I just returned yesterday from a business/pleasure trip to Scotland and Belgium. Halfway through the trip, I flew on British Airways from Edinburgh to Brussels via Heathrow. I arrived safely in Brussels, but my luggage did not.
Thankfully, they easily located my bag in London, and it was delivered to my hotel room in Brussels later that night. But the first thing I noticed when I opened up my suitcase was a big gaping hole where my toiletry bag had been. I can only assume that someone stole it out of my suitcase during the layover in London. I am steaming mad - that toiletry bag is a beautiful Kate Spade that I adored, and it was filled with all of my makeup, my pills, a couple pairs of disposable contact lenses, and a bunch of other things.
Has this happened to anyone else here? Can you offer any advice on how to handle this? I have already submitted a claim on British Airways' website, but I'd love to hear if others have had any luck getting reimbursed for stolen items.
Other than that, my trip to Edinburgh, the Scottish Highlands, and Brussels was great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Electrical Power Conversion
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Douro Valley in January?
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 8 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 14 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 15 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 16 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 17 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 20 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 21 Spanish Medical Providers
- 22 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 23 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 24 Barcelona alternative
- 25 wondering if this trip too ambitious
Has anyone here had something stolen out of their luggage at Heathrow?