Traveling to London & Paris in May. I am considering a Pingo "phone card" (not really a card; just an account number) for calling back to the US on occasion just to keep in touch with my kids.
I've used Union telecard's Europe Blue card in the past, but they have no access numbers in France or the UK.
I'll only be making a dozen calls or so total, from my hotel phone (yes...I know there may be a chanrge for that.)
I have access to a global cell phone, but Sim card calling seems to cost nearly $1 per minute, whereas, even with hotel fees, a virtual card will probably run around 25 cents a minute at most.
Is Pingo reliable, easy to use, etc.?
I will appreciate all comments, suggestions, experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 italy Cinque Terre
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 7 San Sebastián
- 8 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 9 Northern Ireland ideas
- 10 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 11 Zurich to Milan trip
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Belgium Itinerary
- 14 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 17 Driving through Paris
- 18 Can parking
- 19 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 20 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 21 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 22 Electrical Power Conversion
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 25 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
Has anyone ever used Pingo (phone card) in France/UK to call US?