My husband and I will arrive France early May and our tinerary is almost complete.
After spending 2 weeks visiting Lille, Bruges and the Alsace region we'll spend several days with friends in Carmaux. From there we'd like to spend our final 4 nights near Cauterets seeing Pont d'Espagne and Lac de Gaube and relaxing before dropping our car at Pau and flying home.
Our dilemma: I've been checking weather conditions regularly and reading comments about visiting there in May. It seems snow may still be in the Lac de Gaube area until early June. One comment also indicated that the lifts sometimes don't operate. We also aren't keen on walking around the lake in the snow. (We've done enough of that this year in Canada!) An alternative would be to continue on to the Pays Basques region instead which we also enjoyed very much on a previous visit.
Would anyone have information or opinions regarding access to Lac de Gaube in late May? We have accommodations booked but not paid for. Or should we plan on visiting the Pays Basques area instead?
Any opinions and/or recommendtions will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 2 Madrid airport question
- 3 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 4 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 5 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 6 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 7 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 8 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 9 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 10 Imbros Gorge
- 11 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 12 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 13 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 14 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 15 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 18 38 Days in Paris
- 19 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 20 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 21 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 22 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 23 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 24 How the kids age calculated
- 25 Day trips: which ones are must-do?