I've been reading a lot of past threads on where to stay in Paris and it seems like the 5th is a pretty good fit. From what I can gather it's central (which I would assume is good for first-time visitors), has a lot of personality, and is very walkable. I'm still sort of looking in other areas, but the amount of information is a touch overwhelming.
We found a hotel (Hotel La Demeure) that offers a very good rate when booked early, but it strikes me as almost at the edge of the 5th (it's at the Les Gobelins metro stop). I like the location of Hotel Familia (which seems to be highly recommended here) a little better, but when I look at the map, I wonder if it's really that big of a deal to be a little further out in order to save a little money. Then again, it's only about 100 USD that we're saving total, which in the grand scheme of things, may not be worth the gamble. I guess I just figured that's even more money we can spend on good food
Anyone stayed at La Demeure and can recommend it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 2 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Maximizing Norway time
- 7 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 8 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 9 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 10 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 11 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 12 Hiking in Switzerland
- 13 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 14 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 15 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 16 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 17 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 18 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 19 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 20 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 21 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 24 CASH OR CARD?
- 25 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!