I've been reading a lot of past threads on where to stay in Paris and it seems like the 5th is a pretty good fit. From what I can gather it's central (which I would assume is good for first-time visitors), has a lot of personality, and is very walkable. I'm still sort of looking in other areas, but the amount of information is a touch overwhelming.
We found a hotel (Hotel La Demeure) that offers a very good rate when booked early, but it strikes me as almost at the edge of the 5th (it's at the Les Gobelins metro stop). I like the location of Hotel Familia (which seems to be highly recommended here) a little better, but when I look at the map, I wonder if it's really that big of a deal to be a little further out in order to save a little money. Then again, it's only about 100 USD that we're saving total, which in the grand scheme of things, may not be worth the gamble. I guess I just figured that's even more money we can spend on good food
Anyone stayed at La Demeure and can recommend it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquake near Naples
- 2 Budapest to Kosice
- 3 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 4 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 5 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 6 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 7 3nights in Venice
- 8 Paris in November
- 9 My 3 days in Venice
- 10 multi city flights to europe
- 11 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 12 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 13 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 14 One week in Europe
- 15 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 16 London Theater
- 17 Tracking the Weather
- 18 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 19 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 20 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 21 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 22 My final Prague itinerary
- 23 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 24 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 25 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL