Traveling to London & Paris in May. I am considering a Pingo "phone card" (not really a card; just an account number) for calling back to the US on occasion just to keep in touch with my kids.
I've used Union telecard's Europe Blue card in the past, but they have no access numbers in France or the UK.
I'll only be making a dozen calls or so total, from my hotel phone (yes...I know there may be a chanrge for that.)
I have access to a global cell phone, but Sim card calling seems to cost nearly $1 per minute, whereas, even with hotel fees, a virtual card will probably run around 25 cents a minute at most.
Is Pingo reliable, easy to use, etc.?
I will appreciate all comments, suggestions, experiences.
Has anyone ever used Pingo (phone card) in France/UK to call US?
- 1 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 2 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 3 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 4 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 5 I Need To Vent!
- 6 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 7 Tour company in Toledo
- 8 What size luggage?
- 9 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 10 Help planning a shore excursion in Helsinki
- 11 Help with itenerary
- 12 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 13 Clifden Ireland, farm or stable lodging
- 14 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 15 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 16 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 17 Odessa--7 km bazaar
- 18 Phone in europe
- 19 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 20 Ghent Alterpiece Moved?
- 21 HELP stuck in Italy
- 22 What the heck- purchased italian train tickets for wrong date!
- 23 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 24 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 25 charming small French city for weeklong stay?