Hi! Spending a couple of days in Santillana del Mar to see the caves (well, replicas) etc. and had a full day to spare - thought we'd do some hiking. We are a family of 4 - two teens (17, 18) and two middle-aged relatively fit folks who like to hike. We read about this "Senda del Oso Pardo," (The way of the Brown Bear) in a VERY OLD book about hiking in Spain and wondered if anyone had trekked here lately and could offer any hints, advice or insight about this trail. It looks really cool, crossing through a few little towns, and going through old railroad tunnels and through gorges. Thanks!
Has anyone hiked the "Senda del Oso?"
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 2 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 3 England and Scotland
- 4 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 5 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 6 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 7 Athens/Istanbul March
- 8 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 9 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 10 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 11 Dublin to Armagh?
- 12 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 13 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 14 Gite and/or agritourism
- 15 Apartment for family trip to London
- 16 Prebook B&Bs
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 19 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 20 Trains in Italy
- 21 20 days in Germany
- 22 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 23 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 24 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 25 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger