Because I'm a teacher, I'm locked into the school calendar, so timewise, summer affords me the most time to get away. Of course, I realize it also means higher prices and more people--not exactly my ideal, but don't know how to get around it.
My goal is to leave the US (Atlanta) early June and stay about 3 wks. My hope is that it might be slightly less crowded and a bit more economical than in July--the airfare deals seem to end by 6/15 if that's any indication of supply/demand...I've toyed w/visiting Portugal and Spain, Scandinavia, but am open to other ideas...Should I consider South America?? (I really haven't done any research on that...) I've been warned by several people to avoid a crowded Italy at that time of year.
I'll probably be travelling alone and am in my 30s. I think I'm pretty adventurous, love the outdoors but also like cultural pursuits like looking at architecture, going to museums and love yummy food and wine. I think I'm a pretty easy traveller...give me a great location w/good people-watching possibilities, a tasty glass of wine or beer, a sunny day and maybe a local to shoot the breeze with, and I am in my happy place.
Can you head me in the right direction?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 4 Mini trip report - a week in London
- 5 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 6 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 7 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 9 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 10 Driving from Rennes to Geneva
- 11 Praiano
- 12 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 13 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 14 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 15 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 16 Family vacation to europe
- 17 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 18 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 19 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 20 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 21 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 22 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 23 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 24 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 25 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla