Traveling to London & Paris in May. I am considering a Pingo "phone card" (not really a card; just an account number) for calling back to the US on occasion just to keep in touch with my kids.
I've used Union telecard's Europe Blue card in the past, but they have no access numbers in France or the UK.
I'll only be making a dozen calls or so total, from my hotel phone (yes...I know there may be a chanrge for that.)
I have access to a global cell phone, but Sim card calling seems to cost nearly $1 per minute, whereas, even with hotel fees, a virtual card will probably run around 25 cents a minute at most.
Is Pingo reliable, easy to use, etc.?
I will appreciate all comments, suggestions, experiences.
Has anyone ever used Pingo (phone card) in France/UK to call US?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 2 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 3 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 4 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 5 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 6 Wine tours - without a car and on a budget!
- 7 England sites not to miss
- 8 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 9 month's stay in Italy
- 10 2 month backpacking though europe
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 naples & pickpockets
- 13 Scotland day tour
- 14 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 15 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 16 Wine tour from Verona?
- 17 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 18 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 19 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 20 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 21 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 22 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 23 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 24 Lucca, Italy - flea/antique market?
- 25 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?