Traveling to London & Paris in May. I am considering a Pingo "phone card" (not really a card; just an account number) for calling back to the US on occasion just to keep in touch with my kids.
I've used Union telecard's Europe Blue card in the past, but they have no access numbers in France or the UK.
I'll only be making a dozen calls or so total, from my hotel phone (yes...I know there may be a chanrge for that.)
I have access to a global cell phone, but Sim card calling seems to cost nearly $1 per minute, whereas, even with hotel fees, a virtual card will probably run around 25 cents a minute at most.
Is Pingo reliable, easy to use, etc.?
I will appreciate all comments, suggestions, experiences.
Has anyone ever used Pingo (phone card) in France/UK to call US?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 2 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 10 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 11 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 12 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 13 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 14 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 15 Europe in 21 days
- 16 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 19 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 20 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 21 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 22 Spain Questions
- 23 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 24 Avignon to London?
- 25 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!