I've been reading a lot of past threads on where to stay in Paris and it seems like the 5th is a pretty good fit. From what I can gather it's central (which I would assume is good for first-time visitors), has a lot of personality, and is very walkable. I'm still sort of looking in other areas, but the amount of information is a touch overwhelming.
We found a hotel (Hotel La Demeure) that offers a very good rate when booked early, but it strikes me as almost at the edge of the 5th (it's at the Les Gobelins metro stop). I like the location of Hotel Familia (which seems to be highly recommended here) a little better, but when I look at the map, I wonder if it's really that big of a deal to be a little further out in order to save a little money. Then again, it's only about 100 USD that we're saving total, which in the grand scheme of things, may not be worth the gamble. I guess I just figured that's even more money we can spend on good food
Anyone stayed at La Demeure and can recommend it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London is it worth it?
- 2 Montserrat Express
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 5 International drivers permit
- 6 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 7 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 8 Places to stop/stay?
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 11 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 12 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 13 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 14 ATM help
- 15 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 16 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 17 Visit to Sardinia
- 18 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 19 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 20 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 21 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 22 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions
- 23 Help me make this possible!
- 24 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 25 Road Trip - Ireland, Scotland and England