Traveling to London & Paris in May. I am considering a Pingo "phone card" (not really a card; just an account number) for calling back to the US on occasion just to keep in touch with my kids.
I've used Union telecard's Europe Blue card in the past, but they have no access numbers in France or the UK.
I'll only be making a dozen calls or so total, from my hotel phone (yes...I know there may be a chanrge for that.)
I have access to a global cell phone, but Sim card calling seems to cost nearly $1 per minute, whereas, even with hotel fees, a virtual card will probably run around 25 cents a minute at most.
Is Pingo reliable, easy to use, etc.?
I will appreciate all comments, suggestions, experiences.
Has anyone ever used Pingo (phone card) in France/UK to call US?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England & Scotland in April
- 2 How to structure this trip?
- 3 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 4 Transport in Venice
- 5 Wengen to Torino?
- 6 When to go to Sicily
- 7 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 10 Current Recs for accommodations near Glencoe
- 11 Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice
- 12 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 13 Too Ambitious of an Itinerary?
- 14 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 15 Prebook B&Bs
- 16 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 17 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 18 Lakes District UK
- 19 Rome Areas to stay
- 20 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 21 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 22 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 23 Italy - Month of July
- 24 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 25 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives