Hello - we are in early stages of planning a 10 day trip to either Prague or the Ardennes. We plan to go mid October. We are late 50's, active, have travelled a lot in Germany, France, Italy and Spain. We love history (especially WW2 for me), culture, countryside and it goes without saying...good food and wine. We tend to immerse ourselves in the culture and love finding small pubs, out the way sights and engaging the locals constantly for their tips and ideas (eg: where would you take your future mother in law to dinner?) I'm fairly good with a route if we choose the Prague/Cesky/Karlovy trip but less sure of how to attack the Ardennes idea. I would like to include Spa as we are big F1 fans if possible..maybe just a day there. We've been to Ipres and Brugges twice so this would be a different look at Benelux. Would love to hear from others who've done either of these trips for ideas on lodging, food, sights and the inevitable what to avoid. Thanks much!!
Have to choose: 10 days in Prague and outlying or Ardennes/Bastogne/Spa
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 2 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 3 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 5 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 6 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 7 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 8 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 9 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 10 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 11 Family European winter holiday
- 12 15 days in Europe,
- 13 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 14 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 15 London for Christmas
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 18 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 19 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 20 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 23 Travel by train or bus
- 24 Planning a holiday
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins