I took a 16 day tour of Spain and then returned to the Madrid Airport for my flight back home to Canada. I went into the above duty free store and was asked by a security guard to come with him. He brought me to the back of the store into a small room where a stern-looking woman was holding up an empty jewellery box. She said I was a thief and to give back what I had stolen. Paralyzed with fear, I began to say that I had no idea what was going on. She told me to shut my mouth or they would call the police. She dumped by bag contents on the floor, searched my person and found nothing. She looked at my passport and muttered something under her breath. After being humiliated and abused, I was told to pay for the item I stole. I did so just to get out of the store and catch my flight. I still do not know what was in the box. I have written to authorities, the store etc. and have not gotten any answers. I would like to know if this has ever happened to anyone else and what I could do in the future to prevent something like this. My flight was leaving very soon and I couldn't risk missing it. Any input would be great. I don't know if the Aldeassa has a BBB type organization because I would like to lodge a complaint.
Has this happened to anyone else---ALDEASA Madrid Airport
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 4 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 5 Pronunciation
- 6 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 7 Monet in Normandy
- 8 Dublin Tour Companies
- 9 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 10 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 11 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 12 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 13 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 14 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 15 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 16 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 17 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 18 Stay near Paris
- 19 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 20 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 21 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 22 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 23 What to wear
- 24 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 25 Italy Itinerary - Draft