Traveling to London & Paris in May. I am considering a Pingo "phone card" (not really a card; just an account number) for calling back to the US on occasion just to keep in touch with my kids.
I've used Union telecard's Europe Blue card in the past, but they have no access numbers in France or the UK.
I'll only be making a dozen calls or so total, from my hotel phone (yes...I know there may be a chanrge for that.)
I have access to a global cell phone, but Sim card calling seems to cost nearly $1 per minute, whereas, even with hotel fees, a virtual card will probably run around 25 cents a minute at most.
Is Pingo reliable, easy to use, etc.?
I will appreciate all comments, suggestions, experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 2 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 3 Verona or Athens?
- 4 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 5 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 6 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 7 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 8 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 9 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 10 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 11 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 12 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 13 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 14 European Cooking Secrets
- 15 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 16 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 17 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 18 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 19 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 20 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 21 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 22 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 23 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 24 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 25 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
Has anyone ever used Pingo (phone card) in France/UK to call US?