I took a 16 day tour of Spain and then returned to the Madrid Airport for my flight back home to Canada. I went into the above duty free store and was asked by a security guard to come with him. He brought me to the back of the store into a small room where a stern-looking woman was holding up an empty jewellery box. She said I was a thief and to give back what I had stolen. Paralyzed with fear, I began to say that I had no idea what was going on. She told me to shut my mouth or they would call the police. She dumped by bag contents on the floor, searched my person and found nothing. She looked at my passport and muttered something under her breath. After being humiliated and abused, I was told to pay for the item I stole. I did so just to get out of the store and catch my flight. I still do not know what was in the box. I have written to authorities, the store etc. and have not gotten any answers. I would like to know if this has ever happened to anyone else and what I could do in the future to prevent something like this. My flight was leaving very soon and I couldn't risk missing it. Any input would be great. I don't know if the Aldeassa has a BBB type organization because I would like to lodge a complaint.
Has this happened to anyone else---ALDEASA Madrid Airport
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 2 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 3 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 4 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 5 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 6 By train to and out of Prague
- 7 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 8 Cylades Island Hopping
- 9 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 10 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 11 Italy dolomites
- 12 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 13 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 14 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 15 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 16 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 17 Airport ATMs
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 20 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 21 history museums or locations
- 22 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 23 22 year olds in Europe
- 24 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 25 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips