Because I'm a teacher, I'm locked into the school calendar, so timewise, summer affords me the most time to get away. Of course, I realize it also means higher prices and more people--not exactly my ideal, but don't know how to get around it.
My goal is to leave the US (Atlanta) early June and stay about 3 wks. My hope is that it might be slightly less crowded and a bit more economical than in July--the airfare deals seem to end by 6/15 if that's any indication of supply/demand...I've toyed w/visiting Portugal and Spain, Scandinavia, but am open to other ideas...Should I consider South America?? (I really haven't done any research on that...) I've been warned by several people to avoid a crowded Italy at that time of year.
I'll probably be travelling alone and am in my 30s. I think I'm pretty adventurous, love the outdoors but also like cultural pursuits like looking at architecture, going to museums and love yummy food and wine. I think I'm a pretty easy traveller...give me a great location w/good people-watching possibilities, a tasty glass of wine or beer, a sunny day and maybe a local to shoot the breeze with, and I am in my happy place.
Can you head me in the right direction?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 2 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 3 Guided Vatican Tours
- 4 Couscous
- 5 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 6 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 7 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Moscow Favorites
- 10 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 11 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 12 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 13 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 14 Ibiiza Spain
- 15 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 16 Cartagena Spain
- 17 3 nights in Madrid
- 18 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 19 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 20 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 21 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 22 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 23 Help with Ireland Trip
- 24 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 25 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?