Hello - we are in early stages of planning a 10 day trip to either Prague or the Ardennes. We plan to go mid October. We are late 50's, active, have travelled a lot in Germany, France, Italy and Spain. We love history (especially WW2 for me), culture, countryside and it goes without saying...good food and wine. We tend to immerse ourselves in the culture and love finding small pubs, out the way sights and engaging the locals constantly for their tips and ideas (eg: where would you take your future mother in law to dinner?) I'm fairly good with a route if we choose the Prague/Cesky/Karlovy trip but less sure of how to attack the Ardennes idea. I would like to include Spa as we are big F1 fans if possible..maybe just a day there. We've been to Ipres and Brugges twice so this would be a different look at Benelux. Would love to hear from others who've done either of these trips for ideas on lodging, food, sights and the inevitable what to avoid. Thanks much!!
Have to choose: 10 days in Prague and outlying or Ardennes/Bastogne/Spa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 2 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 3 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 4 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 5 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 6 Purse week?
- 7 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 8 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 9 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 10 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 11 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 12 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 13 Looking for add on city
- 14 Help finding an apartment in Paris 7th arrond.
- 15 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 16 Vatican Museum Tour and Handbags/Backpacks
- 17 PARIS: scarlett - what about the handbags???
- 18 Ladies- Travel Handbags?
- 19 Hand made leather handbags in Venice - Trinny & Susannah recommendation
- 20 Shopping for YSL/ LV Handbags
- 21 New !travel handbags, an update please!
- 22 Paris Handbags
- 23 Which designer handbags come out in Europe before hitting the States?
- 24 VAT in Greece>>Athen (Purchasing of handbags as Tourist)
- 25 One month in Puglia and Matera