I've been reading a lot of past threads on where to stay in Paris and it seems like the 5th is a pretty good fit. From what I can gather it's central (which I would assume is good for first-time visitors), has a lot of personality, and is very walkable. I'm still sort of looking in other areas, but the amount of information is a touch overwhelming.
We found a hotel (Hotel La Demeure) that offers a very good rate when booked early, but it strikes me as almost at the edge of the 5th (it's at the Les Gobelins metro stop). I like the location of Hotel Familia (which seems to be highly recommended here) a little better, but when I look at the map, I wonder if it's really that big of a deal to be a little further out in order to save a little money. Then again, it's only about 100 USD that we're saving total, which in the grand scheme of things, may not be worth the gamble. I guess I just figured that's even more money we can spend on good food
Anyone stayed at La Demeure and can recommend it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 3 Need Information about French Alps
- 4 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 5 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 6 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 7 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 8 Cordoba Overnight?
- 9 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 10 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 11 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 12 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 13 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 14 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 15 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 16 Uffizi Phone Number
- 17 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 18 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 19 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 20 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 21 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 22 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 23 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 24 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?