A group of us are renting a house for a week in central Istria; the lease is Saturday to Saturday. Our flight gets into Trieste on Thursday...wondering if you all have ideas about where to spend the two nights. We will have a car. We like to wander picturesque and/or historic cities and towns and are suckers for a great view from mountains or a harbor. Sightseers, not shoppers, though we love to eat. If you have a recommended hotel, that's even better!
I am working my way through some wonderful trip reports, by the way, and have learned a lot from all the postings.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel vs. Babies
- 2 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 3 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 4 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 5 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 6 Which is the nearest London airport to reach loughton
- 7 What is the area around Camaiore like?
- 8 Andalucia in December
- 9 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 10 England and Wales by public transport
- 11 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 12 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 13 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 14 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 15 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 16 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 17 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 18 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 19 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 20 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 21 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 22 Vienna or Budapest?
- 23 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 24 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 25 Will you skip Vienna for other city?