Traveling to London & Paris in May. I am considering a Pingo "phone card" (not really a card; just an account number) for calling back to the US on occasion just to keep in touch with my kids.
I've used Union telecard's Europe Blue card in the past, but they have no access numbers in France or the UK.
I'll only be making a dozen calls or so total, from my hotel phone (yes...I know there may be a chanrge for that.)
I have access to a global cell phone, but Sim card calling seems to cost nearly $1 per minute, whereas, even with hotel fees, a virtual card will probably run around 25 cents a minute at most.
Is Pingo reliable, easy to use, etc.?
I will appreciate all comments, suggestions, experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 2 Scotland Trip Report
- 3 What tips can you give about packing?
- 4 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 5 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 8 Cordoba Overnight?
- 9 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 10 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 11 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 12 How the kids age calculated
- 13 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 14 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 15 Firt time VISA applicant
- 16 Uffizi Phone Number
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Aix Provence
- 20 Sintra
- 21 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 22 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 Marseille vs. Genoa
Has anyone ever used Pingo (phone card) in France/UK to call US?