I took a 16 day tour of Spain and then returned to the Madrid Airport for my flight back home to Canada. I went into the above duty free store and was asked by a security guard to come with him. He brought me to the back of the store into a small room where a stern-looking woman was holding up an empty jewellery box. She said I was a thief and to give back what I had stolen. Paralyzed with fear, I began to say that I had no idea what was going on. She told me to shut my mouth or they would call the police. She dumped by bag contents on the floor, searched my person and found nothing. She looked at my passport and muttered something under her breath. After being humiliated and abused, I was told to pay for the item I stole. I did so just to get out of the store and catch my flight. I still do not know what was in the box. I have written to authorities, the store etc. and have not gotten any answers. I would like to know if this has ever happened to anyone else and what I could do in the future to prevent something like this. My flight was leaving very soon and I couldn't risk missing it. Any input would be great. I don't know if the Aldeassa has a BBB type organization because I would like to lodge a complaint.
Has this happened to anyone else---ALDEASA Madrid Airport
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 2 London hotel
- 3 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 4 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 5 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 6 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 9 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 10 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 11 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 12 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 13 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 Paris in April?
- 16 Prague - Tram #22
- 17 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 18 car rental companies Italy
- 19 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 20 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 21 Toulouse and beyond -
- 22 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 23 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 24 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 25 Palm Sunday in Paris