Traveling to London & Paris in May. I am considering a Pingo "phone card" (not really a card; just an account number) for calling back to the US on occasion just to keep in touch with my kids.
I've used Union telecard's Europe Blue card in the past, but they have no access numbers in France or the UK.
I'll only be making a dozen calls or so total, from my hotel phone (yes...I know there may be a chanrge for that.)
I have access to a global cell phone, but Sim card calling seems to cost nearly $1 per minute, whereas, even with hotel fees, a virtual card will probably run around 25 cents a minute at most.
Is Pingo reliable, easy to use, etc.?
I will appreciate all comments, suggestions, experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 2 http://guidemesupplement.com/male-enhancement/infinite-male/
- 3 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 4 Grade Garcinia my first order Flawless
- 5 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 6 Barcelona completely overrated
- 7 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 8 Prague old town
- 9 Rome Airport Question!
- 10 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 11 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 12 tablet
- 13 26 days in Italy
- 14 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 15 Car rental between countries
- 16 Holland Itinerary
- 17 Train Ticket Help
- 18 Puglia Itinerary - too many choices
- 19 Whirlwind trip!
- 20 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 21 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 22 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 23 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 24 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 25 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
Has anyone ever used Pingo (phone card) in France/UK to call US?