My husband and I will arrive France early May and our tinerary is almost complete.
After spending 2 weeks visiting Lille, Bruges and the Alsace region we'll spend several days with friends in Carmaux. From there we'd like to spend our final 4 nights near Cauterets seeing Pont d'Espagne and Lac de Gaube and relaxing before dropping our car at Pau and flying home.
Our dilemma: I've been checking weather conditions regularly and reading comments about visiting there in May. It seems snow may still be in the Lac de Gaube area until early June. One comment also indicated that the lifts sometimes don't operate. We also aren't keen on walking around the lake in the snow. (We've done enough of that this year in Canada!) An alternative would be to continue on to the Pays Basques region instead which we also enjoyed very much on a previous visit.
Would anyone have information or opinions regarding access to Lac de Gaube in late May? We have accommodations booked but not paid for. Or should we plan on visiting the Pays Basques area instead?
Any opinions and/or recommendtions will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://docterzreviews.info/renewiderm/
- 2 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 3 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 7 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 Long weekend in Albania
- 10 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 11 Airfare from Paris to Bastia
- 12 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 13 hill of crosses
- 14 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 15 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 16 Driving through Paris
- 17 Planning A trip
- 18 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 19 A week in the Occitanie
- 20 Munich and....???
- 21 Iceland March Itinerary
- 22 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 23 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Arenalullring area Seville?