My husband and I will arrive France early May and our tinerary is almost complete.
After spending 2 weeks visiting Lille, Bruges and the Alsace region we'll spend several days with friends in Carmaux. From there we'd like to spend our final 4 nights near Cauterets seeing Pont d'Espagne and Lac de Gaube and relaxing before dropping our car at Pau and flying home.
Our dilemma: I've been checking weather conditions regularly and reading comments about visiting there in May. It seems snow may still be in the Lac de Gaube area until early June. One comment also indicated that the lifts sometimes don't operate. We also aren't keen on walking around the lake in the snow. (We've done enough of that this year in Canada!) An alternative would be to continue on to the Pays Basques region instead which we also enjoyed very much on a previous visit.
Would anyone have information or opinions regarding access to Lac de Gaube in late May? We have accommodations booked but not paid for. Or should we plan on visiting the Pays Basques area instead?
Any opinions and/or recommendtions will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 2 Overnight at Heathrow
- 3 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 4 France, UK and Ireland
- 5 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 6 Spain and South of France
- 7 Ronda Wine/biking
- 8 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 9 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 10 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 11 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 12 Andalucia itinerary help
- 13 Santorini lodging
- 14 Germany family road trip help!
- 15 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 16 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 17 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 18 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 19 Prague
- 20 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 21 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 22 9 days in London
- 23 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 24 No Periods in British Written English!
- 25 Milan private guide