My husband and I will arrive France early May and our tinerary is almost complete.
After spending 2 weeks visiting Lille, Bruges and the Alsace region we'll spend several days with friends in Carmaux. From there we'd like to spend our final 4 nights near Cauterets seeing Pont d'Espagne and Lac de Gaube and relaxing before dropping our car at Pau and flying home.
Our dilemma: I've been checking weather conditions regularly and reading comments about visiting there in May. It seems snow may still be in the Lac de Gaube area until early June. One comment also indicated that the lifts sometimes don't operate. We also aren't keen on walking around the lake in the snow. (We've done enough of that this year in Canada!) An alternative would be to continue on to the Pays Basques region instead which we also enjoyed very much on a previous visit.
Would anyone have information or opinions regarding access to Lac de Gaube in late May? We have accommodations booked but not paid for. Or should we plan on visiting the Pays Basques area instead?
Any opinions and/or recommendtions will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON@ password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 5 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 6 Hiking in Switzerland
- 7 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 8 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 9 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 10 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 11 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 12 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 13 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 14 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 15 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 20 CASH OR CARD?
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 23 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 24 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 25 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again