Because I'm a teacher, I'm locked into the school calendar, so timewise, summer affords me the most time to get away. Of course, I realize it also means higher prices and more people--not exactly my ideal, but don't know how to get around it.
My goal is to leave the US (Atlanta) early June and stay about 3 wks. My hope is that it might be slightly less crowded and a bit more economical than in July--the airfare deals seem to end by 6/15 if that's any indication of supply/demand...I've toyed w/visiting Portugal and Spain, Scandinavia, but am open to other ideas...Should I consider South America?? (I really haven't done any research on that...) I've been warned by several people to avoid a crowded Italy at that time of year.
I'll probably be travelling alone and am in my 30s. I think I'm pretty adventurous, love the outdoors but also like cultural pursuits like looking at architecture, going to museums and love yummy food and wine. I think I'm a pretty easy traveller...give me a great location w/good people-watching possibilities, a tasty glass of wine or beer, a sunny day and maybe a local to shoot the breeze with, and I am in my happy place.
Can you head me in the right direction?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 2 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 3 17 days in England
- 4 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 5 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 6 Parking in Girona
- 7 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 8 Naples, Herculaneum and Capri Early April - recommendations
- 9 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 10 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 11 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 12 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 13 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 14 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 15 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 16 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 17 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 20 Italy Trip Report
- 21 One day in milan
- 22 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 23 Transportation Question Italy
- 24 London Restaurants
- 25 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...