Hello - we are in early stages of planning a 10 day trip to either Prague or the Ardennes. We plan to go mid October. We are late 50's, active, have travelled a lot in Germany, France, Italy and Spain. We love history (especially WW2 for me), culture, countryside and it goes without saying...good food and wine. We tend to immerse ourselves in the culture and love finding small pubs, out the way sights and engaging the locals constantly for their tips and ideas (eg: where would you take your future mother in law to dinner?) I'm fairly good with a route if we choose the Prague/Cesky/Karlovy trip but less sure of how to attack the Ardennes idea. I would like to include Spa as we are big F1 fans if possible..maybe just a day there. We've been to Ipres and Brugges twice so this would be a different look at Benelux. Would love to hear from others who've done either of these trips for ideas on lodging, food, sights and the inevitable what to avoid. Thanks much!!
Have to choose: 10 days in Prague and outlying or Ardennes/Bastogne/Spa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 2 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 3 Berlin Prague Vienna Munich
- 4 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 5 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 6 Cylades Island Hopping
- 7 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 8 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 9 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 10 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 11 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 12 Scuol, Switzerland
- 13 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 14 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 15 Iwango went…to Nice
- 16 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 17 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 18 5 Observations About Paris
- 19 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 20 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 21 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 22 Taormina Sicily
- 23 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 24 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 25 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland