A group of us are renting a house for a week in central Istria; the lease is Saturday to Saturday. Our flight gets into Trieste on Thursday...wondering if you all have ideas about where to spend the two nights. We will have a car. We like to wander picturesque and/or historic cities and towns and are suckers for a great view from mountains or a harbor. Sightseers, not shoppers, though we love to eat. If you have a recommended hotel, that's even better!
I am working my way through some wonderful trip reports, by the way, and have learned a lot from all the postings.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 2 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 3 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 4 Train or Coach from Dublin to Cork?
- 5 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 6 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 7 A week driving in Bavaria
- 8 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 9 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 10 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 11 Camino Redux
- 12 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 13 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 14 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 15 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 16 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 17 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 18 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 19 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 20 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 21 Trans-Siberia Train
- 22 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 23 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 24 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 25 PLITVICE LAKES