Because I'm a teacher, I'm locked into the school calendar, so timewise, summer affords me the most time to get away. Of course, I realize it also means higher prices and more people--not exactly my ideal, but don't know how to get around it.
My goal is to leave the US (Atlanta) early June and stay about 3 wks. My hope is that it might be slightly less crowded and a bit more economical than in July--the airfare deals seem to end by 6/15 if that's any indication of supply/demand...I've toyed w/visiting Portugal and Spain, Scandinavia, but am open to other ideas...Should I consider South America?? (I really haven't done any research on that...) I've been warned by several people to avoid a crowded Italy at that time of year.
I'll probably be travelling alone and am in my 30s. I think I'm pretty adventurous, love the outdoors but also like cultural pursuits like looking at architecture, going to museums and love yummy food and wine. I think I'm a pretty easy traveller...give me a great location w/good people-watching possibilities, a tasty glass of wine or beer, a sunny day and maybe a local to shoot the breeze with, and I am in my happy place.
Can you head me in the right direction?
Hate Crowds, Want to go to Europe--in the summer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Unique Venice Activity
- 4 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 Chip but no PIN
- 7 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 8 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 9 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 10 Madrid and London
- 11 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 12 car rental advice in Portugal
- 13 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 14 What to wear
- 15 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 16 Small group for Colosseum
- 17 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 18 Lofoten ferry
- 19 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 20 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 21 Duoro river cruises
- 22 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 23 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 24 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 25 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?