Traveling to London & Paris in May. I am considering a Pingo "phone card" (not really a card; just an account number) for calling back to the US on occasion just to keep in touch with my kids.
I've used Union telecard's Europe Blue card in the past, but they have no access numbers in France or the UK.
I'll only be making a dozen calls or so total, from my hotel phone (yes...I know there may be a chanrge for that.)
I have access to a global cell phone, but Sim card calling seems to cost nearly $1 per minute, whereas, even with hotel fees, a virtual card will probably run around 25 cents a minute at most.
Is Pingo reliable, easy to use, etc.?
I will appreciate all comments, suggestions, experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:844:669:7811 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 3 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 4 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 5 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 6 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 7 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 8 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 11 Scotland
- 12 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 13 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 14 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 15 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 16 Maximizing Norway time
- 17 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 18 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 19 Studying art in English in venice
- 20 Berlin to ?
- 21 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 22 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 23 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 24 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
Has anyone ever used Pingo (phone card) in France/UK to call US?