Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) occur in the high northern lattitudes. They are quite rare but spectacular.
They are sometimes seen as far South as UK.
My friends in Sweden have set up a webcam using a fish eye lens to record the sky.
The resulting images, over 24 hours have been reduced to a couple of minutes.
See the images here : http://the-languedoc-page.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=864
Needs ADSL, or an awful lot of patience !
Have you seen the Northern lights (Aurora Borealis) ?
- 1 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 7 days in Andalucia
- 5 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 6 Madrid to Sevilla
- 7 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 8 first european holiday itinery
- 9 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 10 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 11 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 12 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 13 Euro Train
- 14 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 15 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 16 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 17 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 18 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 19 Travel by train or bus
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 22 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 23 Belgium
- 24 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 25 Venice passes....confusing as heck!