I've been reading a lot of past threads on where to stay in Paris and it seems like the 5th is a pretty good fit. From what I can gather it's central (which I would assume is good for first-time visitors), has a lot of personality, and is very walkable. I'm still sort of looking in other areas, but the amount of information is a touch overwhelming.
We found a hotel (Hotel La Demeure) that offers a very good rate when booked early, but it strikes me as almost at the edge of the 5th (it's at the Les Gobelins metro stop). I like the location of Hotel Familia (which seems to be highly recommended here) a little better, but when I look at the map, I wonder if it's really that big of a deal to be a little further out in order to save a little money. Then again, it's only about 100 USD that we're saving total, which in the grand scheme of things, may not be worth the gamble. I guess I just figured that's even more money we can spend on good food
Anyone stayed at La Demeure and can recommend it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 2 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 3 Short Trip to Paris
- 4 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 5 Help with basic itinerary
- 6 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 7 Visit to Engand
- 8 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 9 Cinqueterre
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 11 Final Four
- 12 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 13 Parking in Girona
- 14 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 15 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 16 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 17 SNCF - low price for summer
- 18 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 19 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 20 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 21 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 22 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 23 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 24 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 25 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017