A group of us are renting a house for a week in central Istria; the lease is Saturday to Saturday. Our flight gets into Trieste on Thursday...wondering if you all have ideas about where to spend the two nights. We will have a car. We like to wander picturesque and/or historic cities and towns and are suckers for a great view from mountains or a harbor. Sightseers, not shoppers, though we love to eat. If you have a recommended hotel, that's even better!
I am working my way through some wonderful trip reports, by the way, and have learned a lot from all the postings.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 10 Trains in Italy
- 11 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 12 Uber vs. TfL
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 15 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 16 Alitala
- 17 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 18 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 19 celticmoon, a quick question
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 What fresh hell is this?
- 22 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 23 Which Train Station in Venice
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 25 Greek Village