Because I'm a teacher, I'm locked into the school calendar, so timewise, summer affords me the most time to get away. Of course, I realize it also means higher prices and more people--not exactly my ideal, but don't know how to get around it.
My goal is to leave the US (Atlanta) early June and stay about 3 wks. My hope is that it might be slightly less crowded and a bit more economical than in July--the airfare deals seem to end by 6/15 if that's any indication of supply/demand...I've toyed w/visiting Portugal and Spain, Scandinavia, but am open to other ideas...Should I consider South America?? (I really haven't done any research on that...) I've been warned by several people to avoid a crowded Italy at that time of year.
I'll probably be travelling alone and am in my 30s. I think I'm pretty adventurous, love the outdoors but also like cultural pursuits like looking at architecture, going to museums and love yummy food and wine. I think I'm a pretty easy traveller...give me a great location w/good people-watching possibilities, a tasty glass of wine or beer, a sunny day and maybe a local to shoot the breeze with, and I am in my happy place.
Can you head me in the right direction?
Hate Crowds, Want to go to Europe--in the summer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 2 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 3 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 4 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 5 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 6 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 7 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 8 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 9 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 10 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 11 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 12 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 13 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 14 9 days in turkey
- 15 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 16 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 Nice Video about Poland
- 19 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 20 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 21 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 22 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 23 Estonia Amber
- 24 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 25 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.