Traveling to London & Paris in May. I am considering a Pingo "phone card" (not really a card; just an account number) for calling back to the US on occasion just to keep in touch with my kids.
I've used Union telecard's Europe Blue card in the past, but they have no access numbers in France or the UK.
I'll only be making a dozen calls or so total, from my hotel phone (yes...I know there may be a chanrge for that.)
I have access to a global cell phone, but Sim card calling seems to cost nearly $1 per minute, whereas, even with hotel fees, a virtual card will probably run around 25 cents a minute at most.
Is Pingo reliable, easy to use, etc.?
I will appreciate all comments, suggestions, experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another "Beware of Cab RipOff" Story
- 2 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 3 England and Wales by public transport
- 4 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 5 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 6 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 7 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 8 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 9 Europe Itinerary
- 10 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 11 Loire Valley itinerary
- 12 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 13 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 14 Phone cards
- 15 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 16 Naxos hotel question
- 17 Oktoberfest 2016 What to expect
- 18 Pylos to Corinth with two days to spare, perhaps in Arcadia?
- 19 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 20 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 21 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 22 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
- 23 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 24 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 25 Family trip to Spain: Barcelona, Seville and San Sebastian
Has anyone ever used Pingo (phone card) in France/UK to call US?