A group of us are renting a house for a week in central Istria; the lease is Saturday to Saturday. Our flight gets into Trieste on Thursday...wondering if you all have ideas about where to spend the two nights. We will have a car. We like to wander picturesque and/or historic cities and towns and are suckers for a great view from mountains or a harbor. Sightseers, not shoppers, though we love to eat. If you have a recommended hotel, that's even better!
I am working my way through some wonderful trip reports, by the way, and have learned a lot from all the postings.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 2 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 3 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 6 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 7 Shall we Gdansk?
- 8 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 9 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 10 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 11 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 12 Jewish Vienna
- 13 Short time in Vienna
- 14 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 15 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 16 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 17 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 18 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 19 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 20 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 21 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 22 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 23 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 24 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 25 Rhodes: New town or Old Town