the-languedoc-page.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=864
Needs ADSL, or an awful lot of patience !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and South of France
- 2 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 3 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Overnight at Heathrow
- 5 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 6 France, UK and Ireland
- 7 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 8 Ronda Wine/biking
- 9 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 10 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 11 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 12 Andalucia itinerary help
- 13 Santorini lodging
- 14 Germany family road trip help!
- 15 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 16 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 17 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 18 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 19 Prague
- 20 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 21 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 22 9 days in London
- 23 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 24 No Periods in British Written English!
- 25 Milan private guide