I just returned yesterday from a business/pleasure trip to Scotland and Belgium. Halfway through the trip, I flew on British Airways from Edinburgh to Brussels via Heathrow. I arrived safely in Brussels, but my luggage did not.
Thankfully, they easily located my bag in London, and it was delivered to my hotel room in Brussels later that night. But the first thing I noticed when I opened up my suitcase was a big gaping hole where my toiletry bag had been. I can only assume that someone stole it out of my suitcase during the layover in London. I am steaming mad - that toiletry bag is a beautiful Kate Spade that I adored, and it was filled with all of my makeup, my pills, a couple pairs of disposable contact lenses, and a bunch of other things.
Has this happened to anyone else here? Can you offer any advice on how to handle this? I have already submitted a claim on British Airways' website, but I'd love to hear if others have had any luck getting reimbursed for stolen items.
Other than that, my trip to Edinburgh, the Scottish Highlands, and Brussels was great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 2 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions
- 3 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 4 Road Trip - Ireland, Scotland and England
- 5 International drivers permit
- 6 Help me make this possible!
- 7 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 8 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 9 First visit to London
- 10 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 11 ATM
- 12 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 13 ATM help
- 14 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 15 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 17 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 18 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 19 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 20 Spain Itinerary
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 23 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 24 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 25 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
Has anyone here had something stolen out of their luggage at Heathrow?