Hello - we are in early stages of planning a 10 day trip to either Prague or the Ardennes. We plan to go mid October. We are late 50's, active, have travelled a lot in Germany, France, Italy and Spain. We love history (especially WW2 for me), culture, countryside and it goes without saying...good food and wine. We tend to immerse ourselves in the culture and love finding small pubs, out the way sights and engaging the locals constantly for their tips and ideas (eg: where would you take your future mother in law to dinner?) I'm fairly good with a route if we choose the Prague/Cesky/Karlovy trip but less sure of how to attack the Ardennes idea. I would like to include Spa as we are big F1 fans if possible..maybe just a day there. We've been to Ipres and Brugges twice so this would be a different look at Benelux. Would love to hear from others who've done either of these trips for ideas on lodging, food, sights and the inevitable what to avoid. Thanks much!!
Have to choose: 10 days in Prague and outlying or Ardennes/Bastogne/Spa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 4 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 5 Pronunciation
- 6 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 7 Monet in Normandy
- 8 Dublin Tour Companies
- 9 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 10 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 11 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 12 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 13 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 14 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 15 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 16 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 17 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 18 Stay near Paris
- 19 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 20 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 21 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 22 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 23 What to wear
- 24 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 25 Italy Itinerary - Draft